* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Website offline and future of PU  (Read 111407 times)

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
Re: Website offline and future of PU
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2015, 07:36:59 pm »
Heyhey, I'm still lurking every day. ;v;

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2015, 12:42:18 am »
Since it appears we're all just leaving goodbyes and such here, I'll leave you with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rP_V07Cp6I&feature=iv&src_vid=ZJLr_O6lhrY&annotation_id=annotation_325498

Accurately sums up my experience on this site. Also, it's weird to see your signature hasn't changed from that old RP, Fenror. It brings back memories, lol.
What is this nonsense? xD

This is what sums up my experience on this site.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90rHFreKjvs
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Offline ArmandCool

• PU Trial-Team
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2015, 09:08:05 am »
Damn.

Offline Flynt

• Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2015, 11:34:24 am »

Offline DaigurenHyõrinmaru

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2015, 01:17:44 am »
This is the saddest comment ever. So sad :(
Halagren

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2015, 02:35:22 am »
No, no, you're right. That wasn't the right song to sum up my experience, this is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaJezu6OnNw

Daylin: 35/100

Offline TerryE

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2015, 07:23:59 am »
The tears, they are rolling. I remember joining this site as a happy little teen who knew absolutely nothing of the metagame, and more importantly, how to conduct himself online. Watching this project and spreading the word and watching some of the madness back in IRC chat was a ride for me, and I learned a lot from you guys. It's sad to see the project I've been waiting ever so patiently (since 2009 I believe) for go, but at least the site will remain, along with most of the memories we've all made here.

Time has definitely flown since I joined PU. Now I'm in college, majoring in digital arts / computer programming to become a game dev myself. I want to make this dream a reality someday.

Thank you Mr.Dark and the PU team for this experience. I'll never forget the friends I've made here.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 07:42:10 am by TerryE »
Quality is ALWAYS better than quantity. ALWAYS

Offline Deathimself

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2015, 08:38:30 pm »
I am unsure if the Facebook page is being monitored or not, but I had a pretty good idea for those of you that have lost the time in trying to keep this project alive. Now I haven't been on here for quite some time. And I really regret that decision. I'm going to be going to college in a couple of months as I am getting out of the military. How ever my brilliant idea is this.... Why don't we start a kick starter for this project? There are so many people thousands probably millions of people that are wanting to play this game and it has been your little child for the past 5 years. Now I understand that has been awhile but you have come so close.. got a beta out for testing and you're throwing everything away :( it is sad really. This game will make history as it will be the best pokemon game out there that I can think of. It might take a little bit of time yes.. but I believe that if we were to start a kick starter it might just swade your ideas of: "I'm not really getting anything out of this therefore I'm going to start other side projects"... Into: "let's get this done and out so people can enjoy it."
Ultimate power is held within the Psychic and dark of all pokemon!

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2015, 11:00:28 am »
Hmmm... Wouldn't that give copyright problems if we sent the game in for kick starter? ó_o

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline Deathimself

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2015, 07:51:35 pm »
So I just checked the rules and regulations for Kick Starting a project. and we fall into the qualifying terms. its not copyright (unless after publication we might have to change name because pokemon universe is for wiiU now) ... other than that here are links to rules and prohibited items for kick start

https://www.kickstarter.com/rules?ref=learn_category_games
https://www.kickstarter.com/rules/prohibited

What are people's thoughts about kick starting this project?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 07:57:27 pm by Deathimself »

Offline spartandc

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pokemon,Dragons,Mechs, Supersoldiers! MUHAHAHAHA
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2015, 08:35:47 am »
So I just checked the rules and regulations for Kick Starting a project. and we fall into the qualifying terms. its not copyright (unless after publication we might have to change name because pokemon universe is for wiiU now) ... other than that here are links to rules and prohibited items for kick start

https://www.kickstarter.com/rules?ref=learn_category_games
https://www.kickstarter.com/rules/prohibited

What are people's thoughts about kick starting this project?

Not a bad idea but i think the problem is that alot of the people dont have enough time to do this, if it would work that is awesome but people would have to be willing

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2015, 01:07:12 am »
In order to kickstart the project, you would need a few things:

-A dedicated programmer who would take over writing the code

-A team of artists

-Writers

-Web Developers

-Advertisers

-Testers

So far, we have maybe one or two people in a couple of the groups (I quit writing myself, so that leaves spirit and declan if they are on board). Once you have all those, then you can start a kickstarter because people want to see that the parts are there, it just needs money to back it up.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Ursaring

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2015, 02:11:43 am »
Personally I think making a pokemon MMO is not the best idea anymore. Nintendo is fairly strict and having your game shut down after all the blood,sweat, and tears would be pretty horrible(and not to mention possibly very costly). 

I would love to work on a turn based monster fighting MMO ,but would definitely want it to be original content. Think along the same line as pokemon ,but a bit more grown up. I think their is a very real market for a game like that ,but using pokemon's name is just to risky in my opinion.

Offline Deathimself

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2015, 05:45:26 pm »
Personally I think making a pokemon MMO is not the best idea anymore. Nintendo is fairly strict and having your game shut down after all the blood,sweat, and tears would be pretty horrible(and not to mention possibly very costly).

Imo this is not exactly so... Because a pokemon mmo has already happened https://pokemmo.eu/ .... It would be sad to see that one go through but not this one we have been working on... We have already put in a lot of blood sweat and tears to get as far as we have gone. But just like tickles said we need to find people that are on board that will be willing to pick up the legacy