* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Trade Pokemon?  (Read 9792 times)

Offline greenCoconut

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Trade Pokemon?
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2010, 07:52:55 AM »
hmmm so legendary pokemon is tradeble too??? i just cant wait when you invite me to play this game. btw wellcom to me XD. iam a newbie

There won't be any legendary Pokemon in PU.

No legendary? why not?
Legendaries are OP, also in most storylines there are only one of each and so it makes no sense for every Tom, Dick and Harry to have one.

hmm... nice. but i hope you have like a special pokemon (we get from event or another way) so it will be nice for who has it,

any day care on this game??
hmm.... or its must be other player, so we trade our poke and let him take care of it.?? did you have punishment for scammer, ?
is here any npc trader too? sorry, too many question, where i can read FAQ in this forum, someone please give me a link :P
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 06:27:32 PM by greenCoconut »

Offline Tetsuo

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2010, 12:56:59 PM »
Ok, so it seems its the same as the core games.

Do the higher level pokemon just flat out not listen thoguh? Or is there a percentage to wheter it feels like listening or not, going up and down depending on how many badges you need, compared to badges you have?

Better be disobey 100% to totally discourage unfair trading...

I have my own ideas on how trading will occur. Still, we're mostly working on getting the game running flawlessly. (Or maybe I just haven't been around for the cnoversations.) But, a few ways we could stop players from abusing it would be: make them have to reach a certain trainer level to trade. They must have a certain number of badges. They must have at least one Pokemon at level 20. They must complete a quest which will give them the option to trade. Or, they must have a certain item earned through some means.

Pick and choose, or combine, the ones that work best and that's how I see us deciding it.

I think that people should be able to trade at all times. Only, starters should be untradable and pokemons you are unworthy yet to control over will disobey (so you'll have to suffer the consequences of letting a high lvl give you a high lvl pokemon). Also I think that a pokemon should always be traded with pokemon (like in the GB games and the anime) but never get these situations: Butterfree > Potion ... Fire stone < Venesaur ... Items should be traded for money :)

Also, Raikt, you mention this:
They must have a certain number of badges. They must have at least one Pokemon at level 20.
Imagine the following situation:
Person 1:"Please, give me an antidote, my pokemon got poisened and i don't have any!"
Person 2:"Well, do you have 3 badges and a lvl 20 pokemon?"
Person 1:"No, I just caught my second pokemon!"
Person 2:"Sorry, can't help you then" * Person 2 bursts into a dance and walks away*

Thats why people always should be able to trade but with other bounduaries or however you spell that word xD.
I do not know with what WWIII will be fought with, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones - Albert Einstein

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2010, 05:58:50 PM »
Quote from: Raikt
I have my own ideas on how trading will occur. Still, we're mostly working on getting the game running flawlessly. (Or maybe I just haven't been around for the cnoversations.) But, a few ways we could stop players from abusing it would be: make them have to reach a certain trainer level to trade. They must have a certain number of badges. They must have at least one Pokemon at level 20. They must complete a quest which will give them the option to trade. Or, they must have a certain item earned through some means.

Pick and choose, or combine, the ones that work best and that's how I see us deciding it.
Report to moderator   Logged

The team is planning to use the trainer levels to control trading, and use the badges as another means to prevent unfair trading as the too high levelled pokemon would disobey their new trainer. Nothing was said about an item or the pokemon they have.

I just got another idea. Maybe we could only do trades in specific places, some will be in specific places, where the starter trainers cannot reach at first, but quite far in the game (I mean, it's difficult to go there just when they have weak pokemon, as they would get easily beaten by the wild pokemon/NPCs)

hmm... nice. but i hope you have like a special pokemon (we get from event or another way) so it will be nice for who has it,

any day care on this game??
hmm.... or its must be other lalyer, so we trade our poke and let him take care of it.?? did you have punishment for scammer, ?
is here any npc trader too? sorry, too many question, where i can read FAQ in this forum, someone please give me a link :P
Yes, there are daycares. Use the search bar next time.
For the two other questions, they were not asked yet.

I think that people should be able to trade at all times. Only, starters should be untradable and pokemons you are unworthy yet to control over will disobey (so you'll have to suffer the consequences of letting a high lvl give you a high lvl pokemon). Also I think that a pokemon should always be traded with pokemon (like in the GB games and the anime) but never get these situations: Butterfree > Potion ... Fire stone < Venesaur ... Items should be traded for money :)

I think that trading items and trading pokemon should be carried out separately, except when making pokemon hold items.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Tetsuo

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2010, 06:50:23 PM »
I think that trading items and trading pokemon should be carried out separately, except when making pokemon hold items.

That was my point...
I do not know with what WWIII will be fought with, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones - Albert Einstein

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2010, 06:53:13 PM »
And PU never said that you could trade items with pokemon or vice versa.

If I missed the post where they did say that, post the link please.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline Tetsuo

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2010, 06:59:12 PM »
If that post was meant for me I think you missunderstand me :)
In my post I say that people shouldn't be able to trade pokemon with items (my opinion). I never said that the team said there would be or wouldn't be an option to trade pokemon with items.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2010, 07:04:44 PM »
Ok, we are on the same wavelength then, trading pokemon for pokemon and items for items :)

Offline Tetsuo

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2010, 07:14:18 PM »
Yes indeed ;)

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2010, 09:44:27 PM »
I wasn't talking about what was already stated, Jerry. :p

Most of the concepts aren't solid yet. There is still a lot of talk on subjects. (Quite a bit, actually.) So, I was giving you some heads up on some ideas I'll be tossing around to balance out trading.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**