* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Chit Chat Thread  (Read 80417 times)

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
Chit Chat Thread
« on: March 03, 2014, 03:39:09 pm »
Okay, so it's great that everybody wants to chat again, but this has lead to lot of off topic posting. So I have decided to resurrect the long dead Chit Chat Thread for all your chatting needs!

Anyways, has anybody else been watching Twitch Plays Pokemon? It's strangely addictive...

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
Re: Chit Chat Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 03:49:27 pm »
Seems like I'm the only one who thinks it's stupid. :(
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 04:05:47 pm »
Roloc, you're not alone. If I wanted to watch chaos, I would go to my parents house, which is guaranteed to be much more entertaining.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
  • I am the last of my kind and im loving it
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 04:31:55 pm »
Nah that things dumb. i tried to play it couldnt even see my command amoungst all the other spam >:I
Sticks and stones can break my bones and names can make me feel like i deserved it.

Offline Triloog

• Beginning Trainer
  • I'M NEW! BE NICE!
    • View Profile
    • My deviant art page. Work in progress. :P
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 07:43:14 pm »
I haven't watch much of it, but about what I've heard:
amazing what all those people actually managed to do!

I would've never thought they would come that far. :P
Please don't copy paste my avatar. I've made it myself. :)

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 07:53:10 pm »
I was actually thinking about the old Chit Chat Thread yesterday. Just the name of this thread brings back so many awesome memories...

So, what is this Twitch Plays Pokemon poop?

Offline eddiedelta8

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 08:47:45 pm »
I was actually thinking about the old Chit Chat Thread yesterday. Just the name of this thread brings back so many awesome memories...

So, what is this Twitch Plays Pokemon poop?

It is a livestream with about 60,000 people playing pokemon.

Roloc, you're not alone. If I wanted to watch chaos, I would go to my parents house, which is guaranteed to be much more entertaining.

There is a much smaller version of it if you cannot take the chaos.
I hear they recently beat gold and are on pokemon emerald now!
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." -Mewtwo (Pokemon - The First Movie)

Offline Triloog

• Beginning Trainer
  • I'M NEW! BE NICE!
    • View Profile
    • My deviant art page. Work in progress. :P
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 10:12:38 pm »
Quote from: VisceralToast on 3 March 2014 at 07:53:10 pm

Quote from: eddidelta8 on 3 March 2014 at 08:47:45 pm

People are able to make the main character move/take actions by entering (the arrows) up, down, left, right, A, B, start and select in a chat box.
Another feature of anarchy and democracy is added. When enough people type anarchy, the game changes to anarchy mode, which means that what people type happens in the order they type it. When enough people type democracy, there is some sort of voting system for what will happen in-game.

But since people are sort of randomly pressing buttons, it's quite random what happens.

I believe they are done with the Red version and are currently 'playing' the Crystal version.
Please don't copy paste my avatar. I've made it myself. :)

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 11:35:13 pm »
Yeah, they just started Crystal yesterday. I'm actually a pretty big fan of the experiment, as I've been following it since they started Red. If anyone hasn't seen it and was wondering exactly what it is, here's a link: http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 06:34:05 pm »
Twitch Plays Pokemon has been one of the funniest things I've seen.  I still follow the reddit updater for crystal but, I don't watch as much as I did with red.  The crystal playthrough seems to be going almost too smoothly.  But, that's probably because they haven't released Feraligator (LazorGator) yet.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2014, 06:02:02 pm »
Been watching only a small part of it. It's interesting to a point, but not as much as being able to play by your own self ^^; I mean it's nice and all to see how people react and get together to overcome challenges, but it's not something that can hook up my attention for hours.

And some other people have started doing something similar to twitch plays pokemon after this got so much popularity... Anyway, as long as they have fun xD
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2014, 10:31:55 pm »
Been watching only a small part of it. It's interesting to a point, but not as much as being able to play by your own self ^^; I mean it's nice and all to see how people react and get together to overcome challenges, but it's not something that can hook up my attention for hours.

And some other people have started doing something similar to twitch plays pokemon after this got so much popularity... Anyway, as long as they have fun xD

Yeah, this is true. The hypes pretty much died down now :( Though it has encouraged me to play Fire Red, something which I've never gotten round to before.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2014, 11:26:40 pm »
I love all of the old games but I just can't bring myself to play them anymore. r/d/y, g/s/c, r/s/e had the old ways of damage. (All fire attacks are special, all ghost attacks are physical, etc.) Makes them very annoying to play for a competitive player since it makes a lot of pokemon useless. Namely Gyarados. Only knows bounce as a stab move because all water attacks are special, even waterfall.

It does make Gengar a nice poke though, even if it can't use shadow ball because it's physical, it can however use the three elemental punches because all three are special attacks. And yeah I played the hg/ss remakes. I love em, but they don't have the "old" feel to them, ya know?
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2014, 11:33:05 pm »
Sounds like you can't make your mind up about what you want in the game :P I'm just gutted that there was no Yellow remake, as it was the first game I owned. Plus Pikachu!

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2014, 11:41:27 pm »
Twitch decided to play nice with my internet, so I decided to give it ago. I guess the run was going pretty smoothly up until we tried to battle Jasmin (this was last Saturday I think.), all of the Pokemon in our party except Feraligatr were under-leveled. We lost pretty quickly. Then "Feraligatr and democracy ruined this run" got spammed in the chat a million times. I would imagine they've made progress since then though.

Also, I think I saw Twitch Plays Mortal Kombat when I was looking for Twitch Plays Pokemon. I think I'm gonna check that out.