* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!  (Read 93408 times)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2014, 06:00:41 pm »
Probably will, at least I hope so. It was a nice change of pace, that trick house was.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline TerryE

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2014, 04:42:33 pm »
It was great to get a break from the grind, and if I remember correctly he gave rare candies as a prize.
Quality is ALWAYS better than quantity. ALWAYS

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2014, 07:02:22 pm »
God, I got mad at the route where the trickhouse was placed. The pokénav kept getting rematch requests in that area. Great for grinding. But sir, it was just too much. ;w;

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline TerryE

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2014, 07:31:23 pm »
One of the best parts of Ruby and Sapphire were the puzzles to get to the gym leader. The 8th gym leader was memorable because of the ice floor panels that could only be stepped on once. But the 7th gym leader was a pain in the anus with the spin floor panels.

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2014, 07:33:35 pm »
First time I played Ruby/Saphire I had more trouble with the eighth gym leader's puzzle than the seventh, but eh, I dunno. Knowing myself, it was probably dumb luck.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline BlazingNinetails

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2014, 08:05:43 pm »
i played emerald i've got stuck on the first gym.
PokeDex Info:
Type:Fire/Dark
Fox Pokemon
Likes chewing on fire stones and has split tails like Vulpix and can uses it's ability like Zoroark to change into people.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2014, 08:18:33 pm »
Well, warp panels have been in gyms since gen 1. :P They just didn't show up in gyms for gen 2, 4 and 5 (if they did, the puzzle didn't consist of warp panels).

And there's no puzzle for the first gym...  ::) The second gym might need some grinding, but after that it's rather a smooth ride in Hoenn.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline TerryE

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2014, 05:17:46 pm »
Man, back in the gen III days, when it wasn't a competition of stats ( I was in like fourth grade and EV/IV training wasn't as NEARLY as widespread as it is now), all it took was faith to win for me. It was kinda like "The heart of the cards" in Yu-Gi-Oh. I just trained my pokemon by battling and leveling them up, and just using type advantages/disadvantages. Me finding and catching Rayquaza was pure luck then.

Nowadays, EV training is as easy as playing a simple mini-game and choosing where you want the points to go. When I see my friends, it always becomes a battle of stats and meta-game knowledge, instead of just battling in ignorance of stats and whoever won was  (a majority of the time) the guy with the highest leveled pokemon.

Not saying that I LIKE battling in ignorance of stats and whatnot, but now when people look at my pokemon its not like "Wow, nice legendary" or "Where did you find that?". It's more like "Wow nice stats." or "He must be cheating, that Garchomp's speed is over 512!". What i'm saying is that people freaking obsess over stats and forget to just admire the pokemon for what it is, like most people did in the days of Gen III.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2014, 07:58:18 pm »
It can still be like even in gen 6. I never ev train when playing through the storyline. I simply catch and use whatever Pokemon I want because all Pokemon do good in storyline. I used buizel in my last play through of X.

Also having the highest BST doesn't always mean you will win, there are lots of Pokemon with low BST but have great movepools or a great ability like talonflame. It has crap stats except for speed but that single ability has made it one of the most used Pokemon out there. Hell let's not forget that pachirisu was on the winning team in worlds.

Don't get me wrong though, I know what you mean.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline BlazingNinetails

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2014, 08:41:43 pm »
I always liked my pokemon the way they were i didn't really start Ev till like when  X and Y were about to be announced I think.
I'll just adjust my moves and raise lvls and that was it most of the time.
PokeDex Info:
Fox Pokemon
Likes chewing on fire stones and has split tails like Vulpix and can uses it's ability like Zoroark to change into people.

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2014, 12:09:00 am »
I tried EV'ing once in gen 4, but I lost hope after I trained my first pokémon. :/

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2014, 10:41:24 am »
I did moderate EV training in XY since there was the super training regimen introduced. Kind of like spread some EVs along with battling trainers/wild Pokemon and I ended up with ~200 EV in the stat I believed was better for such and such Pokemon and some 50~100 in the others maybe.

Never did EV training before that with my story Pokemon. I first started EV training in Gen IV and maxed out a couple of Pokemon, but then by the time I had a few, Black/White was out and didn't touch Gen IV that much since, if not for some trades and battles with a few friends :-[

Offline BlazingNinetails

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2014, 08:22:16 pm »
I might do the same when i get x or y. Maybe just Ev train till they can't get anymore. Depends on what pokemon I get Fennekin and squirtle are getting Ev trained is all i have planned.
PokeDex Info:
Fox Pokemon

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2014, 04:22:29 pm »
.The first images for this month have started to appear. In this image, from the magazine Weekly Shonen Sunday, it confirms that, in next month's issue of CoroCoro, due out on October 15th, a special serial code will be given. This Serial Code offers you a trial version of Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire which appears to have you pick between Grovyle, Combusken & Marshtomp and ends with the obtaining of a Mega Evolution. We'll bring more on this as it comes
Edit @ 09:33: Mega Gallade revealed
Edit @ 09:39: Mega Sharpedo & Mega Camerupt have also been confirmed. Mega Sharpedo has the ability Strong Jaw while Mega Camerupt has Sheer Force
Edit @ 09:46: Primal Kyogre has a new ability called Sea of Beginnings and Primal Groudon has a new ability called Land of Endings. They activate what is called Strong Rain and Strong Sunlight respectively. It is not known how different this is to normal. Primal Groudon's new move is called Cliff's Blade
Edit @ 09:49: Mega Camerupts Speed is decreased, but every other stat is increased while all of Sharpedo's stats get an increase
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline BlazingNinetails

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2014, 08:18:18 pm »
I've seen those. But I only used Gallade before. So i only know he will be way better than before.
PokeDex Info:
Fox Pokemon