* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: The war of the rapidash and gyarados gyms  (Read 7707 times)

Offline duotent

• Beginning Trainer
  • its my job to annoy and joke around on IRC
    • View Profile
The war of the rapidash and gyarados gyms
« on: March 09, 2010, 10:34:13 AM »
The war of gyarados versus rapidash
A quest that changes place everyday like on Fridays it will be on 1st island on Tuesday it will be on the 6th island and so on..
Anyway you swim across a small pond with a island in the middle were there’s to people a guy in a gyarados costume and a chick in a rapidash costume arguing about which gym on the???? Island they are going to join for the war there because both sides are recruiting members
The two un-official gyms are called the Flaming rapidash gym and the other gym is called the flying sprinkler gyarados gym
You may join either side but may choose to switch side in middle of the quest
You talk to the two kids and then once you talk to both of them talk to the one you want to join one of the gyms with then you hop on a boat based on which gym you choose if you choose the gyarados gym you will set sail on a boat red gyarados painted on the mast and the same goes for the rapidash gym except the boats are red and the mast has a rapidash that’s standing on its hind legs
While on the boats there’s a sub mission were you have to board the opposite coloured ship before the boarding of the enemy ship you may choose one of the other rookies on the ship to help you because all battles are tag battles (the trainer you choose waits at gate of gym and you can choose to go with them during the battles)

After you arrive on the island which you find out that the island is actually just two islands that were join by a volcano on one in the middle of one half there’s a large volcano filled with fire Pokémon
And on the other side is a giant lake filled with rare water Pokémon

Unknown to either gym that the war is because Kygore and Groudon you walk up to your Oppent head of the gym and discover they used to be brothers and that they were the first to discover the island on that eve they discovered it on brother was visited by Groudon and the other by Kygore while they were exploring  you walk were the two islands join and Rayquaza comes before you and uses a telepathy to tell you  that he is sick of the fighting and the only way to calm Kygore is to defeat Groudon and the way to calm Groudon is to defeat Kygore  after that Rayquaza gives you a ride to the lairs of each were you discover that Rayquaza set them against each other Groudon and Kygore join you to defeat  Rayquaza you may only use Kygore and Groudon to defeat Rayquaza
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 06:44:20 AM by duotent »
(POKEMON CHAOS) Eevee:tackle, quick attack, dig, shadow ball
(A RANDOM POKEMON RP)ponyta:growl
(NEW Generation)gyarados:splash tackle
allmy roleplay charcters and there attacks plus the rp thir for

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: The war of the rapidash and gyarados gyms
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 04:37:03 PM »
While on the boats there’s a sub mission were you have to board the opposite coloured ship before the boarding of the enemy ship

I have some trouble understanding how that would be in the game...

Ok, I don't know about the switching place each week, whether or not that is applicable to an MMO.

About the last part, I found it strange that the 'evil' Rayquaza here will show you that it is the one which set Groudon and Kyogre against each other by giving you a ride to the lairs.

On the whole, it's quite interesting, but I have seen better than that on here. You could exploit more your idea to make it better.

As a side note, learn to use punctuation marks, it makes it easier to read.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Minsi

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 10:33:50 PM »
I found this to be... Complicated? To say the least. It could have been rewritten to make it more simple and more straight to the point. I don't understand what the main idea of it is; After the arriving on the island part I was completely lost.

However, from the bits I could understand, it seems like you're suggesting that you choose which team you want to be on, that specific team member brings you to an island after you do a side mission on the boat and you ultimately need to help calm Kyogre and Groudon down.

Which sounds like a rip off of what you need to do with Pokemon Emerald, except the beginning and teams are slightly different.

The first part of the quest is the most original; You should try to branch a different, more unique idea off of that instead of copying Pokemon Emerald's main plot...

Offline duotent

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 06:43:13 AM »
with the rayquaza it started the war so someone would destroy its 2 rivals groudon and kygore
(and for all that dont know there are 2 legendary wars each with 3 legendaries pokemon in each the first which is the most common is the war between PALKIA DIAGLA and giratina the less known one is between kygore groudon and rayquaza)
with the diffrent place every day i mean like its in every place and but on certain days the people in that place reject you and tell you were to gain the quest
 and minsi ive never in play emreald so sorry if i done a remake
(ive only played shadows over almia pearl platinum and crystal and mystery dungeon darkness and time)
and i mean Kygore tells you part of the story of rayquaza telling him that groudon was planning to take kygore by suprise and the same thing with groudon but other way around
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 06:46:55 AM by duotent »

Offline Level5Pidgey

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • Use Gust!
    • View Profile
    • Pidgey's Philosophical Game Design
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 06:52:43 AM »
The Rapidash boat sounds pretty epic, though I am not actually sure as to what this quest is about.
Read my Game Design Blog!

And that one, lone, distressed flying Krabby went on to become the most powerful being in the Universe.

Offline Minsi

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 06:57:52 AM »
Ah, I didn't know you've never played that one, I'm sorry. It just seemed very similar to that game.

It might help if perhaps there were more events leading up to the legendary part of the quest. For example the trainer could be required to beat all the opponents on the opposite team in order to retrieve a certain item that helps with the quest. Just a suggestion though. :]

Offline Kuhns

• Pixel Artist/ Part-Time Lurker
  • Normal Trainer
  • I'm (almost) back! And Sexier than ever! >:D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 07:55:43 AM »
The War of Gyarados versus and Rapidash

A This quest that changes place every day. like on Fridays it will be on 1st island on Tuesday it will be on the 6th island and so on..

Anyway, you swim across a small pond with an island in the middle where there’s two people--a guy in a Gyarados costume and a chick in a Rapidash costume--arguing about which a gym on the???  a secret island. They are, apparently, going to join for the war there because both sides and are recruiting members.

I don't think a quest like this can be implemented in the game. As you...describe it, there has to be a tiny island on each island, and from those tiny, and completely random, islands, comes a fight between two opposite leaders. This alone is kind of...a useless idea. A random note (leading to the fight location/dock) or something of that nature would be much more plausible.

The two unofficial gyms are called: The Flaming Rapidash Gym and The other gym is called the Flying Sprinkler Gyarados Gym.

You may can join either side but may can choose to switch sides in middle of the quest later on.

You talk to the two kids and then once you talk to both of them talk to the one you want to join one of the gyms with After talking to both, you are given the choice to join one or the other. then After, you hop on a boat based on which gym you choose. If you choose the Gyarados gym you will set sail on a boat with a red Gyarados painted on the mast, and the same goes for the Rapidash gym except the boats are is red and the mast has a Rapidash that’s standing on its hind legs.

While on the boats there’s a sub-mission were you have to board the opposite coloured other ship. before the boarding of the enemy ship You have to choose one of the other rookies on your ship to help you because all the battles are tag battles. (the trainer you choose waits at gate of gym and you can choose to go with them during the battles)

Why do the players have to board the enemy ship? And why are the enemy ships traveling together at the same time?

After you arrive on the island which you find out that the island is actually just two islands that were join by a volcano on one in the middle of one half there’s a large volcano filled with fire PokémonAnd on the other side is a giant lake filled with rare water Pokémon You then land on an island that is split in two and separated by a large volcano. One side contains a massive lake and the other is a hot rocky surface.

[Unknown to either gym that the war is because Kygore and Groudon you walk up to your Oppent head of the gym and discover they used to be brothers and that they were the first to discover the island on that eve they discovered it on brother was visited by Groudon and the other by Kygore while they were exploring  you walk were the two islands join and Rayquaza comes before you and uses a telepathy to tell you  that he is sick of the fighting and the only way to calm Kygore is to defeat Groudon and the way to calm Groudon is to defeat Kygore  after that Rayquaza gives you a ride to the lairs of each were you discover that Rayquaza set them against each other Groudon and Kygore join you to defeat  Rayquaza you may only use Kygore and Groudon to defeat Rayquaza] <----???

Um...if I understand it, the enemy gym leaders were opposite genders right? So...how can they be brothers? Unless the chick suddenly changes gender halfway through and in that case you should really make a note of it. The rest is confusing and I rather not get into it. It has potential, but it is far from actual quest material (IMO). Clean up some of your prose and think about your storyline a bit more.

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 08:02:14 AM »
bahaha , kuhns you made me lol, and good points 0_o

Offline obi

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pffzt, Bleah, Mmmm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 08:03:53 AM »
Um...if I understand it, the enemy gym leaders were opposite genders right? So...how can they be brothers? Unless the chick suddenly changes gender halfway through and in that case you should really make a note of it.

Well, in duotent's defense;
discover they used to be brothers

That would be pretty epic though.

Trainer called back RAPIDASH

Trainer sent out [words deleted]
What will you do?

FIGHT            BAG
POKEMON     >RUN
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 08:07:17 AM by Kamaran »

Facebook
Twitter
Youtube

You've only got one mind. Lose it wisely.

Offline Kuhns

• Pixel Artist/ Part-Time Lurker
  • Normal Trainer
  • I'm (almost) back! And Sexier than ever! >:D
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 08:10:48 AM »
Um...if I understand it, the enemy gym leaders were opposite genders right? So...how can they be brothers? Unless the chick suddenly changes gender halfway through and in that case you should really make a note of it.

Well, in duotent's defense;
discover they used to be brothers

That would be pretty epic though.

Trainer called back RAPIDASH

Trainer sent out [words deleted]
What will you do?

FIGHT            BAG
POKEMON     >RUN

That proves nothing! xD

The final plot twist.... The hot chick is actually a man!

Offline obi

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pffzt, Bleah, Mmmm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 08:15:18 AM »
Haha, "[words deleted]". And here I thought I was being couth using the proper term instead of slang.

Okay, okay. No more talking about or referencing *cough*youknow*cough*  ;)

Facebook
Twitter
Youtube

You've only got one mind. Lose it wisely.

Offline duotent

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 06:52:59 AM »

Um...if I understand it, the enemy gym leaders were opposite genders right? So...how can they be brothers? Unless the chick suddenly changes gender halfway through and in that case you should really make a note of it. The rest is confusing and I rather not get into it. It has potential, but it is far from actual quest material (IMO). Clean up some of your prose and think about your storyline a bit more.
[/quote]

um you made a mistake there i said one of the quest givers was a girl

Offline BuzzKillington

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2010, 09:26:08 AM »
i dont like how it seems a simple battle between rivals and suddenly begcomes this epic legendary battle i dont like legendaries anyway but it seems convoluted and underthought the plot seems to jump with key points missing.
but in defence of the roignial post the male and female were just members of the gymns not the gym leaders so the leaders are brothers and the two people are newly joined members DAH!
Narcissism, Arrogance and Antipathy are the key to my existance...

Offline ChibiVampire

• Normal Trainer
  • Aw... I have to walk to a stupidly far store... :/
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 10:38:19 AM »
Your quest is a good idea, Its just a little hard to understand. Maybe you made a type or something.
But, the sub mission was a good idea, I thought that was an awesome chance for exp... XD!
Could you click my links daily?

Offline neokills

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'd rather die on the feet than live on my knee's
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2010, 01:01:32 AM »
not a bad idea but the way you presented it is very confusing, you should clear things up and try to keep it a lil simple so its easy to put into the game.
***Thanx to lucariox for this great signature***