* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: The Nutty Professor  (Read 3995 times)

Offline tater160

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
The Nutty Professor
« on: April 01, 2010, 04:17:34 am »
                                             The Nutty Professor

Requirements: Ablity to use flash and rock smash, Must be able to go through a cave fighting off wild pokemon and team rocket

Rewards: You can turn fossils into Kabuto or Omanyte, gain access to the quarry caverns

The quest will begin in the town where the third gym is. You walk into a laboratory where you meet Professor Almond. He aside from being named after a nut is eccentric to say the least. He informs you that he is working on a machine that will resurrect extinct pokemon from fossils. He has done most of the work on the machine but he doesn't have a fossil to test in he machine. He tells you he will let you keep the pokemon if it works.
    You talk to an old man in town who says that there has been some drilling outside of town. You go to find out about this drilling and see a cave entrance. You go into the cave which is pitch black and requires flash to see.Farther along the cave is blacked by rocks you need to use rock smash to get by. This cave will have pokemon levels fifteen to twenty-three. The pookemon inside will be:
                    • Geodude
                    • Machop
                    • Zubat

You get out of the path and see three members of team rocket next to a drill. You battle all three of them in a row.
    The Rocket grunts members will have:
            Rocket Grunt:
                    • Geodude   lvl 18
                    • Koffing      lvl 18
            Rocket Grunt:
                    • Zubat        lvl 20
                    • Ekans       lvl 20
            Rocket Boss:
                    • Onyx         lvl 25
                    • Tentacool   lvl 20
                    • Mightyena  lvl 25
    After you beat all three Rocket members they leave the cave. By the machine you see a fossil. You pick up the fossil and take it back to professor Almond. You talk to the Professor who seems to want to get the fossil from you very quickly. Right before you give it to him another professor walks through the door. He says he is the real Professor Almond and the other one is an impostor from team rocket. Once this is said the impostor leaves saying he will continue his plan to use the machine to resurrect extinct pokemon to sell on the black market. Professor Almond then thanks you for saving the quarry caverns from team rocket then turns your fossil into a kabuto or Omanyte.
    Which pokemon you get would be random if possible or maybe depend on the day you use the machine. After you complete the quest you can go back to the quarry caverns to get another fossil. Professor Almond will change it into a pokemon for a fee. The resurrected pokemon would be level 5 like pokemon that have been hatched from eggs.
     This would make a good easy to medium difficulty quest and it would offer a different and cool prize as an incentive. It also can be followed up with similar quests that would expand upon the quarry caverns. This would mean new caves which had fossilized Lileeps and Anorith. There also can be another chamber which contains a pool full of relicath which were thought to be extinct. If a fourth quest would be necessary it could be a chamber full of unknown.

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
Re: The Nutty Professor
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 06:30:34 pm »
I think that the Rocket Boss is a bit too much stronger than the grunts and his Pokemon levels are too different. Maybe make it:
Onyx Lv. 22
Tentacool Lv. 20
Mightyena Lv. 24

Other than that it was a pretty good quest :)
But what happened to Cranidos and Sheildon!? :P

Offline tater160

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 06:51:06 pm »
Thanks I wasn't sure about the levels. I want to mix it up a little bit so it was hard and not to receptive. Cranidos and Sheldon can be added as a follow up quest too. Sorrynot to familar with Generation IV lost my pearl a while ago  :-\

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 10:03:34 pm »
Ha, I didn't really mind, just wanted something to talk about  ;)

Offline zrper

• Beginning Trainer
  • profile pic by amphy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 11:49:58 pm »
This sounds like a great quest idea! I hope its in-game.

Uh-huh

Offline Sazhuy

• Beginning Trainer
  • Dance, Boogey Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 11:53:13 pm »
Hmm this makes me feel like writing a quest. Thanks for the motivation
Rules FAQ Forum Etiquette
Read The Above Before You Begin

Offline BuzzKillington

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 05:41:46 pm »
Hey nice quest i like it and well thought out with all the levels and such shows real effort.
However some other guy responded to a quest i wrote saying that there will be no Rocket. I know say what pokemon without jesse and james. Anywho i changed my rockets to just a guy and a few helpers however seeing as how there will be plenty of quest like this i wouldnt know how every nutjob will get all these grunts i say it would be easier to use team rocket. Anywho so i think it would be simple to change the imposter almond to an actual rival professor who used to walk with almond or something and the rockets to be some Mercenaries the professor helped him to get his plan through. Other wise well done and i love kabuto and kabutops!

- Buzz -
Narcissism, Arrogance and Antipathy are the key to my existance...