* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Quest-medium] Cleaning Up.  (Read 4553 times)

Offline Darien

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
[Quest-medium] Cleaning Up.
« on: February 25, 2010, 06:59:06 PM »
well your in this town.[PU Picks] and you see this girl walking around. she ask's you if you can find the bandits that ruined her restaurant. you say yes. and she give's you hint to where they are. you and you catch them. and then you bring them to her she brings them to the police office and then she ask's you if you can clean her restaurant. so she send you on erins to get.

Water from. [PU Pick's]
Soap from. [PU Pick's]
Sponge from. [PU Pick's]
Broom from. [PU Pick's]
Paint and Paint brush form. [PU Pick's]

and then she cleans it up. and then you can go inside and get soda's.

and the reward is.

1,000 Pokedollars.
Cool black sun glasses.
Cool black pants.
cool black shirt.
Gold nugget.

thats my Quest.

Offline Darien

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: [Quest-medium] Cleaning Up.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 08:02:23 PM »
So what do you think?

Offline Darien

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 09:36:37 PM »
Does any one like my idea.

Offline PokeBlue358

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pikachu, I choose.... Oh. I see your upset.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 10:37:37 PM »
Hm.....

Either no one likes it, or you check your own subjects too much.

i think it's too simple. Too easy. Add more to it, make it longer, etc.
With my pumped up Pokemanz, I can't lose!!!

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 11:46:23 PM »
So what do you think?
Does any one like my idea.

Settle down Darien, I don't sit at the home page waiting for new posts to appear all day.
But be great full, because now you get a reply from the almighty Story Writer.

And let me start off by saying, this is why I'm called the "story" writer, not the "quest" writer. In other words, this is just a quest, nothing more, it lacks story. While story isn't always necessary for a game like this, I think it's important to still think more about back story than you have. All you have established is that a girl had her restaurant ransacked.

You haven't even described anything further than telling us we would have to go find them and bring them back.

Here, let me give you a piece of advice, and hopefully other people wanting to make their own suggestions will read this too.
If you want people to like your idea's, you have to portray them in a way that makes them appealing to people. Take a look at some of my topics, I could have just said (for Restaurant Recovery) "you go and find a restaurant where a chef says that all his stuff is being stolen by meowths, you go and get him his stuff back, and he rewards you. then if you take one of his meals to one of his customers they will give you a key card, you take the key card to a base, and fight a bunch of dogs, until you reach the top, and fight a boss."

Do you see how less appealing that is?
I will say this though, you don't have a bad idea, it just needs to be presented better, then I might take more notice of it.

analogy: would you rather come down to a christmas tree on christmas day, with lots of presents wrapped up, and pretty lights, and decorations, or would you rather just see the toys already out of their boxes and played with?

Offline Darien

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 11:20:29 PM »
OK here is my Improved Version.

Well you are in Sinho, and your in Veilstone ,and this Man and lady are Pacing around frantically, so you talk to one of them and then they tell you about these thief's, that came in with there diglets and dugtrio. and trashed the restaurant   and stole 5,000 Poke-dollars. and then they tell you that there is a Health inspector coming to judge there Restaurant. and then the health Inspector comes and say's." what is this mess". they say it was the thief's, but he doesn't believe them and says that he is going to shut the place down. and then they ask you if you can find the thief' and bring them back. you say yes. and then they give you clues where they might be. and then your off.

Stuff that happens on the Quest in order.

Well the clues they give you lead to this old lady that got push by the thief's. and then she tells you that they went to the forest and then you go and you see them on the out skirts of the forest. and then you beat the first witch has. 2 diglets. and then the second guys has. two dugtrios. and then you beat them and bring them bakc. but then on escape's and then you bring the guy you have. and bring him back to the restaurant. and then you go look for the other guy and then baet his dugtrio's. and then you bring him back to the restaurant. and then the Judge come's and then he say's he won't destroy the restaurant. and then she ask's you to get some cleaning supplies. and the stuff she ask you to get is

A bucket of water. from nurse joy.

A broom from the Pokemart.

a bar of soap from the gym leader. i there town.

and then she cleans up the restaurant. and thanks you and then give you.

1,000 Dollars.
Poke Flute.
Luxury Ball.
2 Rare candy.
Moon stone.

and the Poke-Flute helps you get to the next city. Because the is a snorelax blocking the path. and it give you a chance to catch a snorelax.

so there it is new and improved. hope you like.

Sincerely: Darien

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 08:33:59 AM »
For the pokeflute, you should keep in mind that it should not be essential because PU will not be a linear game, that is you won't have obstacles to prevent you from going anywhere you want, anytime. (eg, I can go to the town with the highest gym leader anytime, even if I have no badges at all, provided I survive the high levelled wild pokemons on the way there).

Before I decide whether it's a good quest or not, I have some things that bug me here:
- instead of 'pacing around frantically', the man and the woman would rather be cleaning the restaurant as fast as possible. I think they can fetch the things they need by themselves, right? The required items are not far away.
- rewards need to be revised. Too much for a 'medium' quest.
- I wonder how the man and the woman gave you clues to lead you to an old lady whom they don't know and have presumably never seen?
- Health care inspector cannot close down a restaurant because of a mess, but give them a delay to make it better.

My suggestions to make your quest better:

Instead of inspector, you can make it a judge. I'm thinking along the lines: There is a contest going on about the best restaurant in the region. The judge is going to visit the restaurant soon and two thieves ransacked the restaurant. The owners are desperately trying to put everything back to normal but need help to do so in due time. You are to fetch more people around in town, get more brooms, mops, etc from the PokeCentre. And while they are cleaning the restaurant, you need to find the two rascals and take the stolen money back.

The owners tell you get went in a westwards direction and disappeared there. You run there and find an old lady standing still, looking towards the forest. If you talk to her, you'll ask her what is the matter. She'll tell you two bandits pushed her a while ago, and she doesn't know how to teach them to respect their elders. You get into the woods, and find the two thieves caught up in a swamp/cannot go further because they got lost. Either way, you battle them. Then, a policeman arrives saying that they were informed by the restaurant's owners that thieves may be here and they were further helped by an old lady at the entrance of the forest. The take the loot from the thieves and entrust it to you to give it back to the restaurant owners.

Back at the restaurant, you give the loot to the owners. The lady pull [reward] from the loot bag, thanking you for your help. The woman then asks you a last favour, to help them finish with the cleaning. [The screen goes black briefly and when it comes normal again, the restaurant is fully restored]. She thanks you again and wish you good luck for your journey. As you step out of the restaurant, the judge arrives and checks the restaurant. [now you can decide of the decision of the judge, whether or not the owners won the contest, or are ranked within the best restaurants in the region].
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 03:22:11 PM »
Darian, like Jerry said you can't put a snorlax just laying around anywhere in an MMO.
Also the rewards are too good for this quest. Like the "Moon Stone" ? Where did that come from ? It has nothing to do with a restaurant or story line, so i suggest keeping rewards somewhat close to the story line.

Also why would a gym leader have a bar of soap or even care about the restaurant?

Anyways I think you need to revise your quest a little more.

ANNDDD Jerry you rewrote the quest so much that it's basically yours now xD

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 03:46:05 PM »
::blush::

Thanks, I rarely have time to think about quests, but when I read one... I get some inspiration.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...