* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Hunting (Idea)  (Read 10865 times)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: Hunting (Idea)
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2010, 05:16:26 PM »
You use the Science Ticket...
Ding!
Congratulations! You know Science!

If only. xDD

Hm...if players get their own 'experience,' maybe that'll be better. :| Like a stat for Pokball throwing and catching (lol). Higher success rate. xD

Well, I think that may be a good idea... but that should really really be a small increase. You have to think of the newbies. If you're thinking of increasing catching rate by a lot, it'll soon go to 100% catching rate, also meaning that newbies would have to start at a very low one, which is not fun...

Or it would be a little like in Pokemon Ranger. I mean like boosting once the catching rate, or twice only and no more.

But I think this is getting off topic...

So, as for the question of quests, perhaps little errands would do the trick like "Could you sent this message to [character in PU] in [town in PU] for me?" like the 'errands' you run in GSC and HGSS; you take a spearrow with a message from a guy in Goldenrod City to route 31, or taking the medicine from Cianwood to Jasmine, or things like that.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Kuhns

• Pixel Artist/ Part-Time Lurker
  • Normal Trainer
  • I'm (almost) back! And Sexier than ever! >:D
    • View Profile
Re: Hunting (Idea)
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 08:32:38 AM »
Well, I think that may be a good idea... but that should really really be a small increase. You have to think of the newbies. If you're thinking of increasing catching rate by a lot, it'll soon go to 100% catching rate, also meaning that newbies would have to start at a very low one, which is not fun...

:| I thought that was the point of being a Newbie. Being weak, Freshmen-like, and having low everything. Besides, having a 100% catch rate would ruin about a fourth of the point of any Pokemon game.

I mean like boosting once the catching rate, or twice only and no more.

I was more talking this.

So, as for the question of quests, perhaps little errands would do the trick like "Could you sent this message to [character in PU] in [town in PU] for me?" like the 'errands' you run in GSC and HGSS; you take a spearrow with a message from a guy in Goldenrod City to route 31, or taking the medicine from Cianwood to Jasmine, or things like that.

The whole point of "Hunting" quest types are to allow the player, should they be in a tough bind or just lazy, to fall back on something they can repeat--after a certain number of whatevers. "Errand" quests usually begin chain quests, leading the player from one "significant" point to the next, which wasn't the goal of this quest idea. ;)