* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Pokemon + Warner Bros?  (Read 11401 times)

Offline Coltrane

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pikachu used ACID
    • View Profile
    • Shit House
Pokemon + Warner Bros?
« on: April 02, 2010, 09:27:35 AM »
Warner Bros. to make Pokemon movie after obtaining all copyrights

In a stunning exchange of money for copyrights yesterday, Gamefreak, the Pokemon Company, Nintendo, and 4Kids entertainment sold all Pokemon copyrights to entertainment giant Warnerbros Inc. The exchange has been ground-breaking in Japan, and hundreds of protesters gathered outside the Gamefreak building as the final document was signed. Police were sent in to break up the crowd, and Barry M. Meyer, chairman of Warner Bros, stepped out of the building. He was met with boos as he walked to his limousine, but soon found peace in the airport.

"The first thing we are planning to do is stop making the games," said Meyer, "There is not enough profits in their productions. Instead, we're going to start making a real, live Pokemon movie. I have just gotten a call from our studios now that our developers have already begun creating the 'real life Pokemon.'"

Many Pokemon players around the world are not happy about this. A demonstration outside of Warner Bros. headquarters this morning amassed approximately 1000 individuals from around L.A. and area.

"It's not fair to the gamers," said Will Hayder, a demonstration leader, "I mean, wasn't Nintendo already producing another generation [of Pokemon]? This is very sudden."

TIM, a host of popular Japanese TV show Pokemon Sunday, was also stunned at the exchange, "I have heard behind-the-scene talks about this kind of thing, but I never expected it to happen. We are going to have to cancel the show."

Warner Bros. has already begun production of the movie, with a production time estimate of 2-3 years. "The CGI will be amazing," assures Meyers, "This will definitely be like Avatar."

I dunno how I feel about this. Ending the game seems logical, only to have it return in a few years in a better incarnation (without the ridiculous addition of even more pokemon). But I'm really excited for the concept of a live action/cgi movie. It seems hardcore.

My source, btw, is found here http://pokedream.com/

so what do you guys think?

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
Re: Pokemon + Warner Bros?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 12:01:50 PM »
if it's true it's kind of sad. But if Warner Bros. can do any better with the whole pokemon thing, then i say go for it. But if they happen to fail us all, then a riot will break loose >:]

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 12:10:34 PM »
I say it's an April Fools joke. No money in the Pokemon games? Please..
The article was written on April First, too. Nintendo wouldn't have started making new Pokemon if they knew they would be bought, that's the worst thing to do to fans like us.

Offline Coltrane

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pikachu used ACID
    • View Profile
    • Shit House
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 03:11:48 AM »
I say it's an April Fools joke. No money in the Pokemon games? Please..

It was an April fool's hoax, but nonetheless I still enjoy the concept. Take a few years out of the rpg concept and move Pokemon in a new direction, say a mmorpg? :P

Plus, then they could take the time to create a platform version of the games in 3D. It's about time they smartened up and made the games accessible outside of hand-held gamers' hands. I still have a hard time understanding the lack of a truly console based rpg in the entire series' history. They've done so many amazing break-through concepts from using the link-cable as a source of non-competitive gaming to using voice commands and linking hand-held games to consoled games. I think it's time for Nintendo to make the leap...

Imagine the possibilities if Bioware had the rights to the game? They know how to bring about a good RPG, like Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age: Origins...

Offline The Fireball Kid

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 03:19:03 AM »
Bad. Stuff like this normally fails in North America. Just take a look at Street Fighter, Dragonball Z. And probably more but I can't think of anything else. Anyways, whats not an April fools joke is that a...wait for it...Bleach live action movie is going to happen. How fast did it take you to say fail to that?

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 09:38:20 PM »
Other than the trainers i'm sure if this was real the pokemon would look AWESOME
oh yeah and you cut out the horrible pic of bulbasaur.
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline shaina

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 11:10:37 AM »
I am delighted to see the thread that you have shared with all of us.