Official Forums > News & Announcements

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread

(1/9) > >>

Monzta:
Hey everyone. Pokemon Universe is not being worked on anymore. It has not been worked on for quite a while, now. There have been surges of activity, hype, and production throughout this project, but overall, the ambitious project has come to an end.

Joining this forum as a teen and now making a career off the skills I learnt from this forum has been an amazing progression to reflect on. I thought i'd open this thread as a sort of "obituary"-- the Dutch hosts of this website are being forced to pay for the domain and bandwidth for a closed project.

Now, the definite future of this forum has not been collectively decided upon just yet, so this isn't an announcement of its closing. However, to make it clear-- the game is not in development, and most likely never will be.

Reminisce away, friends. It's been a hell of a journey, and we thank you for being a part of it!

For some fun facts:

* From the start, it was known this project would struggle, and perhaps may never come to fruition, as it was done completely through volunteer work.

* Most of the work got done in 2009, 2010 and 2011.

* The project was pretty much dead by 2013. Although it did see a surge in activity and development by some very talented mappers and artists, its future as a website and "company" started to be reconsidered during this time. With a lack of pixel artists, for two years prior, and developers that could work full time, it was seen as hopeless.

* Although it did die down, the workload, and organisational structure within the production team was very comprehensive and taken seriously. It was very much like a professional company, although without all the formalities.

* There has been no real progress on the game itself for about 2 years at this point.

* This forum spawned four real-life relationships I can count, and two babies!

* Power user Jerry has had the same profile pic for nigh on 7 years!

* Carbon is now a gay trans-genderfluid furry. Who would've thought.Notable GOAT threads:

* Chit chat thread: http://www.pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,1167.0.html

* Anonymous Guild: http://www.pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,2301.msg44883.html#msg44883

Jerry:
Yup, and my profile pic's not gonna change anytime soon... progress takes time.

Roloc:
Good idea making this thread, Monzta. MissWednesday miss hanging out with everyone here. It's where we two met and it will always be a special place for us. If not for PU we wouldn't have met and we wouldn't have created these two lql

I hope everyone is doing good in whatever they may be doing!

Baka:
Well, I am up for helping remake/develop it if people are still willing (Education purposes).

I know Unity may not be as efficient as SDL, but it sure is faster to develop with.

NexosYourGayBestFriend96:
     My name has changed quite a lot since I joined this forum, from Lugiafan96 to.... this. And I just wanted to say thank you to everyone, because without this website I wouldn't have the friends I have today or be near as good a writer. It was definitely a blast role-playing and drawing characters, and it's definitely helped contribute a lot to the me of today.
     Right now I'm working on my own project, but I'm juggling that with college so you probably won't hear anything from me for a while until I can really nail down what I'm doing. I hope you all have a good life.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version