* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Quest] Trouble at the fishing village  (Read 2719 times)

Offline kniveslove

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
[Quest] Trouble at the fishing village
« on: March 25, 2010, 01:31:35 PM »
- Quest name: Trouble of the fishing village.
- Quest location: Best locate near a lake, river, stream or sea
- Quest requirement: None (but not recommended for player with Pokemon lvl < 25)
- Quest reward: Some item and a Shiny Gyarados ( Red or any color would do)
- Quest start: Village Elder

Quest Plot:

The villager seemed trouble and none want to talk to the trainer except the Elder.
                    (or we could have they direct the player to the Elder)
                      A: This village end soon if we can't find that thieve.
                      B: I heard elder John is offering a reward for anyone who could catch the bastard.

or

Shop keeper: We have nothing to sell until elder John could catch that thieve.

* Elder John: Hey youngster what are you doing in this neck of the wood?
  Trainer: I'm a Pokemon trainer and I'm on my journey to become a Pokemon champion. I 'm just here to resupply before I venture forward.
  Elder John: Is that so? What an exciting journey you are on. But I'm afraid that our village have little to offer you. It appear that we have a thieve in the village who have stolen the supplies from all the shop around here.
  Trainer: How dreadful! Where are the local police? Have they find any clues about who the thieve might be?
  Elder : we are small remote village. The nearest police station is 2 days away! So I think we are on our own.
  Trainer: Maybe I can help!
  Elder: Really? All of us mostly a fisherman and farmer. We have no idea how to find or catch the thieve maybe you a Pokemon trainer could help!
  Trainer: I would love to just point me where the latest crime was at?
  Elder: It is the supermarket. I'll tell the shop keep to let you in their warehouse.

In the supermarket, trainer could access another room where all furniture have been wretch and the place have been flip over. The trainer look around and found some moss on the floor. Trainer asked the shop keeper about the moss.

Trainer: Do you have a lot of moss around here?
  Shop Keeper: No there are only moss around the lake north of the village.

Back with the elder.

Trainer: How often does the village go to the lake?
  Elder: We used to go up there all the time but ever since that Pokemon maniac show up he and the gyarados been attacking everyone who set foot on the lake... That damn Pokemon maniac is the thieve. Damn it how could I didn't think of it earlier. Well that doesn't change the situation any better. We still can't fight him anyway.
  Trainer: I could go talk to him. I'm a pokemon trainer too.
  Elder: Really? you would do that. The villagers will all be grateful If you could chase him away.

So you travel up north. when you about to touch the lake a pokemon maniac jump out.

Maniac: Who are you? You're not one of the villager. What are you doing here?
   Trainer: I'm here on behave of the villager. Why are you stopping them from enter the lake and why are you stealing from them?
   Maniac: What I do here is justice. If you are one of them prepare for battle....
   Trainer: Wait what do you mean justice. What is justice in stealing from the weak?
   Maniac: Oh those villager are not weak. The thing they done to the Pokemon here are far worst than what I did to them.
   Trainer: What do you mean by that?
   Maniac: What do you see behind me?
   Trainer: It just a lake.
   Maniac: Just a lake huh, No just anyway lake. This used to be full with Pokemon that lived here. Now it just an empty lake all thank to the villager. Before they was just fisherman. They were friend of the lake. They take care of the lake and the lake take care of them. But ever since they signed with Crezka Corp. They been destroying the lake. Catching Pokemon by hundreds at once. Now all the left is a few magikarp and a couple gyarados.
   Trainer: I have no idea. How could they do this. I will talk to the villager.

Back at the village.
   Trainer: What are you explanation about the pokemon in the lake?
    Elder : The Crezka Corp offer us a package. They will buy all the pokemon in the lake at high price and afterward they will turn it into a vacation resort. Then our village will filled with tourists. So the villager were excited and signed with them. Now we have to obey the contract otherwise they will charged us fee that even all of our money combine could not afford.
  Trainer: You should have have told me in the first place. Maybe I could talk to the Corp for you.
  Elder: It maybe already too late. I told them about the Maniac up in the lake. They already sent some one to deal with him.
  Trainer: Oh no!

Trainer got teleport to the maniac place and found him injury.
   Maniac: The Crezka reps defeated me. Now they assaulting the Gyarados.

Trainer teleport to the Gyarados sene. Both of the seem exhausted. and in a deadlock tie.
  Rep: Hey you. You are that trainer the elder mentioned right. help us defeat these gyarados. The corp will pay you handsomely for your service.
  Gyarados: Grrrrrrrrr........

Trainer could choose to help either one. Either choice will bring up the battle screen. One against the Gyarados or the other against The Rep. They are equally difficult.

If you choose side with Crezka corp. and win, you will capture the Boss Gyarados and keep him. Along with cash reward from the Corp.
The Maniac will threw words at you then took off. The villager will happy for the increase in income.

If you choose to side with Gyarados and win, The lead gyarados will join you at free will. and he/she is carrying a water stone.
The Maniac will thanked you and say he will stay and revive the lake. The village still happy and decide to help the Maniac and turn the place into a ranch for all water pokemon. They still get tourist and make money (go figure)

Thanks for taking the time reading this post. Looking forward for everyone input and feedback.
Crossing my fingers for it being implement into the game.
The more I learn the more I know.The more I know the more I forget.The more I forget the less I know...So why bother?

PS: I do know it all it just that I can't remember all at once.

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
Re: [Quest] Trouble at the fishing village
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 02:24:18 PM »
Hmm, It is not a bad quest and I like the choice at the end, but I don't like the receiving of a shiny pokemon as a quest reward. Perhaps also the quest could be lengthened a bit and a bit of a split could occur where you follow the choice you wish to make to lengthen the quest and provide a bit more insight into the choice you're making. ;D

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 03:56:05 PM »
Slight corrections:

Trainer: I'm here on behave behalf of the villager. Why are you stopping them from enter the lake and why are you stealing from them?

and another about forgetting an 'm' in 'them'.

But on the whole, I think it's a good quest. Just so, I too am not too keen on that shiny Gyarados. This way, all the trainers of PU will have access to it... perhaps make it like a normal gyarados holding a red scale which will boost a little your chance of encountering with a shiny one, but with description "a rare red scale" so that it'll be even less frequent that a trainer will be using it to look for shiny Gyarados. The scale will have it's effect when the pokemon in the first slot holds it.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline kniveslove

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 01:22:04 PM »
No shiny pokemon as reward and more lengthy Quest and more depth. Got it!

To be honest I have not visit the quest and plot board thus I did not what are the like and dislike of PU community. I will make some change to the quest once i have the time. Thanks Stephen and Jerry
The more I learn the more I know.The more I know the more I forget.The more I forget the less I know...So why bother?

PS: I do know it all it just that I can't remember all at once.