Official Forums > News & Announcements

Become a PU balance tester

(1/6) > >>

Roloc:
We previously had quite a few balance testers but sadly they have mostly all become inactive and have been removed. SO! I'm starting up a new competition to get new balance testers.

What is a Balance Tester?

The balance testers help the balancers by testing out the balanced pokemon and letting them know if something is balanced or unbalanced. A balance tester will have to type well thought out reasons on why they think a pokemon is balanced or unbalanced and discuss it in a separate part of the forums that normal members can't see. We need active balance testers, you don't have to work on it every day but some participation at least once a week is needed.

Okay so now on to the competition.

Balance Tester Competition!

I want you to choose from one of the new gen 6 mega pokemon and report on it. Any mega will do, but you can only do one that isn't being done already. Go into detail explaining why it is balanced or unbalanced. Then along side your analysis we want you to balance the same mega. Stat changes, move changes, ability changes, whatever you think the pokemon needs to become more on par with all other pokemon. But remember, megas are meant to be strong, they lose their ability to use an item in order to gain a temporary evolution.

analysis format:

Name: Pokemon (balanced or unbalanced)
Reason:

Balance format:

Name / Dex Number:
Old stats: 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 = 0
New stats: 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 = 0
Ability changes:
Move pool changes:
Reason:
Example set:

Megas are first come first serve. Post in this thread with the name of the mega you want to do to "claim" it. If the mega you wanted to do has already been claimed by someone then you will have to choose another.

When you are finished with your analysis and balance, you can post them here together in the same post. Keep this thread clean. No posting besides claiming a mega and posting your balance and analysis or any questions you may have. Do as best as oyu can on the balance and it just may be added into the game.

Miss Wednesday:
Mega Garchomp C:

Tickles:
Name: Mega Houndoom (unbalanced)
Reason: Mega Houndoom is one of the few megas that have a very good set up, but with Houndoom's balance for PU, he doesn't quite fit the into our balance well. After  testing this time and time again, he gains a small boost in his HP, where as other megas keep the same HP, Pre-Balance. Considering this, I am asking the following changes.

Name / Dex Number: Mega Houndoom #229
Old stats: 75 / 90 / 90 / 140 / 90 / 115 = 600
New stats: 70 / 100 / 90 / 140 / 90 / 115 = 605
Ability changes: None
Move pool changes: None
Reason: HP drop to match PU balance Houndoom, one detail that remains the same across all megas. Mega Houndoom is by far one of the more well rounded megas in the game, and having a high special attack combined with solar power makes it a devastating poke in the sun, but with the cost of HP. Without an item, it's not a problem, and he lacks recovery to really abuse this power.

As for the atk raise, since he will be losing HP a lot faster, I figured why not let him keep his PU balance atk. Though the mega form is made for the sun, it would be interesting to see physical doom with the increased speed and bulk.

Example set:

Solardoom (M) @ Houndoominite
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Solar Beam
- Sludge Bomb

The ultimate in sun abuse, his coverage hits the annoying fairy type with insane power. Get a flash fire boost from the previous form, then mega evolve for an intense flamethrower devastation. Watch your HP, as a good priority hit will mean death of a power house.

Desbear:
You know what? Not a balance tester anymore, but, I feel like I need to at least try and become one again and actually contribute this time.

So.

I guess I'll take the one I've had countless thoughts about, since I was scared it would get nerfed at one point, and looking back, it might have needed it.

So.

Mega Mawile.

Miss Wednesday:
Mega Garchomp / Dex Number: 445
Old stats: 108 /170 / 115 / 120/ 95/ 92= 700
New stats: 108 /170 / 115 / 120 / 90 / 92= 695
Ability changes: None
Move pool changes: None
Reason: Took 5 Sp. Def. away so it's easier to kill with a special attacker.
Example set:
Mega Garchomp (M) @ Garchompite
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dual Chop
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Poison Jab- For the fairies ;)

Name: Mega Garchomp (Unbalanced)
Reason: Megachomp, in my opinion was unbalanced because of the sheer
amount of base stats it has. It's able to take both physical and special hits with
its 108 HP bulk coupled with the 115 def. and 95 sp. def; Even stab special fairy
attacks don't put a big enough dent into this thing and with its coverage and
base 170 attack it can hit back and OHKO most fairy types with Poison Jab. I
think a slight nerf to the sp. def. will help make sure this monster has a
weakness that you can exploit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version