* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Pokedex Entry] Pinsir for Roloc  (Read 3530 times)

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
[Pokedex Entry] Pinsir for Roloc
« on: March 14, 2014, 05:28:06 PM »
Pokemon #127, Pinsir, Bug type, Stag Beetle Pokemon.

Intro: Pinsir is a well-loved insect pokemon that is best known for its namesake pincers. It is almost the size of a human, which is huge for an insect pokemon. It has a pale brown, elliptical body of which the bottom half is segmented. It has two triangular eyes that give it an angry outlook, and a big mouth with ten teeth that are turned sideways. It has two thin, long and segmented arms with three claws each, and two short, solid legs that also have three claws. On top of its body are two huge pincers, covered in spikes.

Habitat: Pinsir is found naturally in tropical climates befitting its body type. It may also be found in forested areas where there are sap trees, which Pinsir loves. Many zoos, safari zones and other locations have imported Pinsir from foreign countries, making it more widespread than it would naturally be.

Diet: Due to its size and power, Pinsir is at the top of most food chains and will hunt smaller and sometimes even larger prey for food. Pinsir also loves the sap that comes from certain trees.

Biology: Pinsir is a pokemon that often shares its territory with others of its species. When driven from its territory, it may invade the territory from other pokemon aggressively to claim a new habitat.
Pinsir shares a fierce rivalry with Heracross, as they fulfull the same biotope and enjoy the same tree sap. While Heracross is slightly stronger, it is also the more timid of the two and will often avoid confrontation. When push comes to shove, Heracross will be able to chase Pinsir out of its habitat, but in mixed populations, Pinsir usually comes out as the dominant species.
Pinsir is an impatient pokemon that does not like long-stretched battles or other events. If a trainer is unable to catch Pinsir quickly, it will most likely run away. In battles, this usually means that Pinsir uses its tremendous power to take down opponents as quickly as possible or get knocked out in the process of trying. Its impatience to deal with troublesome abilities has led to the evolution of the ability Mold Breaker, which prevents opponents from using certain abilities.
Pinsir will try to grab and crush opponents with its pincers in battle, and throw away an opponent it is unable to crush.
Pinsir is a rare and popular pokemon often sought after by collectors. Due to this, many commercial enterprises have granted trainers the opportunity to catch Pinsir, such as the Safari Zone and the Game Corner.
Pinsir has the ability to Mega-Evolve into Mega-Pinsir. Mega-Pinsir has two angry, yellow eyes, larger horns with larger spikes, and larger claws in general. It also gains two orange, transparent wings which come from under its back shell, which is now split in two and open. The shell wings have gained two orange spikes each.
Pinsir is a cold-blooded pokemon that gets sluggish as the temperature rises. This has caused most Pinsir to move to warmer, more tropical climates. In colder climates, Pinsir bury themselves in soil when the temperature drops at night.

Pokemon League Commission notes:
Class B: Pinsir is a rare pokemon that is not found in most regions and can only be caught in specially set-up zones or parks.
Special Safari teams are sent out to Pinsir habitats to conservatively and sustainably catch Pinsir in from their natural environments for trainers to catch in Safari zones. Special permits are necessary for those teams and any trainer without such a permit are not allowed to catch Pinsir in their natural environment.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 11:45:25 PM by fuzzy3158 »

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
Re: [Pokedex Entry] Pinsir for Roloc
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 11:58:41 PM »
Awesome great job. Thanks
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 11:59:41 PM »
My pleasure. Pinsir is actually my favorite bug-type pokemon :)

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 12:04:19 AM »
Cool. Its my favorite Pokemon period. :D
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 02:37:20 AM »
Hi Fuzzy, I realise that Cortex (or Xetroc) has been responsible for the organisation of the Pokedex entries, but I feel that as a fellow Quest writer I should commend you on your efforts. Well done! Many of your descriptions have exceeded my expectations of what the community could achieve!

Keep writing, Declan

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 05:28:31 AM »
You know Fuzzy, if you haven't tried your hand at quest writing, I think you should give it a shot. I think you'd be great at it.

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 03:44:04 PM »
I guess I could give it a go. Miss Wednesday requesting Xatu actually gave me some good inspiration for a quest.