* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: [Pokedex Entry] Whiscash  (Read 4774 times)

Offline Triloog

• Beginning Trainer
  • I'M NEW! BE NICE!
    • View Profile
    • My deviant art page. Work in progress. :P
[Pokedex Entry] Whiscash
« on: February 28, 2014, 01:04:27 pm »
Pokemon #340, Whiscash, Water/Ground Type, Whiskers Pokémon.

Average measurements:
Height: 2’11” or 0.9 m.
Weight: 52.0 lbs. or 23.6 kg.

Intro:
Whiscash is a large, blue with yellow catfish with a large, yellow W on his forehead. It is known for its ability to cause and predict earthquakes. It is a very territorial Pokémon with a big territory that will cause earthquakes when his territory is invaded, or will cause trouble for his surroundings when claiming a territory of its own. If Whiscash is left alone, it will usually not cause any problems.

Diet:
Whiscash eats anything that he encounters, whether it is a berry, a creature or a inanimate object. Smaller Pokémon are not safe inside its territory. The only thing it does not immediately eat are Rindo berries. Through evolution, Whiscash have learned that they need these berries to protect themselves from grass attacks, which are extremely effective against Whiscash.

Habitat:
Whiscash have a big territory and are found in watery areas such as large ponds or swamps, often on the bottom. It can feel tremors in the ground by staying on the bottom of the lake. His whiskers help him to sense these vibrations, and possible coming earthquakes. Living in water also keeps him from dehydrating.

Biology:
Whiscash is a large catfish Pokémon. Most of his skin is dark blue. It has four oval fins on the lower side of its body. Two are on the front and are large, the other two are on the back and are small. These four fins are dark blue. Whiscash also has a large, oval, dorsal fin on its back. This fin is light blue with three dark blue circles that form a triangle. Its dorsal fin is light blue and heart-shaped. Whiscash has two eyes, a large lightblue mouth with two large, lightblue barbels, and two large, yellow whiskers. Its forehead shows a large, yellow W. Its whiskers help him to sense earthquakes, while his barbels help Whiscash find food.
It feeds itself during night time. Since it’s such a large Pokémon, it needs to be feeding itself continuously during waking hours. It sleeps during the day in the mud, where he will awaken when he senses a tremor.
Whiscash is known for its earthquakes. Experience with creating earthquakes makes Whiscash able to sense earthquakes, and even able to sense them before they happen. Some Whiscash are really good at this and can even predict other things that will happen in the future. This is represented by the move Future Sight, which it can learn. When this Pokémon is trained proplerly, his sensitivity for vibrations can be concentrated into its whiskers to form sparks and helps the Pokémon to learn the move Spark.

Pokemon League Commission notes:
This Pokémon is a class B Pokémon. It is a Pokémon that is rarely encountered in the wild when there is only one Whiscash in a territory, or a Whiscash with a family, and it is left alone. When there are more Whiscash, trainers are allowed to catch this Pokémon, leaving at least one Whiscash with his familiy behind. This is actually encouraged, since more Whiscash are harmful to their environment.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 02:46:17 pm by Triloog »
Please don't copy paste my avatar. I've made it myself. :)

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: [Pokedex Entry] Whiscash
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 07:37:45 pm »
You seem to have a cute weakness for pokemon and their families amirite? :p Nice entry. I would change some wordings, but it's supposed to be your work, not mine :)
Good job.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 07:13:54 pm »
Yeah, agreeing with fuzzy here. Wording can be the difference between a good entry and a decent one. Remember, think scientific.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 07:28:52 pm »
unlocked
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 08:15:29 pm »
my adapted version. No approval of Triloog on this version yet but I just wanted to get it out there.

Pokemon #340, Whiscash, Water/Ground Type, Whiskers Pokémon.

Average measurements:
Height: 2’11” or 0.9 m.
Weight: 52.0 lbs. or 23.6 kg.

Intro:
Whiscash is a large catfish Pokémon. Most of his skin is dark blue. It has four oval fins on the lower side of its body. Two large fins are on the front, the small fins are on the back. These four fins are dark blue. Whiscash also has a large, oval dorsal fin on its back. This fin is heart-shaped and light blue with three dark blue circles that form a triangle. Whiscash has two eyes, a large light blue mouth with two large, light blue barbels, and two large, yellow whiskers. Its forehead shows a large, yellow W.

Diet:
Whiscash eats anything that he encounters, as long as it moves and is alive. Smaller Pokémon are not safe inside its territory. It also eats lots of other things, such as berries and inanimate objects. The only thing it does not immediately eat are Rindo berries. Through experience, Whiscash have learned that they need these berries to protect themselves from grass attacks, which are extremely effective against it.

Habitat:
Whiscash have a big territory and are found in watery areas such as large ponds or swamps, often on the bottom.

Biology:
Whiscash is known for its earthquakes. Experience with creating earthquakes makes Whiscash able to sense earthquakes with its whiskers, and even able to sense them before they happen. Some Whiscash develop the ability to predict other things in the future, giving them the ability to use the move Future Sight.
It is a very territorial Pokémon, which will claim a big territory, usually by making a big ruckus and creating a lot of earthquakes. It will also cause earthquakes when his surroundings are invaded. If Whiscash is left alone, it will usually not cause any problems.
Living in water also keeps him from dehydrating, although it can survive outside water for short periods of time.
It feeds itself during night time. Since it’s such a large Pokémon, it needs to feed itself continuously during waking hours. Whiscash uses its barbels to help find food in the dark, which is necessary at night. It sleeps during the day in the mud, where it will awaken when it senses a tremor.
When this Pokémon is trained properly, his sensitivity for vibrations can be concentrated into its whiskers to form sparks and help the Pokémon to learn the move Spark.

Pokemon League Commission notes:
Class D. Though Whiscash is an evolved pokemon, they are plentiful enough to not have any catching restrictions. On the contrary, catching Whiscash is encouraged, since one individual will claim a large territory, and territorial disputes between Whiscash can be very damaging to the environment due to their use of the move Earthquake.