* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [linkage quests]  (Read 3270 times)

Offline Zocan

• Beginning Trainer
  • What ever you say won't change my toughs.
    • View Profile
[linkage quests]
« on: March 20, 2010, 07:21:51 PM »

Back story:

A Group Of Scientist as been doing researched on Pokemon. They Have found after a few years that Pokemon's toughs gets corrupted after being cough. After a few more studies, the researchers started recruiting young trainers to do help them further their studies. The Research started as a simple Pokemon Studies, and soon became a plan of world conquest.

Quest Based:

I based my quests on having 3 sides; Good, bad, neutral. And all of them are linked to one another. I have no ideal about the bad guys in PU, So i based my quest on the back story.

whatever side you chose, you get rank 0 in it. ( rank 0 evil, good, or neutral.)
and every times you finish a quest according to this quest linkages, you get +1 in rank.

{Quest Joinning Evil:}

First, before everything starts, you encounter <team whatever> Blocking some place. When you speak to one of the 2 (I don't know why, but most teams groups are composed of 2.) He's going to challenge you to a Battle. When you beat the grunt, he is going to call his leader. The leader will come and see whats going on and he will ask the players a few questions such as :

-Were you sent here by an officer?
-Do You Want to Become stronger?
-Are you a good Pokemon catcher?
-Would you Like To Join Us?

If you agree on joining them, you get rank 0 evil.
If not you get to fight him.

Being a New member alows you access to the Team Hideout. (Recive base access card)

Getting Started:

In the base, you recive quests by the receptionist. Regular members can't meet the higher placed leaders. The receptionist will ask you to pass a small test.

Entry Quest 1:

Capture 10 caterpie <or 10 very common pokemon in game> And bring them back to the receptionist.

Reward: Team  200 pk$ (*exp)

Entry quest 2:

The receptionist will tell you to rid of a weak trainer that is spying from the bushes neer the base and to steal is pokemon. (recive 1 snag ball)
To do so, speak to the bush in front of the base and you will be in battle. The trainer should have something simple like a nidoran or ratatac.
Capture the pokemon like a normal pokemon.

Reward: 400 pk$, 3 potions. (*exp)

To get to the next quest, you need to have a trainer level 10.
(I don't know if its in sudgestions, but it would be nice to have player level, acording to personal experience gain trougout the game.)

Those are Just the basic ideals, quest will turn around getting pokemon for the scientist to study and stuff. And other quest would be to get items from places like marts, pokegear place, and etc. And other could be to steal pokemons to NPC trainers.

{Quest Joining the good}

First, you go and find some officer near the forest and he or she will ask you to help them. Since their squad is small around that area.

If you agree to help them, they will ask you to defeat the <evil team> that are blocking the path up ahead. (could be based off the 2 grunts and the boss from above.)
Onces you defeated those easy foes, the officer will ask if you want to join their organisation.

If you want to join in, you recive a helper badge (like a police badge for noobs) alowing you access to quests in police stations in certain towns / city.
[Rank 0 good]

Getting started:

in police stations, you are given quests by the officer at the main desk. And the more missions you do, the greater your rewards.

Quests are mostly going to be based on saving people, resolving crimes (investigations), fighting evil teams and recovering stolen goods.

{quest neutral}

Wile walking in the forest, you will find a Ranger, the ranger seems disturbed by something.
After a quick chat, you find that the problems are the people catching all the caterpies in the forest.
If you agree to help him, you will need to defeat the NPCs in the forest.

after you done so, you get Rank 0 Neutral.

You Get Neutral quests by anyone in problems. Most of the quest will be to keep the peace in an area. (if police officers wants to cut down trees to make a road block, you will be sent to stop them. You may even be resposible for some safarie zone closing or etc.

On a end note, This quest system can be its own thing, it could be all on just 1 island of the whole world, or etc, it does not have to affect others quests that might be there all ready.

plus with this sistem, we could also have a war Mini game, where trainers team up, with their aligment, and fight to the finish.
---------------------------------------------------------

Zocan
The one and only

Find me on skype look for "anacoo_na"

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
Re: [linkage quests]
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 11:17:50 PM »
A similar idea has already been discussed here http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php?topic=325.0
Although, to be honest I prefere your idea.

Offline Yseran

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 11:43:17 PM »
Agreed.

Offline Zocan

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 01:09:44 AM »
Thanks for the good comments.

and i agree its similar in some way. I mostly wanted to show a way to get quests linking eachother.

as an example: If you saved the forest in the pass, some other ranger can trust you to help here on bigger quests. but no one els can do it if they didn't save the forest.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 01:28:59 AM by Zocan »

Zocan
The one and only

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 01:27:15 AM »
Maybe, instead of catching caterpies for the evil team, they could say they need pokemon for their new recruits so you're sent out to catch zubat and rattata.
I like slowpoke.

Offline Zocan

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 01:35:06 AM »
Well the main ideal of caterpies were for some stories that could be turned around the quests.

When you give them the caterpies, they will test some special "signal" and manipulate their minds.
and latter in the quests, you will be sent to test the signal on bigger Pokemon or even humans.

Getting the team closer to their goal of world possessing (not domination, just control over every living thing's mind XD )

Zocan
The one and only

Offline Wrathes

• Normal Trainer
  • DO NOT DISTURB
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 05:08:47 AM »
not bad ideas of quests. Just that... it's weird of how quests will work in PU though... in my opinion obviously.