* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: [RP] Soul Eater: New Earth  (Read 55115 times)

Offline Lunartic

• New Trainer
  • Lunar for short.
    • View Profile
Re: [RP] Soul Eater: New Earth
« Reply #120 on: March 18, 2015, 04:01:46 am »
”Teams? This’ll be fun,” said Jessie as she stood up.

Alex sighed. ”As long as we don’t get some jackass paired with us.” She walked over to Dean and brushed his arm. ”I’m going to see how Warren’s doing.”

He nodded. ”I’m going out for a smoke. You want anything?”

Alex scowled. ”I thought you were trying to quit.”

”I am.”

There was a brief pause. ”Whatever. Bring me a coffee.” She went up on her toes and pulled him in for a quick kiss. ”I’ll text you if Warren wants anything.” The two parted, Dean slipping out of the class and Alex on her way to Warren.

”I’m heading up to the room,” said Jessie as she walked by her sister.

”Enjoy your date,” she replied. The class was mostly empty when Alex finally reached Warren’s desk. She crouched down to meet his eyes. ”You don’t look so good.” She lightly patted his shoulder and stood straight. ”C’mon, let’s get out of here before Mortecai yells at us again.”

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 18, 2015, 09:04:29 am »
Warren turned his head to face her, a blank expression plastered on his face. "I'm fine." He said and stood up, slinging his bag over his shoulder. "Go on, I've got to get home." He turned on his heels, long strides carrying him out of the room.

When his apartment door was just in front of him Warren stopped, head sagging. He couldn't do this, whatever this was. The school, the friends, the training; he was only here because she wanted to be, he didn't care about any of it. Shaking his head, he shoved his way inside the apartment and threw his bag down, heading to the kitchen. Once he had found a cold can of soda, he returned to the living room and flopped himself down on the couch.

"What the hell?" Warren said, grunting in pain and reaching underneath his back to pull whatever had stabbed him out. It was a small blue piece of plastic with metal on the front; a USB. They didn't own any of those. He barely knew how to work a computer, much less a USB. Something was off.

Heaving a sigh, Warren stood up and walked to Silene's abandoned room, grabbing her laptop and sitting down on the edge of the bed. The screen lit up brightly when he pressed the power button, and it took him several attempts to get the password right, but he eventually did and it brought up the home screen. He inserted the USB into the drive. A blinking pop-up appeared asking if he wanted to watch a video.

He clicked yes, and the screen went black.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 09:11:37 am by The-Blades-slave »

Daylin: 35/100

Offline Lunartic

• New Trainer
  • Lunar for short.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 18, 2015, 09:13:59 am »
"Smile, honey."

Click.

"You're on camera."

The video slowly faded in from black. Silene was front and centre, tied to a chair and blindfolded. Her shirt was ripped in multiple places, she was missing half a pant leg, and there was a large bruise from her cheekbone to her jaw.

"Let's start . . . with your name."

Silene hesitated. She tried to keep her voice as steady as possible. "Silene Delacroix."

"Silene . . . isn't that a pretty name."

"W-who are you?"

He chuckled. "This isn't about me, Silene." A black leather hand came in from off-screen and brushed her bruised cheek, making her recoil away with a cringe. "It's about you." The hand grabbed her chin roughly, his thumb pressing into her bruise to make her scream, and turned her face towards him. "And what I might do to you if I don't get what I want." He let go and she turned away.

"What do you want from me..." All confidence in her voice was lost and replaced with a pitiful sob.

His suave voice had a cruel snide to it. "I want you to cry, scream, beg, pray that your friends will do the right thing to save you." He removed her blindfold. She kept her eyes closed as they adjusted to the light, still turned away from the man beside her. "Alex. Hason. Jessie. Warren." Silene opened her eyes after the last name. "Ahh, that still means something to you? Strange. After your fight last night, I wasn't expecting much..."

Silene looked up at her captor. Her voice was cracking into sobs, her eyes were misting over. "How do you know?"

He chuckled, brushing under her chin with the tips of his fingers. "Now why would I tell you that, hmm?" He took his hand away and spoke to the camera. "There is a witch among you at the NDWMA. If you want your precious Silene back, you will have her stand at the school gates tonight, alone. I will deal with her from there. If she does not comply..." He knealt down slightly, enough to reveal the lower half of his face, and brushed a lock of hair behind her ear. "Can you keep a secret, Silene?" He hid his face from the camera with his hand and whispered something into her ear. She closed her eyes in pain. ”Don’t tell anyone,” he said, turning away. ”I mean, who are you going to tell anyway, the walls?” He laughed cynically. ”Any last words for the audience?”

”Warren…” she looked into the camera as a single tear rolled down her cheek. ”I’m sorry.”

Click.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 09:16:08 am by Lunartic »

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
The day the posts stood still
« Reply #123 on: March 25, 2015, 04:23:22 pm »
“No, Silene!” Warren screamed, clawing at the screen of the laptop like he could pull her free. It slipped from his lap, hitting the plush carpet below and snapping shut. The last note of the video echoed around the room, sounding forebodingly like a curtain call. He dropped down to pick it up, ripping it back open. “Silene!”

The monitor held nothing else for him. The screen stayed the same, asking him if he wanted to rewatch the video. He watched it again and again in the dark of the room, hands pulling at his hair; each replay was torture, but he deserved it. “Silene…” The unfamiliar feeling of helplessness pooled in his gut, and tears pricked at his eyes; he hadn’t felt like that since he was a little kid fighting his Dad, so utterly broken.

Without warning the laptop exploded as his fingertips ghosted across the keyboard, shards of burning glass lodging themselves in the palm of his hand. His mind didn’t even register the sting, robotically pulling the USB from the wreckage. It was singed, but still intact. “Gotta… Gotta call.. Witch…”

Warren felt far away as he pulled out his phone, clutching the usb to his chest tightly, rocking on the floor. The madness was stronger than it had ever been in his life, a thousand voices screaming in the back of his head for attention. It threatened to pull him away, but the thought of Silene’s tearful face was enough to keep him on track as he dialed Hason’s number into the cellphone. It rang three times before someone picked up.

“Hason…help…Silene…bring...laptop...” The phone imploded after that, a hysterical grin spreading across Warren’s face. “Ahahaha! It exploded! I wonder how many pieces it’s in?” Sitting up, the delirious man began to count the shattered bits of the phone

The day had been like any other; Steven and Hason had tried for a mission, but yet again had failed to get there in time to actually receive one that would pay enough. Luckily they had leftover cash from the last few, but it was still getting a bit sketchy cash wise, and they were going to have to start training more if they couldn't get one soon enough.

As they sat in their dorm room waiting for the next day to come, they were just sort of relaxing. Steven was reading a book he had borrowed from The Stranger, by Dr. Franken Stein, and Hason was watching something on their laptop. As they were just sort of doing whatever, Hason's cell began to ring.   She was a bit confused at first, because after all, why would anyone be calling at this point in the night? Without even checking who it was, she answered, and began to say hello, before promptly getting cut off. What she heard on the other end of the line was a somewhat broken, or distressed voice... Warren's voice. "Hason...help...Silene...bring...laptop."

As the other's sentence came to a close, there was a deafening explosion from the other end, and a somewhat horrified look grew in Hason's eyes. As she began to pack the laptop away, Steven closed his book, giving her a questioning look as he began to speak. "...What was that noise? I heard that from here... And why do ya' look so shocked?"

Her response was quick,, but it gave him the only answer he needed. "It was Warren."

At this, Steven gave off a light sigh, however he knew her concern was genuine because of her answer. He slipped a bookmark into 'How to Vivisect your victim; Redux', and began to get ready. He threw on a scarlet hoodie over his black T-shirt, and wore a pair of faded jeans with his tennis shoes. Hason wore a similar outfit; consisting of a lime hoodie over a white T-shirt, jeans, and tennis shoes. As she slipped the laptop bag's strap around her shoulder, she spoke, a somewhat urgent tone to her voice. "You ready?"

Steven replied by opening the door and motioning for her to lead, a blank tone to his voice. "Yep. Why don't ya' lead the way? I'd assume ya' know the route to their apartment better than I do.”

About fifteen minutes later, the two arrived at the apartment complex, where they then began to look for Warren's room. It had been quite some time since she had actually been here, as they had started meeting out at the sparring point, rather than meeting here first. When she finally found it, there was a bit of a relieved tone to her voice as she pointed towards a door number. "Ah... There it is. Sorry for not remembering, it's been awhile since I've been here."

Steven shrugged, replying to her in a monotone voice. "Eh, I mean... Ya' got us here and even found the room, so I can't really complain."

When no one came to answer, Steven put his ear to the door, where he heard something; it was as if someone was counting, a demented tone to their voice. Steven turned to Hason, attempting to open the door as he spoke. “He’s in there, but he sounds off… Like he’s counting, or some shit.”

As the door opened, Hason quickly made her way past Steven, a concerned look on her face. She had somewhat of an idea of what Warren was like right now, and it didn’t really fill her with confidence. She cupped her hands around her mouth as they walked in, as if calling out. “Hey, Warren! We’re uh… We’re here!”

Warren shoved a shard across the floor, pushing it into a large pile with the others. “Two-hundred and sixty-three,” he whispered, glancing towards the doorway at the sudden new voices. “Who’s there?” His steely eyes pierced the darkness, and a toothy grin consumed his face. “Are you here to die?”

Warren’s reply sent chills down both Hason, and Steven’s spine, however the reactions were not what one would expect; Hason had seen this before, and was rather cautious, contemplating even leaving and coming back later, as to avoid getting blown up. Steven, however, reacted a bit differently. He hadn’t seen this before, he had only heard stories, and they never mentioned it like this. He moved to stand in front of Hason, jade eyes glaring into the steel eyes the other Meister possessed. When he began to speak, his voice had an undertone of aggression. “It’s Steven and Hason. You called for us, didn’t you?”

“I…” Warren blinked several times, shaking his head. The broken picture of Silene pierced the haziness of his mind, forcing back the madness; the voices in his head roared and he fell to his knees, clutching at his hair. “Flashdrive...watch it,” he finally choked out, motioning to the small USB beside him.

Hason cautiously took the USB, careful not to startle Warren. She sat the bag down on the bed, loaded up the laptop, getting the flashdrive ready to play. Steven slowly turned his gaze towards the screen, glancing back routinely glancing back at Warren like he was a snake that might strike at any time… And then, Hason hit play.

The video played on, all while they both watched. Steven’s hand balled up into a fist, and then into a chain, taking great self control not to lash out at something, anything. Hason however, reacted with a blank stare. Her breathing seemed to slow down,becoming heavier with each passing second, and her eyes bored into the screen like it was a void. “I’m going,” she said quietly, standing up.

As the words left her mouth, she began to walk towards the door, however her movements were brought to a halt as Steven’s hand came down upon her shoulder. His voice was both caring and angry, completely free of its previous blank tone. “No, you aren’t.”

Hason began to struggle, trying to get away, trying to get to the door. She kept telling herself she had to turn herself in. That it was the right thing to do, that it would allow her to save Silene, and possibly make things right. She told herself it was her fault that this was even happening, that she somehow caused this. Tears began to stream down her face, and her voice came out heavy, her tone that of regret. “I’m going. I have to save Silene, I have to stop this before anything else happens to her, or anyone el-”

She was cut off as Steven pulled her back, and positioned himself in between her and the door.. As he spoke, his eyes began to stare into her being, and his tone had lost the concern it previously had, the blank tone once again overpowering all else. “Do you really think that even if you were to give yourself up to them, that they would just give her back? Do you really think that if they were fucked up enough to do this in the first place, that they would just drop it here?”

At this, Hason stopped moving. She didn’t really react further; she wasn’t sure how to react, she wasn’t sure what to do, to be honest. Steven was right. Why would they give Silene back, even if she were to turn herself in, but she herself didn’t have any better ideas. She turned herself to look at Warren, a somewhat regretful tone to her voice as she spoke. “What should we do...?”

“Go...” Warren trailed off, forcing himself to his feet. He was drenched in sweat from the effort of controlling himself, eyes bloodshot and sunken into his head. “Go show that to Alex and Jessie, then stay with them.” His voice was strained, breaking every other word. The madness drowned out all rational thoughts; the only thing he knew was Silene needed him and he was wasting time. “Hurry!”

At the other’s words, Hason began to pack up the laptop, taking the flashdrive and slipping it into one of her pockets. Once the laptop was packed up, she left the apartment, beginning a walk towards both Alex and Jessie’s dorm. As Steven began to follow, he turned around at the door, saying a few choice words to Warren before he would begin to continue following Hason. ”“Hey, don’t do anything stupid.”

And with those words, he was off, going in a light sprint to catch up to Hason as they began to head to Jessie and Alex’s dorms.

About fifteen more minutes later, Hason and Steven arrived outside of Jessie and Alex’s dorm room. As they reached the correct door, Steven motioned towards it, speaking as he did so. “Here we are. How about you knock this time?”

Hason nodded, and walked up to the door. She shakily rose her hand to the door, knocking on the wooden door, a bit of disheartened look to her face.

Warren did not look fine to Alex. She knew he wasn’t fine, but decided not to say anything and let him leave the classroom alone. He’d sort it out with Silene later. Alex jogged to catch up with her sister, who was texting away.

“What’s up?”

“He wants to know if we can push our date to two-thirty instead of three. I wanted to go home and freshen up a bit first, but I won’t have time to now...” she bit her lip.

Alex sighed and shook her head. “Jessie, you look fine. It’s not like this is your first date with him, and you’re only going for coffee anyway. Besides,” she smiled, “from what I heard, he likes a dirty girl.”

Jessie elbowed Alex in the rib. “Oh shut up! You’re more embarrassing than Dad.”

“Aww, wittle Jessie’s getting worked up over her big sister,” she said as if talking to a baby.

Jessie muttered something under her breath and stormed off, leaving Alex behind to laugh.

“You’ll be fine Jessie!” Speaking of dates, she thought as Dean walked over to her, hands stuffed in his pockets and that same neutral expression on his face.

“What happened?”

Alex was still giggling a bit when she replied. “Oh, nothing. Just us being silly. Where’s my coffee?”

“I decided not to go for a smoke.”

“Glad to hear you’re actually trying to quit now, but I was looking forward to that coffee...”

Dean put a hand on Alex’s shoulder so she would stop and turn to look at him. He brushed a lock of hair behind her ear and whispered to her: “I have something else you could look forward to when we get back to your dorm.”

Alex looked her boyfriend in the eyes. “If it’s not coffee, I’m not interested.”

Dean raised an eyebrow.

Alex sighed and grabbed his tie, dragging him with a quickened pace. “I hate you sometimes.”

He chuckled. “Love you too, Lexie.”

“Don’t call me that!”

Alex and Dean sat on the living room couch together, his feet on the table and her head in his lap. It was quiet, only the sound of turning pages momentarily breaking the silence. And then Jessie walked in.

“How was your date?” asked Alex, not lifting her eyes from her book.

“He’s cheating on me!”

She looked up.

“Well, actually, he’s cheating on another girl, but he’s cheating on her with me!”

Alex sighed and returned to her book. “So not good then, okay.”

“What a fucking prick,” said Jessie before slamming the door to her room. The next interruption was a few minutes later when somebody knocked on the door.

“I’m getting changed!” yelled Jessie.

Alex looked up at Dean. “Please?”

He closed his book - a crime novel about a girl who was suspected of being a witch - and answered the door. It took him a moment to recognize the two faces. “Can I help you?”

“We’re looking for Alex and Jessie. Are they here?” asked Hason. Her voice was shaky, her face wore a worried expression, and a laptop was being carried under her arm.

He knew exactly why they were here. He could imagine Warren in his apartment on his hands and knees, weeping for Silene, praying she would come back. He wondered how she was faring in the hands of his master. He wouldn’t have to wonder for long. “Yeah. Come in.” He held the door for them and stood aside to let them pass.

Steven waved for Hason to go in first, and then merely stood in the doorway. Hason slowly set up the laptop, turning it towards them with the video pulled up, before moving herself away, not wanting to watch that again.”Press… Press play. She muttered, her voice barely audible.

“Jessica,” said Alex, staring at the screen. “Come here please.”

She was throwing on a light sweater when she came charging out of her room. “I’m here. What’s up?”

Alex pointed at the laptop and pressed play.

Jessie stood behind her sister with her arms crossed. Alex touched Dean’s arm, and he wrapped it around her for support. He used all his effort not to cry out to her and confess. I did that to her, he thought. He remembered how easy it was for him. Walking down the street alone, a sick mind would think she was asking to be taken away. And the bruise from when he punched her while trying to run away, his fist still burned from it. “Cut her up a bit too,” he said. “Give them a better show. Be careful with the flesh, we don’t want her bleeding out before the grand execution.”

There was an icy silence when the video ended.

“How’s Warren?” said Alex.

Hason’s voice was somewhat shaky, the tone of someone just trying to hold it together breaking through. “He’s… He’s lost it…”

Alex opened her mouth to say something else, but all that came out were sobs. She turned around and fell into Dean’s embrace.

Jessie rubbed Alex’s back and mouthed the word “Later,” to Hason and Steven.

Neither Hason nor Steven complied, feet rooted to the ground. "S-sorry, but... We're not leaving. Warren told us to stay grouped together with you guys, and... I honestly don't know where we'd go right now." Hason whispered, her voice shaky and apologetic.

As she finished speaking, Steven stepped in front of her, chin raised defiantly. “Not only that, but Warren's out there, most likely being a dumbass...” His aggressive voice trailed off, before he began to point towards the window, voice picking up violently as he spoke. “Why the hell are we standing around, doing jackall to help him!? Jackass’ll get himself killed without us!”

Jessie sighed. "Fine. I'll go, but give my sister a minute, please." She looked at Dean. "I trust him."

He nodded, Alex now quiet.

Jessie ushered Hason and Steven out of the dorm. "They'll come when she's ready. The last few weeks were really rough for Alex. Dean's last kishin egg fight put him in the hospital, our grandmother had a heart attack, The Reading Café almost burned down... and now this. It's too much for her."

Each and every one of them was silent for the walk, a bit on edge after what they had seen...
TRANSMISSION_END