* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: My Quest Idea  (Read 4394 times)

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
My Quest Idea
« on: March 31, 2010, 07:21:17 PM »
Start Location: A Pokemon Lab
     Your character walks into a Pokemon Lab, and immediately a scientist rushes into him/her yelling "Help! We need Help!" in a rush to get out. Being a curious avatar, you walk towards what the scientist was running away from, only to find a Charizard has gotten loose and is angry. Fire is spewing from its mouth all around. Another scientist stands frozen with fear, staring at the Pokemon. When talked to, she responds "... ... ... eep..." Your brave adventurer then proceeds towards the rampaging Pokemon. You battle with the Charizard, however, you cannot catch it. After you KO it, a cut scene shows it running away, out of the Lab. The scientist who ran out returns and talks to you. He tells you that he was conducting a relatively safe experiment on his prized Charmelion. Then something went horribly wrong, a member of an organization called Torchlight (can be changed) Came in and taunted the Pokemon. The Charmelion moved away from the experiment and hit the glass case it was in. At this, it got angry and suddenly evolved into Charizard. The Pokemon then broke the glass and lit the lab on fire. In terror, the scientist left to go for help. He tells you that you must return his Pokemon to him and eliminate whoever did this to it. He says he saw his Pokemon head to ? (I don't know where, so you can come up with the name) He hands you a special lab ball that will catch the Charizard without fail. However, when you reach the place, there is a tunnel you must enter. In the tunnel are members of Torchlight. After battling a few of them, you reach the leader, a Fire Juggler named Boswell. He tells you that he knows nothing of the Charizard, and a battle ensues. His last Pokemon is a Charizard. When he sends it in, something comes up that says, "it looks familiar.." You then use the Lab ball on it to catch it (It's not stealing if you steal from someone who stole it in the first place =^D) Boswell gets angry and storms off. After returning to the scientist and giving him the Charizard, the quest is complete.
Hope you liked my idea!
I'm not sure if this is the type of quest you are looking for
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 07:23:14 PM by Mr Pokemon »

Offline roemermw

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: My Quest Idea
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 11:46:24 PM »
I like the idea of catching Pokemon for other people in quests, I doubt cut scenes and fire animations could be implemented in the game though.

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 12:23:27 AM »
I like the idea of catching Pokemon for other people in quests, I doubt cut scenes and fire animations could be implemented in the game though.
Yeah, I was thinking about that when I was writing..

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 03:27:06 AM »
Wel, the fire spewing thing certainly seems out of reach, but simple cutscenes like your avatar automatically walking somewhere, or some other sprite leaving the area of vision and then dissapearing would be easy. I've made a few of them myself with rpg maker 2003. Then again, I don't know how this ol' game is being programmed, so it might not be as simple. :o

Offline Dawill

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 05:11:37 PM »
I'm assuming that you have already chosen your starter?
[image]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs42/f/2009/134/8/a/Pokemon_Girls_by_Kaumalat92.jpg[/image]

Offline BuzzKillington

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 05:27:58 PM »
I like it but it think a thing i have noticed with the PU members on here when they evalutatwe quests is the why? Running in and saving the scientist is one thing any good avatar would help an npc in direct danger but there has to be some reason for ou to give a damn enough to go chase down Torchlight and return his charizard.
THis could be something simple like a bribery or reward or it could involve som extra story development in quest. E.g something simple would be the charizard knocked you over on the way out and your pack got stuck on its talon. you want to get your pack back right.
Just my thoughts but i liked it nice quick and simple
- Buzz -
Narcissism, Arrogance and Antipathy are the key to my existance...