Creative Discussions > Art Work

Ponge's first tattoo design

(1/3) > >>

zylonnick:
For my first tattoo, I wanted to turn this wolf in a tribal version:

So I started drawing at an awefully slow pace (bad drawing skills and little to no time). This is what I had after 4 months:

After 5 months:

All good so far :)

After 9 months:

I wasn't too happy with this last one  :-\ the 3th leg and body were too thick, and his back was't fine either. It was still missing a tail too.

After 11 months:

Still missing a tail and the back will become a bit higher. The hind leg will also have it's hip higher.

Version 5 (11 months):

Today was a good day :) I had a couple of hours to work on my tattoo, so I edited the hind leg and the back, and also gave my wolf a tail. The back still isn't 100% up to my taste, but it's getting there. I'm feeling great about the amount of work I accomplished.

Version 6:

Almost finished (kept the parts that I liked and copoed them on a new sheet). Some slight fixes, but I'm still unsure about the last part of it's back.

Version 7:

Jerry:
That's pretty cool I think! Looks a bit like Amaterasu and lol, the Fairy Tail symbol.

I'm not sure how to help... It really looks fine to me. With the addition of the last leg and tail, I think it would be ready for inking all right.

zylonnick:

--- Quote from: Jerry on April 04, 2014, 11:04:51 PM ---That's pretty cool I think! Looks a bit like Amaterasu and lol, the Fairy Tail symbol.

I'm not sure how to help... It really looks fine to me. With the addition of the last leg and tail, I think it would be ready for inking all right.

--- End quote ---

Amaterasu wasn't intended, but the fairy tail logo was put there as a little extra, blended in with the rest. You figured that out pretty fast though :p

Mr_Dark:
Where do you want to place this tattoo?

zylonnick:
I'm thinking of placing it on my back/shoulderblade. As a teacher-in-training I can't have visual tattoos at work so my lower arm was out of the question.

Edit: I don't intend to make a 4th leg, since it will be hidden behind the one in the front. I did make some progress with the back of the wolf, so I'll update that in a couple of hours.
The tail isn't working out though, so it isn't there yet.
Also, don't mind the paper. When it's fully done I intend to trace it on a new sheet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version