* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: do you always let your pokemon evolve?  (Read 64682 times)

Offline ChibiVampire

• Normal Trainer
  • Aw... I have to walk to a stupidly far store... :/
    • View Profile
Re: do you always let your pokemon evolve?
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2010, 03:36:17 PM »
Technically you get shedinja at the same time as ninjask so you could say that they are both the final evolution of nincada
Darn it! You got me there... >.>!
Could you click my links daily?

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2010, 07:14:56 PM »
I tend to like the 2nd form appearance of most Pokémon that have 3 stages. Like Bayleef, Haunter, these two are the only ones I'm thinking of right now cause I'm lazy, and I usually don't evolve them until like lvl. 50-60.

Me do too! Some pokemon just sometimes get a drop in appearance appeal when they get to their last evolution...
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Adiatma

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2010, 10:30:28 AM »
Yes, of course. as soon as possible.

Offline ketchum, ash

• New Trainer
  • i have seen almost every episode and every film :)
    • View Profile
    • moxa anime
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2010, 08:55:36 PM »
i dont let my pikachu evolve because i want my pikachu to be as strong as ashes lol :P

Offline Runeheart

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2010, 10:35:28 PM »
Yes and no for me, I try to get at least one of every pokemon.
Thus meaning a Squirtle, Wartortle and a Blastoise ect.
So I do evolve to the highest but also keep the first form
Death is merely a door at the end of our path that we all must enter, but which path did you choose?

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2010, 01:11:34 PM »
I usually evolve my pokemon, except when they learn a good move (such as shadow ball, on my HeartGold gastly) and sometimes, i decide i like them a lot in the form they were in while i was training them for the move that I just give them an everstone to hold so they stop trying to evolve and I leave them that way, even though they are weak in their baby forms, even though sometimes baby pokemon can work out fine, such as a combination of the moves Hypnosis, belly drum, wake up slap, and waterfall on a Lv. 53 poliwag I have on my Japanese soulsilver game.
I like slowpoke.

Offline shadowbattlex

• Beginning Trainer
  • rapidash! lets torch somethin!
    • View Profile
    • master arcade
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2010, 06:31:34 AM »
not always, sometimes i give them a stone that keeps them in their current state. ex: if i get a treko i will get it to evolve to grovile but then stop there because i dont like its 3rd form.
http://www.master-arcade.webs.com
spread the word! rapidly growing arcade! loads of fun!

Offline ninja neb

• Normal Trainer
  • I am here, just busy. And ill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2010, 10:22:24 AM »
It depends on the pokemon with me. If one of my favourites is a basic form or stage 2 form, then i only let them evolve to the form i like, or not at all.

Made by the awesome Tealize

Offline Oboko Luckstone

• New Trainer
  • Oboko Luckstone, at your service!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2010, 10:46:54 PM »
It depends on the Pokemon itself. Like my Magby, for example. I think that little guy's just too adorable to change. Same thing with my Eevee. Not only are they adorable, they both hold a special meaning to me. Altering their form kind of changes the meaning behind them for me.
The dreamer dies, but never dies the dream.
Though Death shall call the whirlwind to his aid,
Enlist men's passions, trick their heart with hate,
Still shall the Vision live. Say Nevermore,
that dreams are fragile things.

Offline TheGr8

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2010, 11:23:04 PM »
Mine usually depends on if the pokemon will learn a certain move quicker as everyone else said or it will depend if I like the EVO better than the first form pokemon. IE: Growlithe --> Arcanine simply because Arcanine is my favorite pokemon. Although you need a stone, its still a choice of the matter to evolve it or not. I actually wait till Growlithe is around lvl 50 to evolve into Arcanine.

^^ My old buddy Thinkle77 made this

Offline sliux109

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2010, 12:37:06 AM »
i do it always exceppt for:

i dont know the time and i try to evolve to umbreon but i get espeon
evolve to shedninja sometimes because even though it has wonderguard, it has only 1 hp
i want to wait so that is can get a certain move earlier
i know that soon the new generation will come out with a different evolution and i wait for it and trade to that game and evolve there
im going to trade pokemon and prev evolution's base happiness is higher than nest evolvution

Offline Ver-go-a-go-go

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2010, 04:19:48 AM »
Sometimes it's just strategic to not evolve right away, which is common knowledge. Back when I had Fire Red, I stopped a Snorunt from evolving in Glalie once just because Snorunt would learn Blizzard the very next level, while it would take Glalie a good deal more.

Then there's just the cuteness factor of those 1st stage evolutionary lines. Togepi for instance; I just can't stand to let that little guy evolve. I always slapped an Ever Stone on it first time I got so that when happiness finally got to that point, it just wouldn't evolve. Same thing with most of the baby Pokemon too. Pikachu is the same way, even though Raichu is much better. Guess I just got to used to not being able to evolve him in Yellow, so now I can't bear to evolve it anyway. Thank god for the Light Ball though; makes having a Pikachu soooooo much better.

Offline TheGr8

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2010, 04:12:11 AM »
Sometimes it's just strategic to not evolve right away, which is common knowledge. Back when I had Fire Red, I stopped a Snorunt from evolving in Glalie once just because Snorunt would learn Blizzard the very next level, while it would take Glalie a good deal more.

Then there's just the cuteness factor of those 1st stage evolutionary lines. Togepi for instance; I just can't stand to let that little guy evolve. I always slapped an Ever Stone on it first time I got so that when happiness finally got to that point, it just wouldn't evolve. Same thing with most of the baby Pokemon too. Pikachu is the same way, even though Raichu is much better. Guess I just got to used to not being able to evolve him in Yellow, so now I can't bear to evolve it anyway. Thank god for the Light Ball though; makes having a Pikachu soooooo much better.

It is all in preference and what the trainer wants to do. I did the same thing with my Snorunt too lol :)

^^ My old buddy Thinkle77 made this

Offline Monzta

• CharlesedickNB
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Effectively.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2010, 03:56:19 PM »
I let it evolve if the pokemon that it's going to evolve into looks awesome.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2010, 04:10:42 PM »
I tend to like the 2nd form appearance of most Pokémon that have 3 stages. Like Bayleef, Haunter, these two are the only ones I'm thinking of right now cause I'm lazy, and I usually don't evolve them until like lvl. 50-60.

Me do too! Some pokemon just sometimes get a drop in appearance appeal when they get to their last evolution...

Best example of that is Mudkip. (How convinent....)
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.