* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Quest: The Wrong Starter  (Read 5281 times)

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
Quest: The Wrong Starter
« on: February 17, 2014, 06:48:41 pm »
This is a quest written by fuzzy's girlfriend. They posted it in motivation thread, so I moved it here. Let her know what you guys think.

Story of the quest:
Chariza is a sad girl who’s mother is sick. Someone told her that there is a shrine with good luck fortunes. Unfortunately the shrine is placed on the other side of a canyon and she cannot cross it. She hoped to get a Charmender that would one day become a Charizard so she could fly over the canyon, but she got a Bulbasaur.
In the same town, you meet a Bulbasaur. He’s quite sad. You ask him to join you for a bit. He nods and seems a bit happier. He starts following you, but does not join your party.
When you near the canyon and talk with the Bulbasaur, he says “Bulba.. Bulbasaur.” and shoots out his vines so you can cross the canyon. On the other side is a plateau with a small patch of grass (and a rare Pokemon) and a good luck shrine where you can get a good luck charm. When you go back to the other side of the canyon and talk to the Bulbasaur, he pulls his vines back and says “Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur!!” He takes the good luck charm from you and starts following you again.
When you go to the house of Chariza, the door opens and Bulbasaur walks to Chariza. You follow him. Bulbasaur says “Bulba! Bulbasaur!” and gives Chariza the good luck charm. Chariza becomes happy once more and thanks Bulbasaur. She asks if he wants to join her again. Bulbasaur nods and walks so that he stands beside Chariza. Chariza gives you ‘Chariza’s Rope’ as thanks. Her mother didn’t want her to do dangerous things anyways.

Quest in more detail:
* Character: Lonely Bulbasaur
(Sprite of Bulbasaur, in the same town as the girl Chariza)
“Bulba, bulba… bulbasaur...”
It sounds really sad. You feel bad for the Bulbasaur and asks if he wants to join you for a bit. He nods and looks a bit happier. He starts following you, but does not join your party. (Sprite of in-game Bulbasaur that follows you)
* (interaction event.)
Standard speech when you interact with the Bulbasaur:
“Bulba.. Bulbaa...” It still sounds quite sad.
* (interaction event)

* Character: Chariza
(It’s a girl, sitting in some house. She’s a bit sad.)
--- When Bulbasaur is not with you: (House opens and  you see a sad girl.)
“Why did I get a Bulbasaur? Now I will never be able to cross the canyon. I really wanted the good luck charm that should be there. My mother is sick, and someone told me that she would feel better if I gave her a good luck charm. If only I had a Charmender. Then one day, he would become a Charizard and would be able to fly over the canyon.”
* (interaction event)
--- When Bulbasaur is with you: (House doesn’t open.)
Bulbasaur jumps in front of the door and starts to cry. It seems like he doesn’t want to go in. You should go somewhere else.
* (interaction event)
--- When Bulbasaur is with you and you have good luck charm: (House opens and you see a sad girl.)
When the house opens, Bulbasaur walks to the girl and the player follows Bulbasaur.
When Bulbasaur stands next to the girl, he says “Bulba! Bulbasaur!” and gives Chariza the good luck charm. (Chariza’s sprite changes to a happy girl.)
Item: -1 Good Luck Charm
Chariza: “Bulbasaur, did you get that for me?”
Bulbasaur: “Bulbasaur!”
Chariza: “Thanks so much!! I miss you Bulbasaur, would you like to become my Pokemon again?”
Bulbasaur: “Bulbasaur Bulbasaur!!!”
Bulbasaur stops following the player and walks, so that he stands beside Chariza.
Chariza: And thanks, ‘Player’s Name’.
I hope that this rope will help you in your adventures. My mother doesn’t want me to do dangerous things anyways.
Item: + 1 Chariza’s Rope (key item)
You’ve obtained Chariza’s Rope. (Chariza’s rope is an item that forms a rope line with which you can cross the canyon again, unlimited uses.)
* (parallel event)

* Characters Bulbasaur and Chariza after event:
Chariza: “I really like my Bulbasaur. I’m happy that he’s back!”
Bulbasaur: “Bulbasaur.”
(interaction event)

* Environment: canyon
(Sprite of canyon/ huge crack in de floor which you cannot pass normally.)
--- When Bulbasaur is not with you and you’re beside the canyon’s edge (1 step away from the edge, so that the following Bulbasaur does not fall in the canyon):
“This is dangerous. I should go back.” (Sprite where player turns around and does 1 step away from the canyon)
* (parallel event.)
--- When Bulbasaur is with you and you’re beside the canyon’s edge (1 step away from the edge, so that the following Bulbasaur does not fall in the canyon):
“This is dangerous. I should go back.” (Sprite where player turns around and does 1 step away from the canyon; parallel event.)
--- When Bulbasaur is with you and you’re nearing the canyon’s edge (2 steps away from the edge):
Interact with Bulbasaur:
“Bulba.. Bulbasaur.” Bulbasaur cheers up a little bit and walks to the edge of the canyon. He ‘shoots’ his vines to the other side of the canyon. The player is now able to walk acros Bulbasaur’s vines to cross the canyon. (Sprite of 2 vines of Bulbasaur, over which the player can walk.)
* (interaction event)
--- When Bulbasaur is holding the bridge, you’re beside Bulbasaur and carrying the good luck charm:
Interact with Bulbasaur:
Bulbasaur pull his vines back.
He says: “Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur!!” and takes the good luck charm from you.
He starts following you again.
* (interaction event)

* Environment: other side of canyon
Small plateau with a path of grass and a shrine with good luck fortunes and a patch of grass where there is a rare Pokemon.
(Possibility of combining this with other quests and putting a cave on the plateau, for example.)
When you interact with the shrine:
‘You’ve obtained a Good Luck Charm.’
Item: +1 Good Luck Charm

* Possibilities/ possible changes after the quest (canyon):
Chariza’s Rope becomes a rope from one side of the canyon to the other, so that you can walk over it to cross the canyon.

Other possibilities:
A bridge could be made, so that everyone is able to go to the shrine more easily.
Other Pokemon with the attack ‘Vine Whip’ or some sort of vines could also make a ‘vine bridge’.
Flying Pokemon will also get you past the canyon.

*  Possibilities/ possible changes after the quest (plateau):
Combining the plateau with other quests.
Putting a cave on the plateau.
Chariza comes to the shrine every Saturday. Chariza:  “My mother is feeling better. This will make your Pokemon feel better!” Item: +1 Potion.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Triloog

• Beginning Trainer
  • I'M NEW! BE NICE!
    • View Profile
    • My deviant art page. Work in progress. :P
Re: Quest: The Wrong Starter
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 12:13:55 pm »
It's me, fuzzy's girlfriend. :)

I have been working a bit on some tilesets for this quest. I posted some bulbasaur vines on deviantart, but noticed that the tiles you are using are 32x32 instead of the 15x15 I thought it would be. Below is the 32x32 version.

I've barely done anything when it comes to pixel art, so I'd really like some (constructive) feedback. :)

*Edit: somewhere else, I've read that the tiles you are using are 48x48... Could you tell me what kind of tiles (length and width) are used for what?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 11:01:46 pm by Triloog »
Please don't copy paste my avatar. I've made it myself. :)