* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: DayStar's Quests  (Read 3064 times)

Offline DayStar

• Beginning Trainer
  • Live Life To The Full!
    • View Profile
DayStar's Quests
« on: February 27, 2010, 11:26:39 PM »
I am going to post a variety of quests over the time I am going to be using this website, so enjoy :) I don't really care that they're not brilliant or anything but if some more detail is needed then it will be added PS. I WANT SPOILER TAGS!!!

“Somebody to Love”
By DayStar
Pokémon Involved:
Wild Purruglys, Glameows, Speedots, Shiftrys, Gulpins and Swalots

In a town (Team Decides), there is a woman who lives in a house by herself (she is always sitting viewing the telly therefore accessible). She complains about how lonely she is, she asks if you would stay with her for a while, you are given two options “Err, sorry, but I’m busy...” to which she replies, “Oh, its okay.”; Second option being “I have some spare time.” (the quest acceptor if you like), to which she tells you about her husband dying not so long ago and her being so lonely from then on, you feel guilty and don’t want to depart so you offer to catch her a Pokémon you think she’ll be able to live with – but which Pokémon? There is a little cut-scene where you realize that just outside of the town will be a grassy area where you can catch Purruglys, Glameows, Speedots, Shiftrys, Gulpins and Swalots. (If the quest is accepted I’ll tell the admin which Pokémon is the correct one). Once catching the correct Pokémon and taking it to the woman, she will be overjoyed but explains to you that she is actually speed dating and doesn’t need a Pokémon to comfort her, but she still gives you an award for your time!

“Starry Eyed”
By DayStar
Pokémon Involved:
An Absol and A Chimeco

On an island, there is a forest that is only accessible at night, because whereas at day the player just ends up back at the entrance. Outside of the forest is an abandoned village except for one house on the beach, in which lives an old man. If you speak to the old man he will tell you that there is an unlikely Pokémon couple that dwell in the forest and keep it safe, and holds a key that allows you to access the man’s special basement shop that sells items for your base (if team has implemented this feature). Your job is to find the Absol and Chimeco in the forest, battle and defeat them, then take the key granting access to the basement shop, in which his grandson sells the items.

I Know I've Posted This One On Another Thread But *Shrugs Shoulders*

“Rapidash Rampage”
By DayStar
Pokémon Involved:
Sayer’s Rapidash, Arcanine and Ninetails
Wild Rapidash and Ponyta *3

There is a PokeCentre outside of Sayer’s Pass, with a Ruin Freak inside. The Ruin Freak says the following, “I can’t get through the pass to the Priarie because of a wild Rapidash!”, “I asked Sayer, but I haven’t seen her since”, “Do you think you could help her?” (Answer, Yes or No). Upon accepting the quest you are given permission to enter the Pass. In the Pass you see the Rapidash accompanied by a Ponyta (in battle), when the Rapidash has ½ of its health taken it flees the battle, but you still have to defeat the Ponyta! In the next room the same happens (the Rapidash’s health has been restored)...
... Same again... In the final room you are accompanied by Sayer (only in the battle) when you enter the battle (The Rapidash and a Ponyta) and she tells you that she’ll help you.
When you win the battle, she says that you fight well etcetera, and that you can collect the award. The cave where you fought the Rapidash is the exit to the Priarie and that’s where you’ll find Sayer if you wish to talk to her.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 06:14:24 PM by DayStar »
+1 Post
----------
Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad!
Everybody do the Kirby dance!!!
<( "<) <( " )> (>" )>

Offline Kuhns

• Pixel Artist/ Part-Time Lurker
  • Normal Trainer
  • I'm (almost) back! And Sexier than ever! >:D
    • View Profile
Re: DayStar's Quests
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 07:08:56 AM »
All I have to say is: "Ouch, my eyes hurt." Tone down on the bright white backgrounds for your text. I don't why you can't just type it all out normally. The site consists of dark colors, so your quests are a tad painful to look at when the page comes up.

On another note, your first quest doesn't really give the reader a lot to go on and I can't really say much on the third either. The second however, caught my attention at the very end. If there are different Pokemon to catch, why not make the rewards depend on the Pokemon brought back to the lady?

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 04:41:03 PM »
I read #1 and it wasn't specific enough. Also I don't think night and day are going to be implemented anytime soon; correct me if I'm wrong.

#2, This one was precise and short to the point, and I liked it; very original. Although it would need a more specific story line if it where implemented into the game.

#3 didn't read cuz the white was blinding me xD

and what's up with the copy write symbols ?

Offline DayStar

• Beginning Trainer
  • Live Life To The Full!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 06:00:43 PM »
Come On. The White isn't that bad! I'll still change the background though...

Could people be more specific about what i need to improve one please!
+1 Post
----------
Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad!
Everybody do the Kirby dance!!!
<( "<) <( " )> (>" )>

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 06:15:04 PM »
Arg! It's worse now! :(

"Purugly, Seedot, Chimecho"
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...