* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Pokedex Entry] Heracross  (Read 6526 times)

Offline Tom the Bomb

• Beginning Trainer
  • I'M NEW! BE NICE!
    • View Profile
[Pokedex Entry] Heracross
« on: May 09, 2014, 04:46:50 PM »
Pokemon #214, Heracross, Bug/Fighting Type, Single Horn Pokemon.

Intro : Heracross is a bipedal beetle-like pokemon that is cover in a blue exo-skeleton. It has large oval-shaped yellow eyes. It has a long pronged horn with a cross on the top on its forehead. On either side of the base of the horn, it has an antenna with a circular tip. Heracross is a well armored pokemon as it has two sharp spikes on either forearm and a single spike on either leg. It has two sharp claws on its hands and one on its feet. It also has wings for flight at reasonably high speeds.

Habitat : Heracross can be found in forests or anywhere trees can be found.

Diet : Its favourite food is tree sap but happily settles for honey. It can be found hanging from trees sucking sap from holes it makes in the bark with its horn or claws. When it finishes its meal, it leaves the hole in the tree open for smaller, weaker pokemon to feed.

Biology : Heracross is a very docile pokemon. It normally spends its time looking for tree sap and fighting off competition for it. It often gets attacked by swarms of Beedrill that live in the trees, but due to its immense strength and combat abilities, it normally fights off the competition. It is said that Heracross can lift 100 times its own weight with its horn. This isn't surprising as it is more then capable of hurling enemies into the air if it gets its horn under the opponent. Its claws are used for burrowing under trees and grappling the bark for climbing up through the branches of trees.
   Heracross can mega-evolve into Mega Heracross through the use of heracronite. Mega Heracross is bulkier then his previous form. It has grown a long nose curving upwards and its horn has become bigger. It no longer has wings and its back is completely yellow. Its antennae have grown longer also and its forearms have lost their spikes.Mega-Heracross has several significant changes, mostly improvements, over its regular form. Its primary improvement is its enormous increase in attack power. Mega-Heracross' attack is easily amongst the highest in all the pokemon kingdom. Additionally, Mega-Heracross' ability has changed to Skill Link, which allows it to use powerful moves such as Rock Blast, and to a lesser extent Pin Missle, optimally. After Mega-evolution, Heracross has sacrificed a little speed in order to gain a tremendous amount of power.

Pokemon League Commission notes : Class D. There are many Heracross in the wild but it is very unlikely to find them as they are normally after climbing high trees and settling there to feed on sap or honey. Trainers may find it hard to catch also because it can KO trained pokemon easily, therefore there are no restrictions for catching this pokemon.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 10:53:41 PM by Tom the Bomb »

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
Re: [Pokedex Entry] Heracross
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 06:02:20 AM »
Awesome job. Heracross is one of the many Pokemon I really love.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Tom the Bomb

• Beginning Trainer
  • I'M NEW! BE NICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 12:18:27 PM »
Yea, definitely one of my favourite also :)

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 12:27:53 PM »
I saw this entry and I seriously though I'd already did this pokemon, but it was just Pinsir :p

Apart from some minor spelling mistakes, I'd say this entry is pretty good. I do think your biology section is a bit short. Maybe you can take a look at my Pinsir section, I'm quite sure there's a bit more to say about Heracross than this. Especially since the Mega-Heracross part is just a description and doesn't actually say anything about the pokemon's powers.
I do like the things you wrote though.

Offline Tom the Bomb

• Beginning Trainer
  • I'M NEW! BE NICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 01:49:29 PM »
My knowledge of Mega Heracross isnt great, feel free to add to it :)

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 05:58:32 PM »
Mega-Heracross has several significant changes, mostly improvements, over its regular form. Its primary improvement is its enormous increase in attack power. Mega-Heracross' attack is easily amongst the highest in all the pokemon kingdom. Additionally, Mega-Heracross' ability has changed to Skill Link, which allows it to use powerful moves such as Rock Blast, and to a lesser extent Pin Missle, optimally. After Mega-evolution, Heracross has sacrificed a little speed in order to gain a tremendous amount of power.

You can go ahead and copy-paste that if you want to :)

Offline Tom the Bomb

• Beginning Trainer
  • I'M NEW! BE NICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 10:54:16 PM »
Done. Looks much better now, thanks :)

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 07:45:35 PM »
happy to help. I'd say this entry is good enough for the dex :)