* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Call of duty mw2  (Read 8397 times)

Offline FireMaster

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Call of duty mw2
« on: March 18, 2010, 12:04:08 AM »
im sure most of you dont like it but i love cod modern warefare 2. its kickin tits. but what i can say about that game is the campers...  dont like them... thats my job!!!! lol
Fire Master of the East

Offline Kuhns

• Pixel Artist/ Part-Time Lurker
  • Normal Trainer
  • I'm (almost) back! And Sexier than ever! >:D
    • View Profile
Re: Call of duty mw2
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 01:43:33 AM »
Meh. Modern Warfare 2 is one of the biggest wastes of money ever. 60 bucks for a game with about 2 hours of actual game play? No thanks.

"But the online play is--"

No. They should have just made a new map-pack and left it at that. Online play is kinda fun, but nothing to write home about. The elevators are about the only things that are "kickin tits."

Offline chocobo

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 10:22:19 PM »
I only play it for online play. The campaign was garbage and only took me about 3-4 hours to complete. However, unlimited amount of hours of online play made it worth it to me.

Offline Taze

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 03:36:10 AM »
Lol paying 60 dollars for it... what do you think internet coupons are used for bro?

Offline Kuhns

• Pixel Artist/ Part-Time Lurker
  • Normal Trainer
  • I'm (almost) back! And Sexier than ever! >:D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 04:04:53 AM »
Lol paying 60 dollars for it... what do you think internet coupons are used for bro?

Coupons are cheap, and I'll never use them for anything. I was simply stating that any game with so little actual planned game game play isn't worth any price over 20 bucks at best.

P.S.

I'd rather you didn't call me bro, as I am a girl. ;P

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 04:07:13 AM »
Lol i love MW2 very fun game but yes can be full of campers and people on xbox take it too seriously sometimes IMO. Hacking and scamming people for microsoft points and boosting more and whatever else lol.

Offline Taze

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 04:14:26 AM »

Coupons are cheap, and I'll never use them for anything. I was simply stating that any game with so little actual planned game game play isn't worth any price over 20 bucks at best.

P.S.

I'd rather you didn't call me bro, as I am a girl. ;P

allright bra, coupons aren't cheap and i got this game for 15$ new

Offline chocobo

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 08:13:43 AM »
Lol i love MW2 very fun game but yes can be full of campers and people on xbox take it too seriously sometimes IMO. Hacking and scamming people for microsoft points and boosting more and whatever else lol.
I'm glad I play this for PC. I quit xbox live for the most part before Halo 3 came out. I was big into the online play in Halo 2, but towards the end of playing, I found it was just getting filled with immature kids just wanting to cuss and swear at others online. As I recently played some online games for 360, I realized this hasn't changed. You get a few immature people on PC, but not as many. Most of the gamers are just there to have a challenge and have fun.

Offline YouHearThat

• Normal Trainer
  • Vault Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 10:26:40 PM »
This is game has brought so many annoying yells and screams by my little brother (he is so annoying). I mean its just a game who cares if there is campers and noobtubers.

Yet I have to say I like the game and it's multiplayer is fun. The Single Player was easy and kinda fun.
We will not lose, because we are not losers, we are lasers~

Offline Taze

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 12:53:48 AM »
Taze's Protips to beating campers:

1.)  Get a good headset.  I picked up a 75$ pair from tiger direct for 30$!!!!

2.) Blast the volume to the point where your eardrums will shatter, then turn it down some

3.)  Run around like you have a huge f'in wang and your trying to stuff it down everyone throat. 

4.)  Take a 50cal and rip the scope off and make an iron site using some duct tape.  Also, try attaching a ferret to the barrel of the gun.  This will lower the recoil so you can spray and pray like the scrub you are.

5.) Now, throw away that controllor and hook up a mouse and keyboard to your console of choice

6.) Bind shoot to every key on the keyboard except for what you have bound to movement and ect.

over9000.) Slap your wang all over the keyboard, even though most of you will only hit 2 keys at once.

8.) Lean back (your still slapping the keyboard) and watch campers heads explode in shear amazement.

9.) Profit
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 12:56:10 AM by Taze »

Offline jflorence05

• Contributor
  • Beginning Trainer
  • Generation 1 Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Lineage ][ Contention
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 04:29:22 PM »
MW2 was sadly the biggest flop Infinity Ward could have made, even larger than permitting Treyarch to work on the other games. (World at War, COD3, etc).

The multiplayer setup is an abomination that should never have come to light. Match Making does NOT belong on PC-games for obvious reasons. Dedicated servers have been the primary hosting grounds for PC gamers. The multiplayer itself, while in essence, is fun, what is NOT fun are the following:

Marathon, Lightweight, Ninja, Knife.

The knife is the biggest joke in the game, you only RELATIVELY have to aim it and hit the key to get a ridiculous killbox.

Then there is the "Akimbo" weapons, half of which are physically impossible to dual wield. I don't know about any of you, but I can't recall the last time I saw someone dual-wielding shotguns. I was extremely disappointed at the weapons in this game for how incredibly unbalanced most of them are.

IMO, there will never be a COD game better than the original, or CoD2. Those were by far the finest days.

I do play this game occasionally, though I must admit it is out of guilt that my fiance paid $60 for it as one of my x-mas gifts. Sometimes it can be fun, but when I'm getting knifed from 20 ft away the game loses its' luster.

My steam ID is JFlorence05 if anyone plays. Otherwise I'm in game as Randy Savage. That's right.. Give me an 'OOOOOOO YEEEEEEEEAAAHH'...

Offline Epic

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • MLG
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 04:22:50 PM »
I'm in my 5th prestige right now.  All I do is run around with a Famas with a baby beeper(heart beat) on it and usually get 20+ kills per game in Team Death.  I find the game a lot of fun, and I do get annoyed by campers sometimes. 

When I start getting frustrated by campers I just put my Noob Tube, One Man Army, Danger Close class on, and piss them off till they leave/stop camping.

Offline Nando

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 08:20:38 PM »
I've seen a lot of gameplay videos of MW2 on YouTube. It looks like a really fun game. Too bad I don't own any of the new consoles (PS3, Xbox, etc). If I did, I would definitely buy the game!

One question though, is it true that all the guns (or most) have very low recoil?

Offline olee12343

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 05:34:38 AM »
I've seen a lot of gameplay videos of MW2 on YouTube. It looks like a really fun game. Too bad I don't own any of the new consoles (PS3, Xbox, etc). If I did, I would definitely buy the game!

One question though, is it true that all the guns (or most) have very low recoil?

The majority of videos on youtube involve someone using an SMG or Assault Rifle, which generally don't have that much recoil (in the game). However, the LMGs are a different story, and their recoil is probably why you don't see a lot of videos showcasing them on youtube.

Anyways, I think IW did an admirable job following up on COD4. I don't play on PC, but I know they took away dedicated servers, which pissed off a majority of the PC gamers. However, I couldn't really ask for anything more from the console versions, other than the glitches, which were probably Activision's fault more than Infinity Ward's.

Offline Gotlyfe

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 09:08:56 AM »
This game is too repetative.....