* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: The Shiny Pokemon Quest! - not sure why it was locked  (Read 4944 times)

Offline Evil Croat

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
The Shiny Pokemon Quest! - not sure why it was locked
« on: March 05, 2010, 01:47:41 PM »
Again another awesome quest
My thoughts
During a special event golden tickets will be avaible as drops by poke' loot, random egg ect (as per Mr_Dark) - also get one from battling gym leader as a special bonus
In order to go to the island you must complete the quest submitted by Kunhs "The Shady Thief"
From that quest you will be able to use the New Pokeball - which was created in secret, for capturing these shiny pokemom.
The owner of the factory will also explain the primary use/design of the pokeball, not just for capturing difficult pokemon but for a better chance of nabbing a shiny
The owner will also reveal that there is a hidden island and you can only get there by boat and must pocess a golden ticket.
People who obtain the tickets could either keep these until they fininsh the "The Shady Thief" quest for the next event , or sell/trade them for other items

I guess you can buy as many of these special pokeballs as you can afford.

Once on the island and ready to catch.
You will be able to catch as many shiny's as you can, - maybe with other pokeballs as well but lesser sucess
Once you have used your pokeballs or happy with your catch, you can get ready to battle
You will then select 3 pokemon (or whatever is decided) and then battle the Sharman and win.
If you win you can only choose 1 pokemon to keep, and the rest are set free.

This will limit the amount of shiny's being obtained in the game, and you will need to be skilfull in battling with a rare.
Hence why the "The Shady Thief" quest should be the base of this quest to ensure the battler is well experienced in battling against a sharman and at a decent level to visit the island

Due to the time difference and servers it would be hard to battle one another with your catches.
Would like it to be an all out battle (Tounament), but to time consuming and time difference will matter to most Midnight here afernoon there.

Offline Minsi

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: The Shiny Pokemon Quest! - not sure why it was locked
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 02:59:56 AM »
I'm not too sure how rare the shiny pokemon are going to be in PU. It seems like this depends entirely on the rarity and availability of them. If you get one of the "special" pokeballs, do they act like master balls that can only be used on shiny pokemon or do they just give a higher rate of catching shiny pokemon compared to regular pokeballs? Will the shiny pokemon be of a scaled level or a set level? Also if you need a golden ticket to get access to the place where the shiny pokemon roam, are all 400 + pokemon in the area or only a select few?

Offline Millzar The Pirate

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 09:16:58 PM »
mayby it should be like a "shiny of the day" and when you get there you will have a time limit or step limit to catch the shiny pokemon

Offline BuzzKillington

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 05:36:00 PM »
Yeah all of this was discussed in the locked post.

I like the idea of having an altar of star pokemon in a cave where once and onyl once you can take a pokemon set to evovle and battle the local warrior and on beating him your pokemon will evovle and as they chant and such it will evolve into a shiny version of the evolution. I think that allowing anyone more than one shiny would destroy the rareity of them.

Also i think this quest should be very late in the game like after the brutal five so we dont have every noob and his dog running around with a shiny pigeotto or something. Lol

- Buzz -
Narcissism, Arrogance and Antipathy are the key to my existance...

Offline neokills

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'd rather die on the feet than live on my knee's
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 04:18:54 PM »
i dont like this, sorry, i just think shiny's should be very very rare so that its very hard to find them and nearly impossible to get shiny's of everything.
***Thanx to lucariox for this great signature***

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 02:43:33 PM »
No, This quest shouldn't be in PU. Though, I would like to have a shiny team, It shouldn't be that easy.

Think about it, if it happened, What is the result? Say about 95% of people completed this quest, now 95% of People of have a staggering amount of Shinies.

Lets face it, If everyone has Shinies, They arent special.

A quest with these effects however, would be fine with me:
Quest: Insert title here
Details: Something blah blah. Some guy gives you an item that makes shinies 2% easier to find, and you are Only allowed one.
~Rules~
Go wherever
NO Event, Open quest
Available a lot Later in your journey
After you catch a Shiny, the Shiny lure Breaks.

You can add more to that, Its just that Shinies arent a treasure if everyone has them, Everyone having a slightly better chance at getting ONE. Thats not as bad.
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Youngster Conor

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 06:41:31 PM »
I don't really like this idea, Shinies are better off rare, and not able to just be gotten on an island no matter what you have to do to get them, they should be like that you're walking along then suddennly "OMFG!!!... It's a shiny!!!", make you fell more special having one than if you just have to go to an island, soon everyone would have one if that was the case. StarLite i like your idea.