* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Just a few Ideas I'd like to see on a Pokemon game  (Read 3034 times)

Offline WadeSimmins

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
Just a few Ideas I'd like to see on a Pokemon game
« on: March 21, 2010, 02:11:55 AM »
Over the long years playing the Pokemon games I've always felt like the game was missing some things.

-In the Pokemon cartoon they went to the Sea Foam Islands getting the Sea Foam badges to enter the Sea Foam League. I always thought that would be something awesome to add into a Pokemon game.

-In the cartoon there I'm sure you've seen the trainers riding on their Pokemon in the water, which they already have, but also what would be fun would be a Pokemon you can ride on land that is faster than a bike.

-I would like to see/suggest a Pokemon that could walk beside you that could improve its relationship if you have it out beside you.

-I think it would be really cool if you could have a skill or be able to go somewhere where you can go to create a Pokeball, you can choose the color of the top and bottom of the pokeball, and you can have a certain effect of the pokeball, change the sprites(the Sparkle that comes from a pokeball when you use it), and depending on all the stuff you add to the Pokeball the more money it costs to make it.

-Another thing, I don't know how hard this would be to have or how impossible it would be because now that i think of it, it sounds kind of hard to figure out to do with ease. But a feature so you can make your own house where you can go to play with your Pokemon, heal your Pokemon, invite friends, have your own battlefield by your house, a trading center, etc. It sounds like it would be a lot of fun to me but it also sounds really hard to make so I'm not sure how good this idea is.

-I remember this particular episode of Pokemon that was a really good one. It was about a mountain with a gate to the inside, and inside were a bunch of Charizard's. I think a really hard quest to get your own Charizard or to train your Charizard or anything like that as long as there is a mountain for Charizards would be cool.

-Something I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE would be seeing a lot more different colored Pokemon. Like how in the game you have a choice of only have a black Charizard or the regular Orange Charizard. It would be cool if there was a Shiny Gold, Shiny Silver, Black, Green, etc.

Thank you for taking the time read my ideas, if there not good or not valid I apologize. But I hope you like em!

P.S. All ideas I just based them off the cartoon and realistic ideas.

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
Re: Just a few Ideas I'd like to see on a Pokemon game
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 02:23:13 AM »
1) This is the land of Miryus, there are no "seafoam islands."

2) This transportation topic has already been discussed, please read the forum etiquette and use the search before posting.

3) This has been done in HG/SS , and I am not sure if it will be implemented. Please do a search.

4) Crafting has already been discussed, including making pokeballs, please use the search.

5) Player owned houses will also be implemented, please use the search.

6) There will be Charmanders available somewhere, train your own, there will be no Charizard Mountain or any other location based on biased player ideas or favoritism.

7) Shiny pokemon will be implemented, but not many colored pokemonz of teh rainbow, this isn't skittles.

Overall Lesson to be learned: USE THE SEARCH BAR.

...or at least browse the ideas and suggestions....most of these are highly talked about  ::)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 02:25:43 AM by stephenkill2 »

Offline Level5Pidgey

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • Use Gust!
    • View Profile
    • Pidgey's Philosophical Game Design
Re: Just a few Ideas I'd like to see on a Pokemon game
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 09:46:18 AM »
Because you like Charizard, I think we should implement Wurple Forest.
Promise you'll like it. :3
Read my Game Design Blog!

And that one, lone, distressed flying Krabby went on to become the most powerful being in the Universe.