Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Reviving the Roleplay Corner

<< < (3/6) > >>

Roloc:
I don't RP, I used two when I was around 18, but that's long before PU.

Anyway, for the whole "Events take 2 days to 2 weeks" problem. Why don't y'all make up a schedule for the people partaking in the event and have them do it "live" on PO / skype / IRC and then save the log and post it in the RP thread it goes to. That would let them do the battle / event a lot faster and let the RP move on.

Just my 2 cents. Use it or leave it.

GrizzlyEatsKids:
That's what I'm thinking, but not everyone is available to do that. I think it should be done when possible, and with GM's permission, but if not, it'll have to be handled on the forums.

TrainerX:

--- Quote from: Roloc on April 01, 2014, 02:55:06 AM ---I don't RP, I used two when I was around 18, but that's long before PU.

Anyway, for the whole "Events take 2 days to 2 weeks" problem. Why don't y'all make up a schedule for the people partaking in the event and have them do it "live" on PO / skype / IRC and then save the log and post it in the RP thread it goes to. That would let them do the battle / event a lot faster and let the RP move on.

Just my 2 cents. Use it or leave it.

--- End quote ---
I think that's been attempted before, and we've even had people try to do live RPs on IRC, but it just doesn't seem to work. Maybe if you had enough dedicated people. It wouldn't work for all RPs though, as it largely depends on the style of the RP and the players. Some people like to come up with shorter posts on the spot, and some people like to make long posts that flow really well and are really detailed, which can take 1 - 3 days (or longer) depending on how ambitious and skilled the writer is.

I'll probably read over the rest of this stuff tomorrow so I'll have an easier time thinking and comprehending, but there are a few things I'll mention now.

The thing with the "The GM's Rule is Law" rule, is that you have to depend on the mods of the RP forum to watch and step in if things get out of hand, or to investigate if they're getting complaints. Right now, the only active mod of the RP section is Jerry, and he's busy, so he can't handle it all himself. I think we need to de-mod the inactive mods, and then find some people who are willing and capable of moderating the RP section. If we have enough mods, that should eliminate any of the issues you guys mentioned.

I'm still not entirely sure about the verification thing, but if it's just a 400 word story I guess it couldn't hurt.

Roloc:

--- Quote from: VisceralToast on April 01, 2014, 06:18:23 AM ---I think that's been attempted before, and we've even had people try to do live RPs on IRC, but it just doesn't seem to work.

--- End quote ---

I have never seen what I said attempted, and thats coming from someone who was logged in on IRC and PO 24/7. Though I did see the live RP come and go 2 or 3 times.
Though what I was suggesting isn't a full live RP only the battle / event. So it can get done and move on with the RP since that seems to be a big problem with people.
No one wants to wait 2+ days for a battle to end so they can continue, much less 2 weeks.

A simple time frame for the individuals that are participating in the event / battle to meet on PO / IRC / skype should suffice.

Yume Tsuki:
Live RP only works when people come online at the same time, every time. Then we have the problem with timezones. IF people from diffrent zones want to join. Before I joined actual RP, I had a lot of Live RP's on a chat service. But that chat was just for dutch people, so there was no time zone problem, and it was very consecutive by always starting at the same time.

An RP Forum I was once part of had a quite strict system about activity for RP.

All characters would be put in a certain order. Taking turns posting based on the order in the list.

You had one week to post your piece of story.

You are allowed to skip, this you did by simply posting "Skip" in the thread you're RPing.

Two days before the week ends you will be warned.

If you failed to post within that week, your character would be executed by a harbringer, and removed it with your entire character slot.

If your character has been executed twice by a harbringer within a year you'll be temporarily banned from the forums.

You could use the "safe house" to skip without having to request a skip however, your time in the safe house is limited. Safe house is mainly meant for vacation or personal trouble.

As beginner you start off with 3 character slots all of them for 'normal' pokemon.

Points can be spent to buy a Character Ticket, Mutation Ticket, Shiny Ticket, or an Infected Ticket, aside from that It can also be spent in the "Market street" where people will make art for your character for points.

Points could be gained by simply going along with the RP. After a certain amount of posts (Skips don't count) you gained points. And by opening a shop on the market streets, you could gain points by making art for people.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version