* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: The Isles of Sungivai Chain Quest  (Read 3499 times)

Offline Saleboi0708

• Beginning Trainer
  • Ghost Pokemon Trainer/breeder
    • View Profile
The Isles of Sungivai Chain Quest
« on: March 13, 2010, 11:44:43 PM »
Alright thank you for being here i hope you enjoy this chain quest, and i wish you all good luck with Spirit's quest contest. There are three parts to it hence way it's called a chain quest, before you start reading here i highly advise that you read another one of my ideas i posted on Ideas & Suggestions in the Game Features section called "The Isles of Sungivai". Why you say? because it tells the story/bio of Sungivai isles which will be featured in the chain quest. So reading it will give you a better understanding of the location,backstory and such. Here is the link to it http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,592.msg7368.html#msg7368 Once you have read it then you may choose to read another one of my story's called "Legend of the first ghost pokemon" which is one of the leagends told in Sungivai isles. Here's the link to that http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,585.0.html Now you dont have to read that story if you don't want too but again i highly advise you read "The isles of Sungivai" so that you have a better understanding of what's going on in this chain quest enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Part 1 Begin

Quest Name: Howz It Braddah!!!!!

Requirements to start quest/except it: Must have no less then 17 gym badges from the Miryus region, and have been in the top 3 or have won the Miryus region Pokémon League, also must have defeated the Brutal Five.

Quest Description

Hey howz it braddah, you must be “Name of the trainer”. Brah I heard you defeated the Brutal five, good job braddah good job. It takes plenty of courage to go up against the five. It even takes great power and the understanding of pokemon to have defeated all of them too. You know what braddah? I think you have what it takes to journey to the isles of Sungivai and defeat the Brutal Fives old master, who’s gym is located up at Mount. Destiny. So tell me “Name of the trainer”, you think you have what it takes to defeat the Brutal Fives old master?

*The player is then given a choice to say yes? or no?*

*The text for No*
Oh braddah thats to bad, I really felt great manna in you. Ok then “Name of the trainer” comeback when you think you got what it takes farewell……

*The text for Yes*
Thats what I like to hear, alright Mount. Destiny is located on the island of Vaitaku where I’m from braddah, but the thing is there are giant whirlpools that surround Vaitaku making it almost impossible to get past, unless you are one of the navigators of the island, which I’m not. The only way us Vaitakuians get on and off the island is by 1 of 2 things. 1 we fly over the whirlpools with our ghost pokemon, because using any other kind of air flight will cause the whirlpools to suck in whatever is in the sky. Or 2, by teleportation rings the Vaitakuians & ghost pokemon created to allow us to travel back and forth, on and off the island. The problem is a Snorlax is sitting on my ring, haha don’t ask braddah how that when happen and I didn’t bring my pokemon with me when I left the island, so as you can see braddah I’m in a bit of a bind. Using your pokemon to help move the snorlax should solve that problem. So how about it “Name of the trainer” are you ready to help a braddah out?

*The Player is again given a choice to say yes? or no?*

*The text for No that will continue to repeat itself until you say yes*
Oh braddah you’re really bumming me out, you sure you don’t want to help a braddah out?

*The text for Yes*
That’s what I’m talking about “Name of the trainer”

Quest Reward “xxxxx Amount Of Coins/Money”
Accept quest Yes? No?

Once the player accepts, the quest giver will tell the Player to meet him at “What ever the name of the closest beach is, where the Snorlax is located”. Once there you will talk to him again completing the first part of this chain quest receiving your reward for it and then talking to him again in order to start the second part of the chain quest.

Part 1 Complete

Part 2 Begin

Quest Name: Men In Black???

Requirements to start quest/except it: Completing quest “Howz It Braddah!!!!!”

Quest Description

Oh boy, we’re in trouble “Name of the trainer”. You see that Snorlax over there? That’s him, but it looks like those men in black are still here, sigh. Ok “Name of the trainer” I think I should tell you what really happened. You see this beach is the Vaitakuian main teleporting destination location to go back and forth to Vaitaku and “What ever the name of this island is that they are on. I’m guessing it’s one of the main islands that have a city/town and gym”. I’ve gone back and forth many times without any kind of problem, but the last two times I used this teleport destination those men in black were watching me. I originally came here to deliver a pokemon that our spirit doctor healed for a friend that lives not to far from here but those guys in black attacked me with they’re pokemon, the only one I had on me was the healthy pokemon that was just healed, so I used him. I know what your thinking braddah and yes it is that Snorlax. When I called him out I took the time to hide in back of Snorlax and plant the ring under him guessing that’s what they wanted was the ring. I would have used it then to escape but it has a 15min wait time after using it to teleport somewhere braddah. I told the Snorlax I’d be back with some help and here you are “Name of the trainer”, don’t get mad braddah I hope you understand and help me. Will you help me?

*The player is then given a choice to say yes? or no?

*The text for No that will continue to repeat itself until you say yes*
Braddah this is no time to play around will you help me?

*The text for Yes*
I knew you wouldn’t let me down braddah. Ok here’s the plan, I need you to go distract and defeat those four men in black while I go retrieve the ring from Snorlax. Come talk to me when you’re finished with them braddah.

Quest Reward “Vaitakuian Teleportation Ring”

Accept quest Yes? No?

Okay once you accept the quest you will have to confront the men in black who are actually Team Rocket. Now I will not get into Specifics on the battle the player will have with Team Rocket. That is for me and the PU Quest/NPC writer Sprit to know if my chain quests are one of the few picked for future installment in PU, I can’t go telling you guys everything lol that would just spoil the surprise. I will say this one of the four is a very high elite commander that’s only second to Giovanni himself. After you have defeated the four in battle you will return to the quest giver, turn it in and receive your reward for it and then talk to him again to start the final part of this chain quest.

Part 2 Complete

Part 3 Begin

Quest Name: Entry Into Ghost Isles

Requirements to start quest/except it: Completed quest “Men In Black”

Quest Description
You have done a great deed braddah, and I am glad to have met such a great trainer such as yourself. Take the ring “Name of the trainer” and walk over to the purple sand mound. Stand on it and rub the ring two times, it will teleport you to my home in Popoapu Village located on the island of Vaitaku. Once there let my family know I am alright and you are a friend of mine, look for my brother and ask him to send my Haunter with another teleportation ring to me. I will stay here and deliver this Snorlax to its rightful trainer. I thank you again “Name of the trainer” and I hope to see you on Vaitaku in the near future farewell friend.

Quest Reward: “Entry into Sungivai Isles and an xxxxx Amount Of Coins/Money”

Accept quest Yes? No?

Once you accept, stand on the purple mound and an option will appear asking if you want to rub the ring two times, press yes and you will have teleported to Popoapu Village on the island of Vaitaku located in the Sungivai isles. Once in the quest givers home turn in the quest to his brother, where you will have told him what happened thus completing the quest and receiving your reward. After that, leave the home and explore the island of Vaitaku which will have many other quests to keep you busy.

Part 3 Complete

Chain Quest Complete

Alright i hope you all enjoyed and again good luck and much love to all the people that are participating in Spirit's Quest contest i wish you all the best.

Allow my shadowballs to show you true darkness at it's core, for when all that remains is a soul covered in black blood, only then will you know the true origin of my eternal nightmare....

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: The Isles of Sungivai Chain Quest
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 05:04:08 AM »
Good creative way to enter the islands!

Like the many quests suggested by our members, there is one thing I'd like to say. There is that MMO factor. It is not 100% certain that some features can be made visible for some, invisible for others.

Like if you completed that quest, the Snorlax won't be on the ring for you, but will still be there for those who haven't done the quest!

Hmm.. on the the PU team has to tell us whether or not those features can be implemented.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 05:30:12 PM »
Good writing Saleboi. I really liked the speech of the dude, it gives him more personality than just talking like a robot. :P
There's only one thing I'd like to point out, you start off by giving the quest high requirements
Requirements to start quest/except it: Must have no less then 17 gym badges from the Miryus region, and have been in the top 3 or have won the Miryus region Pokémon League, also must have defeated the Brutal Five.
But as far as I can tell the first quest involves you walking to a beach. Not exactly challenging is it?:P
Also for the last quest all you really need to do is teleport to the island (unless you were thinking of putting trainers in the way).
So personally, I think you should just make it either one quest where you get the reward from the guys brother (he doesn't have anything on him to reward you with). Or there is only a reward for the second quest.
But on the whole, good work :)

Offline Saleboi0708

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 07:18:40 PM »
Good creative way to enter the islands!

Like the many quests suggested by our members, there is one thing I'd like to say. There is that MMO factor. It is not 100% certain that some features can be made visible for some, invisible for others.

Like if you completed that quest, the Snorlax won't be on the ring for you, but will still be there for those who haven't done the quest!

Hmm.. on the the PU team has to tell us whether or not those features can be implemented.

Thankyou for reading Jerry i appreciate your feedback on all my posts. Now on to what you were saying about the visible/invisible feature. Now we've all played most of the hand held pokemon games, and have been in many situation's where curtain NPC will only show up in game after you have accomplished or done a curtain thing first. Now i personally don"t know if PU will have this same feature as the hand held games do. Never the less, refining and adapting my chain quest to meet what PU is capable of before launch is always an option, as far as I'm concerned it's not even a guarantee that The isles of Sungivai will be added to PU, it will live only on the support our great community gives it, that's why i urge for you all to help make Sungivai a reality in PU. As a writer you are always tasked with adapting such thing's so that your story better fit's in the picture and in the eye's of your reader's. Evolving your story is also a necessary part of refining your methods as a writer aswell. Again thank you for your great feedback's Jerry they are always welcome.   

Allow my shadowballs to show you true darkness at it's core, for when all that remains is a soul covered in black blood, only then will you know the true origin of my eternal nightmare....

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 07:25:06 PM »
Declan too has a good point that I didn't see. Since this is one quest (in three parts so to say), you obtain the reward once at the end, and not after each part.

Kamaran told me that the feature of visible/invisible would most likely to be a part in PU, so I guess we can hope for the best! :)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Saleboi0708

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 08:06:59 PM »
Good writing Saleboi. I really liked the speech of the dude, it gives him more personality than just talking like a robot. :P
There's only one thing I'd like to point out, you start off by giving the quest high requirements
But as far as I can tell the first quest involves you walking to a beach. Not exactly challenging is it?:P
Also for the last quest all you really need to do is teleport to the island (unless you were thinking of putting trainers in the way).
So personally, I think you should just make it either one quest where you get the reward from the guys brother (he doesn't have anything on him to reward you with). Or there is only a reward for the second quest.
But on the whole, good work :)

Thank you Declan_23 on your feedback. Now on to the requirements of Quest "Howz it Braddah". The reason why i have given the quest those requirements is because i intend the journey into the isles of Sungivai to be after you have gone into the pokemon league winning it, or at least have made it in the top three proving you were one of the chosen best. The Defeat of the Brutal Five is one of the requirements as well because of the relation they have with the gym leader on Sungivai, who is actually there old master thus making him just as strong as they are individually. It would prove to be a great challenge for them as well. Seeing as how actual PVP battle will be more challenging for the player then NPC opponents would. All in all like I've told Jerry who is also a member of our community, refining and adapting my story or quest if you will, is a natural part of being a writer. Changing the requirements of the quest to meet the needs of our players is always an option to better adapt to what PU in general is capable of before it's launch. As for your concerns about the difficulty/challenge of the First and Final quest. The Chain quest as a whole isn't meant to be challenging or difficult, the chain quest is simply meant as your passage to Sungivai isles. Having journeyed around the Miryus region defeating 17 gym leaders, as well as  the Brutal Five while placing third or even winning the pokemon league are challenging enough let alone with all the other event's and Players that you will encounter. If you are a player that loves challenge and being tested then Sungivai is for you. There are pleny of quests on Sungivai to choose from, with difficulty varying with each of them. Like i said before the chain quest i have here is simply your passage into Sungivai, where the real fun begins. Thankyou again for your feedback Declan_23 it's always welcome.