* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Special events and or special items!  (Read 5643 times)

Offline spartandc

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pokemon,Dragons,Mechs, Supersoldiers! MUHAHAHAHA
    • View Profile
Special events and or special items!
« on: March 18, 2014, 07:18:28 PM »
Good day pokemon universe community, i just wanted to talk about haveing a few special events for the game when it comes out, but hey its up to the Creators of this great work in progress.  Anyway i wanted to suggest a few events for when le game come out, one of my suggestions is have a special quest that allows you to get earlier access to the exp share, or have a special quest for a Few extra pokeballs or somthing that will help the frist few people go through the very beginning a little bit quicker then normal but not somthing that just allows them to fly through it, just somthing that gives them an extra little boost for being there for the event.  That was a few idea of mine, i would like to see what other people have in mind for this kind of stuff.  Alright well i think i went on long enough i just want hear your guys opinions and what you think about this kind of thing, once again thanks for takeing your time to read this i am sure the game will come together great with everybody doing what they can!

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Special events and or special items!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 06:36:08 PM »
I think this is a good idea. It's always nice to motivate people in the beginning by giving them easy access to good stuff :)

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 07:02:51 PM »
I highly doubt the exp share will be at the early - mid game. It's quite the potent item and should be reserved for later, perhaps mid-late game around the 7-9th-ish gym. Yes, in case you didn't know, there will be 18 gyms in pokemon universe, not only 8. But there for sure will be quests that give rewards such as potions, antidotes and pokeballs to help out beginning players.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 07:05:43 PM »
Old style Exp Share or new style? Or even the horrendous old-style Exp-All? :p

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 07:11:55 PM »
Gen 6 style exp share is just waay to much. It helps with EV training your entire team at the same time but in PU we have a different EV pt system so that won't matter anyway, and the speed at which you can level pokemon with gen 6 exp share is way to fast. It will most definitely be gen 4-5 style.
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 07:31:20 PM »
I think we're even scaling down leveling to make the game challenging as well, especially since everyone will be battling a lot. I do like the special event item idea, but more  global than anything else. Delibirdmas anyone?
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 07:45:03 PM »
Oh I like the idea of event-only items, but you should be wary and make them un-tradable, to prevent tragedies such as the party-hat in Runescape...

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 07:33:23 AM »
I kind of have a feeling that such events were already planned for, because after all, an MMO of this kind with events being only about tournaments, I think that players would have demanded for more variety in events :)

This thread is a little related.

Oh I like the idea of event-only items, but you should be wary and make them un-tradable, to prevent tragedies such as the party-hat in Runescape...

Could you perhaps give a little summary? I wasn't there when this happened ^^; And I'm not entirely sure what's wrong with those items being tradable :s
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 07:49:34 AM »
That one little item caused the entire runescape economy to crash. Players usually tossed that one item out, except for a few, causing it to become the rarest item in the game, and increasing its value one hundred fold, and simply trading it made a player able to get whatever they wanted, easily. Think of it like having the gibus in tf2 and only one exists after people just get rid of it, making it the most expensive item in the game. That's what fuzzy is warning about.

Personally, I don't think we'll have the problems in pu, but who knows, there may be an entire economy around outfits than goldz. I guess event items becoming non tradable would avoid the runescape scenario as well.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 07:54:32 AM »
Ahh I see, thanks for the insight. Hmm, from that optic though, 'tossing' items in the traditional games always meant that you would not have it back. Come to think of it, I don't remember discussing about how items are to be handled in PU; whether they are lost when thrown away or just put on the ground and available to whoever comes around.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 05:07:43 PM »
Most likely we will have some sort of thing on all clothing items such as BoE (Bind on Equip) and BoP (Bind on Pickup) Lots of MMO's use this system.

Which means that items that are BoE can be obtained and traded as long as the player doesn't use it.
While items that are BoP won't be able to be traded at all.

I'm pretty sure all pokemon held items won't have this kind of restriction. (life orb, lucky egg, soft sand, etc.)
Damage Calculator

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 09:18:39 PM »
Hmm, okay, that sounds promising. I guess items that are BoE are the consumables; potions, berries, pokeballs and such then.

I guess we'll just have to see, and that's not something on the list of priorities anyway!

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2014, 01:34:34 AM »
Indeed. Lotsnof other things take priority over this. Still though its something we will be thinking about in a future patch for the game.
Damage Calculator

Offline lubbies

• Normal Trainer
  • why is a torchic in water?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2014, 02:43:13 PM »
Ahh I see, thanks for the insight. Hmm, from that optic though, 'tossing' items in the traditional games always meant that you would not have it back. Come to think of it, I don't remember discussing about how items are to be handled in PU; whether they are lost when thrown away or just put on the ground and available to whoever comes around.

Just adding my opinion, would there be an inventory cap? If there is, this would increase the value of the PC storage system (Lets be serious no one put they're items in the PC) however, if there is no cap there really wouldn't be a need to drop items in the first place.

Additionally, I think items should be destroyed on drop (with a fair warning beforehand) or like a fairly new player could be picking up 99 ultra balls from a more seasoned player unknowingly. Trading should be the only way players should exchange items really.
Grafics Cat <3

'If a stranger offers you drugs, say thank you because drugs are expensive.' - a wise man

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2014, 03:46:12 PM »
The fact that there are currently no limit on the number of items you could carry in traditional game could have been why this was never brought up, although it's a feature that still exists (with the warning going along just like you would expect it).

I guess we could make the trading of items a little easier by allowing direct item trades; maybe something allowing items of equal amounts to be exchanged, in addition to be able to being bought from each other. Now, maybe there could also be a system in place to prevent the scenario you mentioned from occurring (exchanging 99 pokeballs for 99 ultraballs) by having the trade system also check the value of the items and making sure they are within appropriate value range; the barter could be about items of roughly the same value.