* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Our hero Ash Ketchum  (Read 35963 times)

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
Re: Our hero Ash Ketchum
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2010, 02:58:52 PM »
Yeah, watch episodes in season 1, especially later ones, You will see many different badges.

Gary had to be an over-acheiver, he had 10 badges.

Who could forget the Kas and Yas Gyms? Its in the episode where Pikachu shows his love for Ketchup.
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline TheGr8

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2010, 09:50:20 PM »
What I think is that Paul is so arrogant and Ash is a way better trainer than him. I am not sure entirely but isn't Ash using most Sinnoh Pokemon in his battles with Paul.

^^ My old buddy Thinkle77 made this

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2010, 10:03:37 PM »
Yeah, The only Non-Sinnoh Pokemon he's using is Pikachu.
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline TheGr8

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2010, 10:23:57 PM »
I figured that :) Just recently got back into watching the episodes. Why do you think Ash looses to Paul?

^^ My old buddy Thinkle77 made this

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2010, 06:24:22 PM »
I figured that :) Just recently got back into watching the episodes. Why do you think Ash looses to Paul?

Even Though Paul Pretty much abuses his team, There is an underlying bond there too. He and his team have been through a lot.

Also his Team is much stronger than Ash's team, combining that with an Extremely Reckless Battle Style, You can see it.

Beyond that even, If Ash Stuck to his old team all the way through, he Would be owning Ubers even. He swaps out his team when going to another reigon too.

Offline Ver-go-a-go-go

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2010, 05:06:32 AM »
Yeah, Ash would have no problem at all if he stuck with his original team. There's just no way someone could be the champion of the freaking Battle Frontier and still lose to that guy. But I think it's done on purpose to keep things interesting, so we don't just have Charizard coming out every battle and kicking everyone's ass. Plus, you have the whole maturity issue, that Ash has matured so much that he no longer feels the need for strong Pokemon he's trained in the past.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2010, 02:09:54 PM »
I know that, I was answering TheGr8

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2010, 05:07:09 AM »
I just started watching the show again, I started back on the Grandma Wilma episode. It is actually not that bad, defiantly not my favorite Anime/TV show or whatever it is, but it is pretty good.
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

zylonnick

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2011, 03:49:02 PM »
In the new series, he gets beaten by a new trainer twice. WTF, Is he stupid?

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2011, 07:09:14 PM »
*BUMP* ------ Omg that's why i don't wathc the anime anymore ash is such a little punk his level what? 80, Pikachu takes out a Dragonite but gets his ass wooped by some GRASS starter in Pokemon Black and White to newbie trainer........ ???.......wut! And Ash makes friends with the most annoying people...... com'n writers can't you make the anime epic?

If the anime were about Red and not Ash then i'd watch it. Red is badass
It's over 9000!

Offline loudskies

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2011, 11:23:51 AM »
*BUMP* ------ Omg that's why i don't wathc the anime anymore ash is such a little punk his level what? 80, Pikachu takes out a Dragonite but gets his ass wooped by some GRASS starter in Pokemon Black and White to newbie trainer........ ???.......wut! And Ash makes friends with the most annoying people...... com'n writers can't you make the anime epic?

Pikachu Resets to level 5 Every region he goes to, its a known fact..

Maddie: My Roleplay Character:

Sprite borrowed from Nerya on Deviant art!

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2011, 07:00:13 PM »

Actually there is some explanation for pikachu's weakness in black/white.  He did get zapped by Zekrom.

zylonnick

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2011, 07:46:54 PM »

Actually there is some explanation for pikachu's weakness in black/white.  He did get zapped by Zekrom.

He didn't got zapped in the Hoenn region, but he wasn't really powerfull there too. Ash and Pikacu just suffer both from amnesia, so they forget all their training (remember the countershield, dodging like the waves, feeling where the opponent is without looking... anyone?) That's the only explanation. He doesn't get reset at each new region because a level 5 pikachu can't use iron tail... TrollFreak did it again...

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2011, 08:03:05 PM »
I find Ash as the most annoying trainer ever. I can understand that the writers want him to catch new pokemon, sure. I can slighty understand the whole power reset his Pikachu suffers (the defeat from Trip's Snivy was too much though). What I can't stand about him is that he NEVER learns from his experiences. After 15-16 years of him being a trainer, going through 4 regions and journeying on his 5th, he still acts like he's a new trainer that started yesterday. He doesn't think of type match-ups, he uses reckless strategies, he refuses to train his pokemon correctly, and he relies on luck most of the time. He litterally tosses his pokemon aside after going though a region then turns around and lectures Paul about carring for his pokemon.

Here is the reason Paul is a much better trainer than him; He thinks about his team, he takes types match-ups into consideration, at the pokemon league he didn't chose his team based on a whim such as Ash did. He took time to think of strategy instead of just saying "Alright, this team was beat by Paul before but I wanna prove that they can beat him so I'll use him again instead of making any strategy what-so-ever!" Paul learned from his mistakes. He learned from his fight with Barry that entry hazards give an advantage, he learned to use counter shield and used it effectively, he learned how Ash's team works and used that knowlege against him.

Ash Ketchum is the only reason the anime is so horrible.

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

Offline Ez

• Good Trainer
  • Pikaderp
    • View Profile
    • My Banner Thread
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2011, 08:47:49 PM »
I find Ash as the most annoying trainer ever. I can understand that the writers want him to catch new pokemon, sure. I can slighty understand the whole power reset his Pikachu suffers (the defeat from Trip's Snivy was too much though). What I can't stand about him is that he NEVER learns from his experiences. After 15-16 years of him being a trainer, going through 4 regions and journeying on his 5th, he still acts like he's a new trainer that started yesterday. He doesn't think of type match-ups, he uses reckless strategies, he refuses to train his pokemon correctly, and he relies on luck most of the time. He litterally tosses his pokemon aside after going though a region then turns around and lectures Paul about carring for his pokemon.

Here is the reason Paul is a much better trainer than him; He thinks about his team, he takes types match-ups into consideration, at the pokemon league he didn't chose his team based on a whim such as Ash did. He took time to think of strategy instead of just saying "Alright, this team was beat by Paul before but I wanna prove that they can beat him so I'll use him again instead of making any strategy what-so-ever!" Paul learned from his mistakes. He learned from his fight with Barry that entry hazards give an advantage, he learned to use counter shield and used it effectively, he learned how Ash's team works and used that knowlege against him.

Ash Ketchum is the only reason the anime is so horrible.

im pretty sure he's still eleven lol so in his time only a year passed of being a trainer but i agree with what you said
It's over 9000!