* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: diaries  (Read 4898 times)

Offline vitsch

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
diaries
« on: May 05, 2010, 06:32:48 PM »
Hi, i had the idea of making an 'diary' sub forum when the game comes out.

The main idea is that players who are active on the forum can start a topic and start an in-game diary on the forum.
a in-game diary can contain:
-in-game goals (and how you accomplish them)
-in-game progress
-in-game pictures ( it makes your diary look better)
etc...

it's a pretty fun thing to do and to read. But there should be 'diary' rules, no to strict but to make sure there won't be useless posts (ex. today i found a berry).

hope you guys like the idea!

grtz vitsch  ;D

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
Re: diaries
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 06:50:52 PM »
I wouldn't mind this; as my signature tells, I like the idea of giving story elements to things done in-game.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 07:21:24 PM »
This idea was put forward some time ago... maybe 2 months ago? I don't quite remember. But the strange fact is that the search is not finding any of the keyword linked to that idea... strange...

Anyway, the players are free to make their own dairy/journal and I think the admins said there will be a sub topic for that. I need to confirm this though...
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline vitsch

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 07:31:52 PM »
This idea was put forward some time ago... maybe 2 months ago? I don't quite remember. But the strange fact is that the search is not finding any of the keyword linked to that idea... strange...

Anyway, the players are free to make their own dairy/journal and I think the admins said there will be a sub topic for that. I need to confirm this though...

yeah, i searched it, but didn't find anything related to this...

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 11:33:59 PM »
I found nothing related to it either; I search on all ideas extensively now.

Perhaps it is buried under quit a few other threads? Or maybe the keyword is just wrong. Either way, I like the idea of a sub forum for this.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 10:08:06 AM »
Or this idea was piggy backed onto the another thread... or maybe the thread got deleted...

I'm sure it was mentioned before.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline vitsch

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 08:31:43 PM »
allright, but what does everyone else think of this idea?

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 07:43:28 AM »
The conclusion of the other topic was that you can use your profiles for such matter.
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline vitsch

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 08:16:21 AM »
The conclusion of the other topic was that you can use your profiles for such matter.
didn't know that,
but the thing is, when you do it in your profile other forum members can't see when it's updated. And this forum is still growing, so if there are more members the diaries won't be clarifying. So i'm still in favor of this idea  :P

Offline Red_Cruzader

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 05:30:34 AM »
I think this is a great idea. I wouldn't want to forget what I was doing for 6 hours the day before. If I could just write it down, log out and log back in the next day to a journal would be awesome.

HEEEYA!

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 01:25:23 PM »
The diary journal idea sounds a tad pointless. Like Kamaran says, one's profile can be used for such efforts; or even the creative writing section.

I dont, honestly, see where anyone in this game would care about some noob's guy/girl's capture of a rattata and his/her's amazing duel with the first gym leader. I can see where this idea can be, somewhat, revolutionary; in the beginning.

But after a month or so, barring a high level player that's beaten managed to get amazingly far in the game, the journal idea would be filled with "goals/accomplishments" that wouldnt really be accomplishments to others in the forums.

I think this is a great idea. I wouldn't want to forget what I was doing for 6 hours the day before. If I could just write it down, log out and log back in the next day to a journal would be awesome.

If you're that concerned with forgetting and remembering what you planned to do, there is always Windows Notepad and Windows Sticky Notes. Writing it down in the public forum doesnt seem necessary.  :-\

Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline Seveer

• Beginning Trainer
  • MY TREECKO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 01:55:23 AM »
I agree with ghostman50. Its just pointless.
All who pass may never pass again. Or maybe they will!
I will one day become an official game designer, No Joke!
I’m a poor speller, so eat it.