* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: ALERT! PU NEEDS MOTIVATION!  (Read 58745 times)

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
Re: ALERT! PU NEEDS MOTIVATION!
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2014, 05:00:35 am »
I wish I could of been around to see all this stuff xD
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2014, 05:04:35 am »
How'd he get on the team if he was such a scrub?

Daylin: 35/100

Offline Monzta

• CharlesedickNB
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Effectively.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2014, 06:43:54 am »
How'd he get on the team if he was such a scrub?
He wasn't always that way. He was an okay guy, used to make UI for the game.

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2014, 01:08:48 pm »
Sorry, did you mention PU and veteran in the same sentence? When I turned there was a competition to name the region. Needless to say, I lost, there was a plot uncovered by Mr. Dark to create multiple accounts to rig the competition, and Miryus won with a grand total of about 40 votes.

Offline TerryE

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2014, 05:31:30 pm »
In my years as a gamer, I've seen games with good concept that failed to execute those ideas properly. Games like Test Drive Unlimited 2 - an open world online racing game where racers could roam freely while being able to encounter other racers and challenge them on the spot, with expensive mansions and cars taunting the player and giving them something to aim for. Sounds like a great concept right? But the game failed to execute and failed the expectations of many fans.

But once I saw the screenshots of PU back in 2009, I knew it wouldn't be one of those games. So i signed up and kept my eyes on the project ever since. I've tried to recruit friends to the cause. But they've all said "But its not even in the beta phase". I just want to see this project come to fruition, to prove my friends wrong. A good, functioning and active MMORPG of Pokemon only exists in my wildest dreams at the moment. My message to the PU team is to keep working at it. You all didn't put in this much work to scrap it all.
Quality is ALWAYS better than quantity. ALWAYS

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2014, 07:32:40 pm »
My Internet goes out for one night, and this thread exploded, without contributing...phooey.

Anyways, I'm glad to see so many people coming back! For awhile, it was just me, Blades, Roloc, cortex,humen, and Nexalas. Glad to see Declan again, Surprised Monzta is still here, toast... I thought you were in the toaster?

And cortex, that would be cool. I remember the Harley fan, the D-Virus, and I came here during part of the Leo debacle, and I remember coming here RIGHT AFTER carbon was...Carbon.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2014, 08:49:27 pm »
You're not alone GBA, I'm off for one weekend and the site suddenly becomes active...
I'm not complaining or anything lol, because activity is obviously a good thing. I joined about a year and a half ago, left about half a year ago because my schedule was ridiculous and I didn't have time to keep up, but I missed the community we had and so I came back like a month later. Needless to say, my schedule is still absurd, but it's whatever.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline TerryE

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2014, 11:52:26 pm »
I remember IT and the gender issues that came along with IT. Then one night IT was banned for having multiple accounts. With each account, IT had a different personality. How do we know if IT hasn't returned under a different alias? Hmm...
Quality is ALWAYS better than quantity. ALWAYS

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2014, 12:27:39 am »
Hahaha, I still remembering how I joined in all this mess xD

I googled Pokémon MMORPG. Saw Pokémon Universe. Went in, downloaded something without looking at the post date (Which was April 1st.) Got mad, and then joined the forums because, heck, I made an account for all this. Slapped pixel arts on the forum.

Next day... Joined the PU pixel art team. .w.; Boredom did and still does weird stuff with me.

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline xhizor8201

• Normal Trainer
  • I'm on a boat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2014, 12:48:48 am »
Well ive been reading this for a bit and i guess ill just do a quick intro for those who dont know me. Im a 16 year-old, turning 17 in a couple months, and i joined the site back in 2010, so i was like 13, so this'll be my 4th year lurking around, waiting for the MMO. I apologize for not really being active like AT ALL, this year especially is the toughest yet cuz im in a boarding school so my schedule's pretty packed with classes and then i work for a while in the afternoon, so I dont have the most free time xD sorry guys. But i want you guys to know that im still here and i check up on the site whenever I can and im not going anywhere :) Though, I must admit, most of the people I used to talk with and stuff are kind of gone, no that any of you aren't interesting :P Haha, it;s been great here honestly, i remember most of the stuff mentioned, and xD yeah i remember the stuff with ChibiVampire and Leo, omw. But yeah, im sure im not the only one that still lurks here though is inactive.

Surprisingly i didn't know about Bakagringo doing that ._. i thought the guy was pretty cool when i first met him.

I think Kamaran's pretty cool, taught me a couple of things about gimp and other image editing stuff, so im still rpetty grateful for that.

Oh, though we never really talk anymore, I would have to say Jerry is still my favorite Team member cuz he's just so nice and awesome and helped me a ton back in the first couple of days i joined back when i was 13 :D Keep it up Jerry ;)

Dat Roloc man ._. makes me wanna quit pokemon forever i swear. I rarely win against him on PO xD And here i was, when we started using PO, that i'd pwn seeing as how im a pokemon veteran Been playing that blue version since i was 8 (though im not really sure how i ever passed it...) so i figured i'd do amazing, but nope :s Roloc's too good man. Props. Learn alot from the guy. Oh and sorry i havent mentioned it and might be a bit late, but congrats on the baby Miss Wednesday and Roloc. :) You guys are awesome!

I love the PU Team!!!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 12:52:03 am by xhizor8201 »

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2014, 01:05:22 am »
Well ive been reading this for a bit and i guess ill just do a quick intro for those who dont know me. Im a 16 year-old, turning 17 in a couple months, and i joined the site back in 2010, so i was like 13, so this'll be my 4th year lurking around, waiting for the MMO. I apologize for not really being active like AT ALL, this year especially is the toughest yet cuz im in a boarding school so my schedule's pretty packed with classes and then i work for a while in the afternoon, so I dont have the most free time xD sorry guys. But i want you guys to know that im still here and i check up on the site whenever I can and im not going anywhere :) Though, I must admit, most of the people I used to talk with and stuff are kind of gone, no that any of you aren't interesting :P Haha, it;s been great here honestly, i remember most of the stuff mentioned, and xD yeah i remember the stuff with ChibiVampire and Leo, omw. But yeah, im sure im not the only one that still lurks here though is inactive.

Surprisingly i didn't know about Bakagringo doing that ._. i thought the guy was pretty cool when i first met him.

I think Kamaran's pretty cool, taught me a couple of things about gimp and other image editing stuff, so im still rpetty grateful for that.

Oh, though we never really talk anymore, I would have to say Jerry is still my favorite Team member cuz he's just so nice and awesome and helped me a ton back in the first couple of days i joined back when i was 13 :D Keep it up Jerry ;)

Dat Roloc man ._. makes me wanna quit pokemon forever i swear. I rarely win against him on PO xD And here i was, when we started using PO, that i'd pwn seeing as how im a pokemon veteran Been playing that blue version since i was 8 (though im not really sure how i ever passed it...) so i figured i'd do amazing, but nope :s Roloc's too good man. Props. Learn alot from the guy. Oh and sorry i havent mentioned it and might be a bit late, but congrats on the baby Miss Wednesday and Roloc. :) You guys are awesome!

I love the PU Team!!!
Thank you Xhizor! =w= and your signature always makes me laugh xD
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2014, 01:08:23 am »
Complement overload. *explodes*

xD Thanks man. We will be posting more pics soon. We have hundreds of pics but only post a few on here.

Heres another of him taken this morning by his mom.

Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline xhizor8201

• Normal Trainer
  • I'm on a boat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2014, 01:22:03 am »
Complement overload. *explodes*

xD Thanks man. We will be posting more pics soon. We have hundreds of pics but only post a few on here.

Heres another of him taken this morning by his mom.

Thank you Xhizor! =w= and your signature always makes me laugh xD
Ugh, i hope i did this double quoting right ^ Havent used these forum commands in a while xD
No problem you guys :)    xD ikr, i forgot about my sig, lol, ah the fun times in PO :D
GAH, Adorable! <3 You gonna teach him spanish Miss Wednesday? ;) You better >.>

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
  • I am the last of my kind and im loving it
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2014, 01:28:25 am »
My god what happen to his hair precious baby hair!
Sticks and stones can break my bones and names can make me feel like i deserved it.

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2014, 01:59:38 am »
Hi I'm Humen i came when the forum was dead and like it that way. And i shall pool all my resources toghether to insure that it never revives!

And holy Afro Jesus Simulacrum was a girl!
No, I was just sh*tting you about that. I'm seriously a 15 year-old guy. One thing you should know about me, is that I love sarcasm.

Monzta: Yeah, I was annoying. I've went through and read my own posts. By the time I was done, I wanted to pull my hair out. I was lucky though; you, Frenchfry, Silver, and a few other people fixed me. I think you'll find me much less annoying than before. I've matured over the years.

Roloc: That was Leo. His name before that was Unbreakable, I think. He changed it not long after I joined, if I'm not mistaken.

I remember the Chibi incident. That was hilarious. Hey Monzta, remember when we were messing around on the IRC channel that one time? I changed my nick to Angel, and someone who obviously wasn't following the chat took a screenshot, and Leo thought that Chibi was back. At the time, I felt kind of bad, but looking back it was hilarious.

The IRC channel was chansey awesome. I have so many good memories from there. I wonder if I still have all of my screenshots on a flash drive somewhere...

Xetroc: That would be the most awesome thing ever.

Also, I remember when deadae and Pokepower were here. There was some seriously funny poop that happened when they were here. I should go back and read some of those posts, I remember laughing my ass off at a lot of the posts that were made.

Also, I'm still working on that thread I was talking about. I'm doing my driver's ed class right now, and also trying to catch up on school. I've been behind schedule all year. I'll get around to it though, I figure I've got time since most people are pretty busy this time of the year anyway.