* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: In-Game Art and Tiles  (Read 15291 times)

Offline Alais

• Normal Trainer
  • I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear.
    • View Profile
In-Game Art and Tiles
« on: February 27, 2010, 12:55:30 AM »
Before you read this, note that the post has two parts. Be sure to read the second part too, it's about art suggestions.

Want to join the team?

Ok. First an important request! We are still in pretty desperate need of artists to help us out with both vector pokemon sprites, and tile art. Although it has not stopped the project advancing, we will need at least one more artist if the game is to be completed within a couple of years (no promises on timescale, but it will be twice as long with just me working on art).

Tile art needed includes buildings, but also a variety of other objects such as trees, mountains, beach, player sprites (clothes, hairstyles, the works) etc. If you think you can draw pixel art, or are good at computer based drawing, we could really use your talent. Please apply!

Vector art must be in the anime style, but can have a little of your own personality added, through unique poses. Here's an example:

If you think you can draw pokemon like this one, and not just traced or copied, please apply. We need you too!

Tile art suggestions!

Now for the real suggestion part: What kind of areas would you like to see in Pokemon Universe?

Some existing ideas to get you started:

Jungle
Swamp
Desert
Oak forest
Open grassland
Scrubland (like desert but with dead grass, small bushes and trees - think Australian outback)
Mangroves (trees that grow in shallow water on the coast)
Volcano
Snow
Ice lake
Ruined town
Ancient ruins

See what else you can think of!
Remember, unless we say it will be included, a Team Member's speculation and ideas are still just speculation and ideas. Though it may be more likely to be included, there are no guarantees!

Please check out our Jobs forum if you would like to help us with the development of Pokemon Universe. We don't bite, but we do have high standards. Hope to see you on IRC!

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
Re: In-Game Art and Tiles
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 06:13:14 PM »
Note that we don't really care where you're from as long as you can be online for a few hours when we're online.

If you want to apply, please send your job app. + some (previous) work to [email protected]
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 04:53:45 PM »
You can use "paint" and make pixel art right?
I don't know if you guys would consider that professional though.

Offline Alais

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 05:19:52 PM »
You can use paint, photoshop is much better, but there are other free programs available.
Remember, unless we say it will be included, a Team Member's speculation and ideas are still just speculation and ideas. Though it may be more likely to be included, there are no guarantees!

Please check out our Jobs forum if you would like to help us with the development of Pokemon Universe. We don't bite, but we do have high standards. Hope to see you on IRC!

Offline johnwill

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 07:20:17 PM »
shld d images animate??
i will give a try on some of pokemon images...

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 09:07:47 PM »
shld d images animate??
i will give a try on some of pokemon images...

Don't bother. You fail anyway because your lack of grammar.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 07:15:30 PM »
Well, you should be reading the rules and regulations of the forum well before posting... ::)

Back to topic: Well, I'd like to help, but I don't have much time. I'm always multitasking... :-\

As for the suggestions for the tiles, I think you covered them well. I can't think of any other terrain. Perhaps some dumping ground for poison type pokemons?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 07:40:10 PM by Jerry »
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 07:38:20 AM »
If you are in lack of ideas. There is a list in DB that the team made before you joined. (link)*

*Team members only
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 07:39:57 AM by Kamaran »
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline Alais

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 03:32:48 PM »
I'm not blind -_- of course I have read the list... This thread is to involve the community.

Offline Interested Listener

• Beginning Trainer
  • "The purpose of life is a life of purpose."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 04:46:33 AM »
For the terrains I would suggest mountains, hilly areas, paved or dirt roads, and caves. And also can we volunteer in the drawing of Pokemon?
The Interested Listener

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 05:51:45 AM »
For the terrains I would suggest mountains, hilly areas, paved or dirt roads, and caves. And also can we volunteer in the drawing of Pokemon?

You just suggested everything that's already been made...

Offline Interested Listener

• Beginning Trainer
  • "The purpose of life is a life of purpose."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 06:07:50 AM »
Oh okay well then never mind I was just looking at the list at the top.
The Interested Listener

Offline Alais

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 01:55:46 PM »
You can volunteer to draw pokemon, we do need help, but it needs to be up to the standard of the picture in the first post. Feel free to post example work here if you want a quick reply, or you can send an official job application to [email protected]

Offline berke1192

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2010, 02:41:37 AM »
Hello I just signed up for this site i watched a couple videos from youtube on your guys' game and i seemed pretty interested. I am 16 live in the states but I thought i would like to volunteer, and maybe if you like my art or not I would love a job here. I take a couple classes in school involving CAD and architecture. So my question is if I volunteer a little and you guys like my art would you promote me to a job? thanks for listening to this :) first post :), oh forgot sorry umm do you want new pokemon we come up with or just old ones but done in new ways? Also we are out of school here so I can stay up late for European time if we ever need to talk or not or i can get up really early.
I just tested with some sprites idk if you want any of that or not but tonight im going to try some pokemon from scratch
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 07:28:50 AM by berke1192 »

Offline berke1192

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2010, 07:14:13 PM »
I would like some feedback on my drawing. It is uploaded at my pics because it wouldnt upload on here for some reason, and I want to know what pokemon you guys want or what terrains or things like that. or some houses you name it I will try. But like i said if you like my stuff I would love a job here. :)