* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Quest] The Shady Thief  (Read 5596 times)

Offline Kuhns

• Pixel Artist/ Part-Time Lurker
  • Normal Trainer
  • I'm (almost) back! And Sexier than ever! >:D
    • View Profile
[Quest] The Shady Thief
« on: March 05, 2010, 03:35:55 AM »
*[Quest: The Shady Thief]*

The player begins the quest when they chance (or hear about it in a rumor or something) upon a small factory. The player can walk in and take a look around, but will be stopped by the owner of the factory who is in quite a rut.

Apparently, the factory is a small, family owned Pokeball manufacturer, and just recently someone stole a very important blueprint to a new Pokeball.

The owner asks the player to help out and then sends them to the ground floor of the factory to 'ask' the employees if they saw anything. The ground floor will have wild Pokemon battles and there are seven trainers in all to battle. Battling 4 of them will get the player the information they need, but battling all seven will get the player an extra reward afterward.

The story: [A couple nights ago, factory workers noticed a shady-looking man standing by the forest's edge watching the building. They have not seen him since the robbery.]

Returning to the owner will complete the first part of the quest.

Reward (Four Trainers): 5 Greatballs

Reward (Seven Trainers): 5 Greatballs, 2,000 [Insert Currency Here]

---

The owner sends the player next to a back room where a security guard is waiting. There is a vault on the far side of the room, opened, where the theft took place. A Mightyena will engage the player if they try to walk by and into the vault, and the guard warns against this, as the Mightyena is very strong (kinda like a mid-boss). The thief took down the Mightyena when they stole the blueprints, and the Mightyena is still angry about it. So the player really has no choice but to fight the Pokemon. When they beat it, the player goes into the vault and looks around, and eventually finds some "white powder" on the ground near one of the shelves, and some "bits of blue paper". The guard, after talking with him again, will direct the player behind the factory and through a thick maze of woods to a cave, where a type of white rock rests. It might be where the Shady Man has been hiding....

After a trip through a forest and a 2 level cave system the player comes across the Shady Man and begins to battle him. When they win the Shady Man drops a scrap of blue paper and reveals that the Mightyena took him by surprise during the theft and tore the paper up. In his haste to leave, the theft dropped the paper scraps on his way to his hideout. Not that he cares anymore, as his only goal was to insure the new Pokeball will never be made. The player then returns to the owner with the news.

Reward: 2,000 [Insert Currency Here], and maybe some player XP.

---

The player speaks to the owner again, who states how overjoyed he is that nobody got the Pokeball blueprints. The player then has to go on a search for the last remaining pieces of the blueprints; one hidden in each of the three locations (the factory (in a sub-basement level), the forest and the cave). Clues and hints will help the player out a bit. When they have all the pieces they will (try) to return to the owner only to find the Shady Man challenging them to one last battle for all the blueprint scraps. The Shady man will be stronger this time around, and have more Pokemon.  So, blahblahblah, the player beats the Shady Man and then returns to the owner who is so happy and crap that his blueprints are safe and sound in several pieces.

Rewards: 5,000 [Currency], Player XP, and a small, strange tin coin

The owner explains that when the new Pokeball is ready, the player can come back and exchange the tin coin for the Pokeball and any number afterward (the first is free, the rest aren't) for testing purposes. And with a final goodbye, the player leaves the factory and the quest is over.

...BUT WAIT(!) THERE'S MOAR!1!

The Shady Man

One of the Players on a Scooter

The Shady Man and Player (without a Scooter) in a dramatic confrontational scene!

And then, because I did a badass job on the floor tiles and conveyor belts, there's THIS.       (Ignore the white rectangle thing.  ::))

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
Re: [Quest] The Shady Thief
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 03:52:50 AM »
Lol that's awesome Kuhns  ;D I really like the multiple levels of immersion and hunt for the scraps  ;)
I think the 5000 at the end reward is a little excessive though, although I don't know much about PU's economy or costs yet, I'm assuming you know more than me on that subject   :P

Offline Kuhns

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 04:04:21 AM »
Lol that's awesome Kuhns  ;D I really like the multiple levels of immersion and hunt for the scraps  ;)
I think the 5000 at the end reward is a little excessive though, although I don't know much about PU's economy or costs yet, I'm assuming you know more than me on that subject   :P

Thanks. I actually don't know what they plan to do with the money, or what levels they're going to set everything as. Plus quests can be placed anywhere in a game so 5,000 to a noob might be a lot, but to a higher-ranked player it might just be some spare change. xD

Offline Interested Listener

• Beginning Trainer
  • "The purpose of life is a life of purpose."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 04:43:12 AM »
Yes I like the quest, I also like how you added the extra reward for beating the other three trainers. Also nice picture. How long does it take you to draw those pictures?
The Interested Listener

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 07:07:36 PM »
I find some contradiction here:

The thief took down the Mightyena when they stole the blueprints, and the Mightyena is still angry about it.

When they win the Shady Man drops a scrap of blue paper and reveals that the Mightyena took him by surprise during the theft and tore the paper up. In his haste to leave, the theft dropped the paper scraps on his way to his hideout.

If the thief was taken by surprise and got away in a haste... :o
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 09:28:15 PM »
Yeah Jerry, but those are minor discrepancies which a small explanation or minor altercation can take care, therefore not a big deal at all.  ::)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 06:11:28 AM »
I know, but I consider that all the details count. Anyway, that was my humble feedback. The quest very inspiring, I don't need to add anything more about this.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 02:36:23 PM »
Well planned out quest, the story line was nice.
Although I don't get what's up with the scooter sprite ?

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 03:44:49 PM »
[...]
It's a suggestion sprite. The scooter could be implemented and if so, that scooter sprite can be used.

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 03:55:17 PM »
[...]
It's a suggestion sprite. The scooter could be implemented and if so, that scooter sprite can be used.

oh i was wondering what it had to do with the quest, that's why i was somewhat lost.

Offline Kuhns

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 04:10:34 AM »
oh i was wondering what it had to do with the quest, that's why i was somewhat lost.

Lol, no not part of the quest. I just put it in there because I could. and because I am vouching for scooters in PU.