* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Some Ideas I Came Up With.  (Read 3620 times)

Offline Zocan

• Beginning Trainer
  • What ever you say won't change my toughs.
    • View Profile
Some Ideas I Came Up With.
« on: March 17, 2010, 01:51:34 AM »

Minigames Ideals:

1. I had an ideal of implementing the pokemon card game into play. To do so, it would be fun to have a rare drop of cards by wild pokemon. Example 1 / 10 000 chance to get a card. from common pokemon to 1/ 1 000 000 for tougher pokemon. and then when player collects up to 40 cards, they could go in a pokemon game hall, and mini game it up with other players.

2. having an action puzzle based mini game, just like pokemon puzzle league. Have A Simple Program conset, and added to game hall so you can compete with others. (tetris attack was my favorite game and pokemon puzzle league is a remake of it so i just had to sudjest it XD)

3. having pokemon pinball. Make your own layout, and the more points a player gets, the more poke token they can earn. example: 10 000 = 10 token 100 000 = 100 token 1 000 000 = 1000 token or what ever would fit.

4. A simple rock thunder water mini game xD

5. Some kind of Pokemon race, using the base Speed stat of a pokemon and the player's skills.

6. have an underground capture the flag game, where up to 12 people can team up to try and get the other teams flag.

I don't know about your battle program, but i have a small ideal of how i would make one.

When you get a random encounter, you get moved to another battle screen, then in that screen you control the pokemon in free action. move your pokemon around with arrow or the mouse (i don't know what is programed in your game) then use attack like in pokemon mystery dungeon, where you see the attack going in a direction . the attack size can varie depending on the Pokemon's stats. (if special att = 130 set size to whatever xD) then the other wild pokemon or trainer, can try and dodge the attacks.

This action filled Battle mode would make the game more addicting, and will resemble a mmo a bit more. But again its just an ideas.

And last Suggestion for now is to have rare Pokemon (if they exist) only stay 30 days in your team. So People Can Be Powerfull for a limited time, leaving chances to other players afterwards.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 02:03:00 AM by stephenkill2 »
---------------------------------------------------------

Zocan
The one and only

Find me on skype look for "anacoo_na"

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
Re: Some Ideas I Came Up With.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 01:54:35 AM »
essentially, almost everything you said has been mentioned , please use the search before posting.

post modified. These should be more acceptable.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 02:05:17 AM by stephenkill2 »

Offline Zocan

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 02:04:48 AM »
My bad, i should i searched before. Wont happen again.

and thank you for editing it out :D

i appreciate it.

Zocan
The one and only

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 02:25:13 AM »
lol yea but there all good ideas I think at least. Would be some cool additions after the game gets going ya know.

Offline Minsi

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 02:35:31 AM »
1) 1 in 10,000 = Almost impossible? O.o 1 in 250 for common pokemon and 1 in 1000 for rare pokemon would probably be a better chance ratio. The ratio means it's still unlikely to happen but it's not nearly impossible.

2) Tetris is awesome. Pokemon tetris would be even better but I'm not too sure how anyone can make it related to pokemon unless there were pokemon unlockables or something.

3) Pinball... I approve of the idea but I think having everyone download their own images to use may screw some things up. Maybe there could be different levels with different Pokemon types for each level?

4) I don't understand how rock beats thunder but alright xD Ground beats thunder, thunder beats water, water beats ground.

5) Certain pokemon are being 'revamped' to have more proportionate skill values, so it would have to comply with the revamp.

6) I suck at underground flag games :D But still a reasonable idea.

Offline Zocan

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 02:39:14 AM »
thanks for the review :P

and tetris attack is not like a simple tetris game, its more like bedjuel in a better way.

Zocan
The one and only

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 12:50:08 PM »
rock can beat thunder... how exactly does paper beat rock?  ???