* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: X/Y game play changes and PU Pokemon  (Read 34905 times)

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
Re: X/Y game play changes and PU Pokemon
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2014, 03:01:41 am »
Yeah, not enough people were discussing it back then so I didn't implement anything to rock slide. Hopefully this time around it will get some good well thought out disccusion.

Farfetch'd used to have a 50% chance to crit with night slash, slash, leaf blade, etc , now it has a 100% chance with everything, even brave bird and quick attack.

Generation VI

A critical hit now multiplies damage by only 1.5 rather than 2. The Sniper Ability still multiplies damage from a critical hit by 1.5, resulting in 2.25 times the usual damage. In addition, the probabilities for each critical hit stage have been modified, greatly increasing the likelihood of a critical hit for stages +2 and above:
Stage    Chance of critical hit
+0    1/16 (6.25%)
+1    1/8 (12.5%)
+2    1/2 (50%)
+3 and above    Always (100%)

Thats the new crit system except that in PU it will be 0% on PU for stage 0. The rest stay as it. And yes, we will be using the gen 6 system.

Crits arent as powerful as they were before(used to be double damage, now it's 1.5x damage) so Farfetch'd may need a small attack increase. Miss Wednesday and I tested it earlier and it didnt do that great.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Flynt

• Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2014, 04:45:45 am »
air slash and rock slide both should have 100% accuracy.

Offline Ursaring

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2014, 06:49:01 pm »
I am going to second air slash and rock slide going 100% accuracy.

Moves like aqua tail,blaze kick,and heat wave are totally fine though. Heat wave is more accurate than fire blast with less power but is less accurate than flame thrower but has more power. I think that is the perfect balance for a moves like this.

While we are on this I want to talk about a few others.

Drill run- This is weaker than EQ by 20 Bp but is not perfectly accurate for what ever reason.

Night daze- Zoroark's signature move that already has the draw back of revealing him to be Zoroark without a doubt. Its first draw back is already pretty huge no need for it to have two.

Pin missile- Same as bullet seed in every way except it has 95 accuracy.

Tail slap- Cinccino's signature move that happens to be as accurate as fire blast for what ever reason. Not saying this one needs to have perfect accuracy ,but 85 is pretty dumb.

What do y'all think about those? Not every move needs to be perfectly accurate ,but some of these make no sense!

In X/Y the gems had their strength reduced to 30%. In japan the standard method of play is doubles. In doubles gems and berries are much more popular. This nerf had everything to do with doubles ,and in my opinion is not needed for PU.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2014, 08:42:03 pm »
I am going to second air slash and rock slide going 100% accuracy.

Moves like aqua tail,blaze kick,and heat wave are totally fine though. Heat wave is more accurate than fire blast with less power but is less accurate than flame thrower but has more power. I think that is the perfect balance for a moves like this.

Moves like aqua tail, blaze kick, etc, will stay as they are. There are more accurate options to choose from if you desire more accurate moves. air slash and rock slide however, do not have more accurate options, they are the only options besides more powerful and even less accurate moves (hurricane and stone edge)

While we are on this I want to talk about a few others.

Drill run- This is weaker than EQ by 20 Bp but is not perfectly accurate for what ever reason.

Just use EQ, if EQ is not available for the poke, oh well.

Night daze- Zoroark's signature move that already has the draw back of revealing him to be Zoroark without a doubt. Its first draw back is already pretty huge no need for it to have two.

I see no need to change night daze, use dark pulse if you want better accuracy.

Pin missile- Same as bullet seed in every way except it has 95 accuracy.

This may be changed, may not. I don't see it as a top priority as it never gets used.

Tail slap- Cinccino's signature move that happens to be as accurate as fire blast for what ever reason. Not saying this one needs to have perfect accuracy ,but 85 is pretty dumb.

I don't really see this being changed. Cinccino is really good as is. It has awesome coverage(arm thrust, rock blast, etc) and speed.

What do y'all think about those? Not every move needs to be perfectly accurate ,but some of these make no sense!

In X/Y the gems had their strength reduced to 30%. In japan the standard method of play is doubles. In doubles gems and berries are much more popular. This nerf had everything to do with doubles ,and in my opinion is not needed for PU.

Gems will be 50% in PU.

See red text in above quote.

RolocEDIT:

Don't die down now. We were just getting some stuff done. xD
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 05:15:08 am by Roloc »
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2014, 12:32:29 am »
Since no one has posted in quite a long time, at least, for our standards, I am going to pose a new question/Topic.

What are we going to do for the remaining Mega's?

Such as Scizor, Pinsir, Gardevoir, Aggron, Charizard X, and the rest?

We could discuss those here, give everyone a say and whatnot.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Ursaring

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2014, 02:48:56 am »
Glad you asked that GBA! I have been looking at the megas a lot recently ,so I should have some useful input here.

Aggron- This mega is really cool, I ran rest,metal burst,heavy slam, and EQ on mine. The only thing that really got me about this one was his weight, for something 7 feet tall made of pure iron he is only 870 lbs. I was not using him for long ,but he performed well for me.

Absol- This mega is pretty terrible. His stats are not a very large jump in the PU balance ,and his defenses get dropped by 10 each. With life orb normal absol out-damages the mega by a fair margin. Normal absol can use a razor claw to achieve 100% crit chance with many of its moves ,something that is impossible with mega absol. Mega absol also gains one of the strongest abilities in magic bounce ,but it is unable to switch in on things like entry hazards going up due to the need to mega evolve before it has the ability. While blocking status after you have mega evolved is cool it really is not worth it.

Mega amph- I think tail glow might need looking at ,but this mega is very solid and normally not to hard to deal with in my experience.

Mega manetric- I think this mega is balanced. He has 135 sp.att which is not to hard to deal with.

Mega medicham- Another one I feel is balanced. He is very vulnerable to status ,and can get revenge killed by things that are not weak to bullet punch. 

Mega venusaur- I think this one is a bit over powered. He hits pretty hard and only has 2 true weaknesses (psychic and flying due to him having thick fat). He can be very hard to deal with ,and not that many pokes can counter him. This is just my opinion though ,unlike mega absol I have not looked at this one on the damage calculator very much though.

Mega alakazam- Not that much stronger than normal alakazam. Normal alakazam has magic guard which is almost always going to be better. The mega is very fast though ,but normal alakazam does the same amount of damage as it. Normal alakazam does not take damage from life orb so 135x1.3(30% life orb boost) is 175 which happens to be how high mega zam's sp.att is. Mega zam does out speed just about everything though which is pretty huge. Not a terrible mega ,when I used it he just did not much better than normal zam.

Might talk about more of them later.

Feel free to contradict me on any of these I do not mind.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2014, 04:49:16 am »
I can tell you right now

Mega Gengar - Will be nerfed
Mega Kang - Will be nerfed
Mega Absol - Will be buffed
Mega Gyarados - Will learn crunch - seriously what the eff was gamefreak thinking.

Mega amph- I think tail glow might need looking at ,but this mega is very solid and normally not to hard to deal with in my experience.

Whats wrong with tail glow?

Damage Calculator

Offline Ursaring

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2014, 01:26:43 pm »
I can tell you right now

Mega Gengar - Will be nerfed
Mega Kang - Will be nerfed
Mega Absol - Will be buffed
Mega Gyarados - Will learn crunch - seriously what the eff was gamefreak thinking.

Whats wrong with tail glow?

I am glad you want to give gyrados crunch. It has a huge mouth and is like the only pokemon with bite but not crunch. Blew my mind they gave him dark type but no crunch.

To those that do not visit the balance server there is talk about nerfing parental bond to 5% which lets it trigger on hit effects twice ,and break sash without giving her almost 190 attack.

Edit: I am not saying tail glow needs to go ,but such high special attack with a +3 special attack boost is very powerful. I was just trying to get across that I think the mega is fairly balanced but a close eye needs to be kept on tail glow.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 10:36:47 pm by Ursaring »

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2014, 12:52:34 am »
I've used mega amph a fair amount. With one tail glow his spa is ridiculous, around 1057 or so, but it is not very fast. He isn't all that bulky, he won't melt under SE attacks, but he can't tank them. I've caught a few people by surprise, but never really swept with him.

Daylin: 35/100

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2014, 04:43:41 am »
yeah mega amph is no real threat even with tail glow. Ive used it often and best I've done is 2 KOs before it being KOed.
Damage Calculator

Offline Flynt

• Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2014, 05:10:06 am »
Since no one has posted in quite a long time, at least, for our standards, I am going to pose a new question/Topic.

What are we going to do for the remaining Mega's?

Such as Scizor, Pinsir, Gardevoir, Aggron, Charizard X, and the rest?

We could discuss those here, give everyone a say and whatnot.
Lets choose 2-3 megas at a time and discuss them.
to get started lets talk about charizard x and scizor.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 04:34:42 pm by Flynt »

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2014, 06:19:20 am »
Venusaur
Charizard X
Charizard y
Blastoise
Alakazam
Gengar
Kangaskhan
Gardivoir
Pinsir
Gyarados
Aerodactyl
Ampharos
Scizor
Tyranitar
Blaziken
Aggron
Medicham
Manectric
Banette
Absol
Lucario
Mawile
Heracross
Abomasnow
Houndoom
Garchomp

These are the megas that are left to be looked at. I know I have already told you the mega gengar and kang will be nerfed, but I would still like to hear your thoughts on them. Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 02:44:08 pm by Roloc »
Damage Calculator

Offline Ursaring

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2014, 08:47:22 am »
Charizard X is very strong  ,but his weakness to ground and rock have made him easy for me to KO.

Scizor is definitely really strong as well. He might be to bulky  ,but not a huge offender in my eyes at this point like some of the other megas.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 08:51:57 am by Ursaring »

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2014, 08:44:04 pm »
Mega-Aggron's defense is amazing. I don't think it needs nerfed, but it managed to take two full powered EQ's from Mamoswine. That's pretty damn impressive in my book. xD

Daylin: 35/100

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2014, 09:45:26 pm »
Mega Blaziken, kind of a 50/50 deal for me. Monster attack stat combined with speed boost, but doesn't gain any bulk (+10 to def and spdef, ha!). Regular Blaziken is more viable than this guy, since you can utilize focus sash. Maybe an ability change for the mega would make him less of a gimmick player. My suggestions:

-Infiltrator
-Iron Fist
-Pressure
-Super Luck

Probably drop the attack down to 140 to match the PU balance of Blaziken (lost 20), and the sp atk to 120. Speed is ok.

Basically, get a couple speed boosts, then mega evolve to get the power boost, and use your new ability.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword