* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Pokedex Entry] Slakoth  (Read 3120 times)

Offline rajlev

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
[Pokedex Entry] Slakoth
« on: April 14, 2014, 12:21:40 AM »
Pokémon #287, Slakot, Normal Type, Slaker Pokémon

Intro: Slakoth is quadruped sloth-like Pokémon. It has a thick, light brown fur color with dark brown stripes on its back. It has a tuft on the top of his head and a pink pig-like nose. It has long arms that feature two very sharp claws. The center of his abdomen and other parts of your body, such as its paw pads, are pink, which suggests that the color of her skin under his fur is pink.
Slakot is barely ever seen moving and only gets up to eat. It spends all day lazing around or sleeping. It's it sleeps more than 20 hours a day. Since it does not move very much, it does not need much food.

Habitat: This pokemon lives in the treetops. Despite its unchanging home, sometimes it can swim long distances, but always returns home afterwards.

Diet: This Pokémon's sole daily meal consists of just three leaves. It doesnt needs to look for water because the leaves of which it feeds have supply sufficient water for it. It also likes to eat berries, but it´s digestion is very slow. At best it can only eat 2 berries a day.

Biology: Because of its laziness, this Pokémon isn't very active. The only time it uses his energy is when it has to swim or when it's captured and trained by someone. Its heart only beats once every minute.  Even when Slakoth is caught by a trainer and trained, its laziness has resulted in the ability Truant, which only allows it to move once every two turns. This makes Slakoth quite a difficult pokemon to train and fight with.
Because of this, Slakoth is a very peaceful Pokémon, and is rarely seen fighting. However, when its habitat or food is affected, it can react violently. When forced, Slakoth will rally themselves and chase out any pokemon threatening their natural habitat. Afterwards, they will fall asleep due to exhaustion.
Slakoth can recover the energy lost through the use of its signature move Slack Off. His other signature move, Yawn, makes opponents drowsy and puts them to sleep. Even without using this move, its laziness makes others also feel like lying down and doing nothing.
Pokémon League Comite

Pokemon League Commission notes:
Slakoth is considered Class D, no specific guidelines or restrictions are implemented towards the capture or trade of this Pokémon.

(Note: if there is a spelling error please say, also, i will really like to make the two evo's of this pokemon :D, first edit done! thanks fuzzy)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 08:50:11 PM by rajlev »

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: [Pokedex Entry] Slakoth
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 10:16:09 PM »
Pokémon #287, Slakot, Normal Type, Slaker Pokémon

Intro: Slakoth is a brown, quadruped Pokémon with sloth-like qualities. It has coarse, shaggy fur with dark brown stripes on its back. It has a scruff of fur on the top of its head and a large, pig-like pink nose. Its pink eyelids are visible when it has a sleepy expression. Its underbelly, rear, and the paw pads on its back feet are also pink. It has long arms with two sharp claws.
Slakot is a sleepyhead and only gets up to eat. It spends all day being lazy or sleeping, it's said that it sleeps more than 20 hours a day. Since it does not move very much, it does not need much food.
Habitat: This Pokémon lives in forest, Its nest does not change during its entire life, but can travel far by swimming in rivers.
Diet: This Pokémon's sole daily meal consists of just three leaves. It doesnt needs to look for water because the leaves of which it feeds hace sufficient water supplies. It also like to eat berries, but it´s digestion is very slow at best can only eat 2 a day.
Biology: Because of its laziness, this Pokémon isn't verry active, the only time it uses his energy is when it has to swim or when it's captured and trained by someone. Because of this, Slakoth is a very peaceful Pokémon, and is rarely seen fighting, however, when it's habitat or food is affected, it can react violently.
Slakoth can recover the energy lost through the use of movement, slack off. Also, because of it's truant, it can only attack once every 2 turns, making slakoth a really hard to train Pokémon.
Pokémon League Comite
Slakoth is considered Class D, no specific guidelines or restrictions are implemented towards the capture or trade of this Pokémon.

(Note: if there is a spelling error please say, also, i will really like to make the two evo's of this pokemon :D )

Hi Rajlev, I'm glad to see that you made a new entry!  ;D I took a quick look at this entry, and I immediately noticed that you pretty much copied the Bulbapedia entry literally. That's not okay. Please change the parts that I put in bold. Try to use your own words to describe what you see. Don't worry if your description is longer or worse than the Bulbapedia one, we'd rather have original work here than a Bulbapedia clone. The Pokemon Universe Pokedex is supposes to be a work made by people in this community, not the Bulbapedia community.

There are some spelling errors, I will check these later. First I would like you to try and improve this. Put some empty lines between parts, and make the biology a bit longer. The parts that I liked are in Italics.

Like before, I will help you with the final clean-up of this part, but first I want to have as much of your own input as possible  ;)

Offline rajlev

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 10:24:06 PM »
thanks fuzzy i will do it rigth now...

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 06:00:49 PM »
Great job, looks a lot better  :D I'll correct the grammar and spelling and make the sentences correct, and then we've got ourselves another entry :D

Intro: Slakoth is quadruped sloth-like Pokémon. It has a thick, light brown fur color with dark brown stripes on its back. It has a tuft on the top of his head and a pink pig-like nose. It has long arms that feature two very sharp claws. The center of his abdomen and other parts of your body, such as its paw pads, are pink, which suggests that the color of her skin under his fur is pink.
Slakot is barely ever seen moving and only gets up to eat. It spends all day lazing around or sleeping. It's it sleeps more than 20 hours a day. Since it does not move very much, it does not need much food.

Habitat: This pokemon lives in the treetops. Despite its unchanging home, sometimes it can swim long distances, but always returns home afterwards.

Diet: This Pokémon's sole daily meal consists of just three leaves. It doesnt needs to look for water because the leaves of which it feeds have supply sufficient water for it. It also likes to eat berries, but it´s digestion is very slow. At best it can only eat 2 berries a day.

Biology: Because of its laziness, this Pokémon isn't very active. The only time it uses his energy is when it has to swim or when it's captured and trained by someone. Its heart only beats once every minute.  Even when Slakoth is caught by a trainer and trained, its laziness has resulted in the ability Truant, which only allows it to move once every two turns. This makes Slakoth quite a difficult pokemon to train and fight with.
Because of this, Slakoth is a very peaceful Pokémon, and is rarely seen fighting. However, when its habitat or food is affected, it can react violently. When forced, Slakoth will rally themselves and chase out any pokemon threatening their natural habitat. Afterwards, they will fall asleep due to exhaustion.
Slakoth can recover the energy lost through the use of its signature move Slack Off. His other signature move, Yawn, makes opponents drowsy and puts them to sleep. Even without using this move, its laziness makes others also feel like lying down and doing nothing.
Pokémon League Comite

Pokemon League Commission notes:

I did not have to change a lot to finish it, Great job Rajlev!