* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Map Showroom (PKMN)  (Read 34670 times)

Offline Minsi

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Map Showroom (PKMN)
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 11:09:51 PM »
I have to disagree with some people. I think it looks best with the tall grass everywhere. It makes the area looked untouched and more natural. I think if more buildings or signs were added it would ruin the picture... But that's my opinion. I prefer nature maps over city maps.

why would buildings be added? It's not a town. And without city maps, you're just a kid living in the wilderness, no gyms , marts, pokecenters, etc.... >.<

That's true, but I'd rather want to be living in a little shack in the forest than in a smog infested town :D Bahahaha.

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 11:22:48 PM »
I have to disagree with some people. I think it looks best with the tall grass everywhere. It makes the area looked untouched and more natural. I think if more buildings or signs were added it would ruin the picture... But that's my opinion. I prefer nature maps over city maps.

why would buildings be added? It's not a town. And without city maps, you're just a kid living in the wilderness, no gyms , marts, pokecenters, etc.... >.<

That's true, but I'd rather want to be living in a little shack in the forest than in a smog infested town :D Bahahaha.

::)

Offline Dvys

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
  • Anime <3
    • View Profile
    • Chip Creations
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2010, 04:12:14 PM »
It looks good to me. It's very clean and the theme is constant. It would be great if little pokemon icons were on there, interacting with the people and everything. Keep up the good work.

Thanx! ^^
Maybe I will use it the next time I'm bored! =P

Offline ameyathed

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2010, 05:35:21 PM »
Maybe you could reduce the amount of grass (cause the wild pkm may have eaten it) and have patches of taller grass. If the tiles are availble.

The only place I imagine you might have consistant grass of the same would in fields or farmland.

Can we get more info about the route? the terrain? Is that a lake or a river?

I don't know if this is any help.
The first map is a general route which leads to a city.
The second one is also a general route but there is no city up, left, right or down in that map.
Also decreasing the tall grass could make the map look bland..just imagine it as a really grassy untouched area  :D
Also the stairs can be as we wish, they aren't backwards those are the correct tiles.
Thank you for all your reviews!

Offline Alais

• Normal Trainer
  • I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010, 07:48:21 PM »
The maps look fine for general routes with no points of interest,  but I'm afraid that stair tile in map 2 is definitely wrong.
Remember, unless we say it will be included, a Team Member's speculation and ideas are still just speculation and ideas. Though it may be more likely to be included, there are no guarantees!

Please check out our Jobs forum if you would like to help us with the development of Pokemon Universe. We don't bite, but we do have high standards. Hope to see you on IRC!

Offline Onizoku

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 10:56:28 AM »

she comes to visit your little snow town but was desapointed in not seeing a gym so decides to set off in that icy cave.

Offline Kuhns

• Pixel Artist/ Part-Time Lurker
  • Normal Trainer
  • I'm (almost) back! And Sexier than ever! >:D
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 11:18:55 AM »
One has to wonder why there is a random fountain in the middle of the residential portion of your town. Furthermore, why isn't the water in the fountain frozen over?

But mainly, why is there a fountain in the town at all?  :P

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2010, 11:21:33 AM »
Oh, I didn't pay much attention to that. Maybe it's water from a hot spring, and it is the water supply of the town? ;D
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2010, 02:35:27 PM »
Looks awesome! great job

Offline Dvys

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
  • Anime <3
    • View Profile
    • Chip Creations
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2010, 03:59:52 PM »
Oh, I didn't pay much attention to that. Maybe it's water from a hot spring, and it is the water supply of the town? ;D

Exactly!  :-X  ;D
*It was a fountain with lava in the first place xP*

Offline Kuhns

• Pixel Artist/ Part-Time Lurker
  • Normal Trainer
  • I'm (almost) back! And Sexier than ever! >:D
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2010, 06:53:32 PM »

Water from a hot spring is usually turned into an attraction to lure in travelers. Not to mention the fact that the 'hot water' isn't steaming, looks like water (and not lava), and is coming from a fountain:P

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2010, 06:58:52 PM »

Water from a hot spring is usually turned into an attraction to lure in travelers. Not to mention the fact that the 'hot water' isn't steaming, looks like water (and not lava), and is coming from a fountain:P

Well, not if the hot water passes through cold passages before coming up, where it is the much less hot, but neither frozen. ;D

::just kidding::
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Onizoku

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2010, 07:49:34 PM »
 never questioning the logic of a gameworld ._. i mean think about all the times you played a game underwater and dint drown. or all the times you walked inside a volcano and dint die from the extreme heat and toxic gass's. or the floating peaces of land that should be falling but somehow are suspending in mid air.

Offline FireMaster

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2010, 11:16:39 PM »
One has to wonder why there is a random fountain in the middle of the residential portion of your town. Furthermore, why isn't the water in the fountain frozen over?

But mainly, why is there a fountain in the town at all?  :P

dont mean to sound like a science nerd or anything but. if water is in movement its not going to freeze. thats why rivers and some ponds and lakes stay all liquid like. lol :P
Fire Master of the East

Offline Taze

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2010, 04:12:20 AM »
that's really sick