* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: [Pokedex Entry] Regigigas  (Read 6244 times)

Offline Sazaraki

• Beginning Trainer
  • ^_^
    • View Profile
[Pokedex Entry] Regigigas
« on: March 08, 2014, 02:41:50 am »
#486 Regigigas (The Colossal Pokemon), Normal Type

Average weight: 925.9 lbs
Average height: 12'02"

Intro

Regigigas are powerful, bipedal and humanoid Legendary Pokemon that are said to have moved the continents in ancient times. Although this isn't true, they do have extremely large amounts of strength. Regigigas are capable of creating the Legendary Golems: Regirock, Regice, and Registeel and can control them even after they have been captured by a trainer. It is thought Regigigas controls the Legendary Golems by using telepathy and then either issuing commands or controlling them directly. While under the control of Regigigas, the Legendary Golems will not listen to any other command. Regigigas are naturally calm and gentle but will go on a rampage if awoken from sleep. They appear to have been locked away in ancient times with a set of Legendary Golems being the keys that awaken them. They were once thought to be intricate statues.

Diet

It is not known what Regigigas eat or if they even need to eat at all.

Habitat

Regigigas are few in number and don't have a habitat. They are sealed away inside caves and temples in various locations around the world. It is unknown who or what sealed them in these locations.

Biology

Regigigas are shaped roughly like a human. They have two arms and two legs with a head in the center of their body at the top. On their wrists and shoulders are round, yellow pieces of armor. Their head is yellow and has 7 small dots. These dots are used by them for communication and expressing emotion and may be the origin of humanity's Braille language. They also tend to have moss growing on their shoulders and feet because of their long periods of slumber. On either side of their center piece, they have 3 colored gemstones representing the Legendary Golems. When creating one, they remove one of these gemstones and then they combine the gemstone with rock, ice, or magma to create a fully functioning Golem. This process isn't understood. They also are able to form another gemstone within a few years by unknown means. Regigigas seem to have near human intelligence and are able to communicate with humans. When initiating battle, Regigigas have a hard time getting started and are usually weak and slow during this period. However, once they get warmed up they can be nearly unstoppable juggernauts of destruction. It frequently takes a Champion's team to calm a rampaging Regigigas. They are capable of surviving any temperature and condition and are expert climbers, swimmers, and divers. Regigigas mainly use physical moves to battle, especially their signature Crush Grip attack, but they are capable of using some special moves like other Normal-type Pokemon. Another rare aspect of Regigigas is that it is incapable of learning any healing or protecting moves, even with trainer intervention.

Pokemon League Commission Notes

The PLC have classified Regigigas as Class A Pokemon; it is highly illegal to capture one except in exceptional circumstances. If one is captured the PLC can order the trainer to release or hand over the Regigigas. Using a Regigigas in any official battle is normally against the rules.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 04:03:39 am by Sazaraki »

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: [Pokedex Entry] Regigigas
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 09:57:11 am »
This is pretty good :) The grammar needs just a little bit of improvement here and there, but on the whole I really like this entry. You managed to make something nice of the Regi-cycle and I also like the way you worked with slow start and Regigigas' huge stats. good job :)

If you'd like some help with the grammar and flow of the sentences, you can tell me and I'll make what I would consider to be a corrected version. Of course, if Xetroc is fine with this version, I'll consider myself to be overruled.

Offline Sazaraki

• Beginning Trainer
  • ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 03:42:15 pm »
Thanks Fuzzy :) I know sometimes I have a hard time with grammar, feel free to make suggestions.

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 02:23:10 am »
I could go on and on about choices in style, but after thoroughly reviewing your text, I came to the conclusiont that your grammar is actually very good :) Your style is a bit stale and static (and I REALLY want to add that that's FINE for scientific literature), but it works. If you change the first paragraph to this:

Regigigas are powerful, bipedal and humanoid Legendary Pokemon that are said to have moved the continents in ancient times. Although this isn't true, they do have extremely large amounts of strength. Regigigas are capable of creating the Legendary Golems: Regirock, Regice, and Registeel and can control them even after they have been captured by a trainer. It is thought Regigigas controls the Legendary Golems by using telepathy and then either issuing commands or controlling them directly. While under the control of Regigigas, the Legendary Golems will not listen to any other command. Regigigas are naturally calm and gentle but will go on a rampage if awoken from sleep. They appear to have been locked away in ancient times with a set of Legendary Golems being the keys that awaken them. They were once thought to be intricate statues.

Then It's flawless as far as grammar is concerned :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 02:35:35 am by fuzzy3158 »

Offline Sazaraki

• Beginning Trainer
  • ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 04:04:36 am »
Thanks! I used your paragraph to make it flow better. Writing isn't something I'm good at, but the scientific side of Pokemon(what little there is) is one of my favorite things.

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 07:50:53 pm »
this can probably be approved on short notice. I'll look into it soon.