Off-Topic Discussions > Other Chat

Chit Chat Thread

<< < (2/40) > >>

TrainerX:
I was actually thinking about the old Chit Chat Thread yesterday. Just the name of this thread brings back so many awesome memories...

So, what is this Twitch Plays Pokemon poop?

eddiedelta8:

--- Quote from: VisceralToast on March 03, 2014, 07:53:10 PM ---I was actually thinking about the old Chit Chat Thread yesterday. Just the name of this thread brings back so many awesome memories...

So, what is this Twitch Plays Pokemon poop?

--- End quote ---

It is a livestream with about 60,000 people playing pokemon.

--- Quote from: Xetroc on March 03, 2014, 04:05:47 PM ---Roloc, you're not alone. If I wanted to watch chaos, I would go to my parents house, which is guaranteed to be much more entertaining.

--- End quote ---

There is a much smaller version of it if you cannot take the chaos.
I hear they recently beat gold and are on pokemon emerald now!

Triloog:
Quote from: VisceralToast on 3 March 2014 at 07:53:10 pm

--- Quote ---It is a livestream with about 60,000 people playing pokemon.
--- End quote ---

Quote from: eddidelta8 on 3 March 2014 at 08:47:45 pm

--- Quote ---It is a livestream with about 60,000 people playing pokemon.
--- End quote ---

People are able to make the main character move/take actions by entering (the arrows) up, down, left, right, A, B, start and select in a chat box.
Another feature of anarchy and democracy is added. When enough people type anarchy, the game changes to anarchy mode, which means that what people type happens in the order they type it. When enough people type democracy, there is some sort of voting system for what will happen in-game.

But since people are sort of randomly pressing buttons, it's quite random what happens.

I believe they are done with the Red version and are currently 'playing' the Crystal version.

GrizzlyEatsKids:
Yeah, they just started Crystal yesterday. I'm actually a pretty big fan of the experiment, as I've been following it since they started Red. If anyone hasn't seen it and was wondering exactly what it is, here's a link: http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

Bing:
Twitch Plays Pokemon has been one of the funniest things I've seen.  I still follow the reddit updater for crystal but, I don't watch as much as I did with red.  The crystal playthrough seems to be going almost too smoothly.  But, that's probably because they haven't released Feraligator (LazorGator) yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version