* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Your most interesting facts about Pokémon.  (Read 49060 times)

Offline Arcanine

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Your most interesting facts about Pokémon.
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2010, 07:58:29 AM »
Shuckle can deal the most damage ever. Although the circumstances would be nearly impossible, using Rollout, a level 100 Shuckle can potentially deal the most damage in one single attack through the use of numerous stat boosters, by using Helping Hand, Metronome held item, Power Trick, a Skill Swap to Pure Power or Huge Power, and the Defense Curl/Rollout combo. Also, Shuckle's partner must have the ability Flower Gift and the weather must be sunny. On the 5th impact of Rollout, if used against a level 1 Ledyba or Yanma that have been hit with negative Defense modifiers (such as Screech), it can deal 213,896,052 damage with a critical hit.
Wow.. that's cool.

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2010, 09:04:10 AM »
Shuckle can deal the most damage ever. Although the circumstances would be nearly impossible, using Rollout, a level 100 Shuckle can potentially deal the most damage in one single attack through the use of numerous stat boosters, by using Helping Hand, Metronome held item, Power Trick, a Skill Swap to Pure Power or Huge Power, and the Defense Curl/Rollout combo. Also, Shuckle's partner must have the ability Flower Gift and the weather must be sunny. On the 5th impact of Rollout, if used against a level 1 Ledyba or Yanma that have been hit with negative Defense modifiers (such as Screech), it can deal 213,896,052 damage with a critical hit.

I just copied and pasted this from http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Rollout , I didn't actually write all it out, but it still is interesting.
I like slowpoke.

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2010, 05:39:25 PM »
I lol'd at the roll out stuff
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2010, 08:50:21 PM »
Togekiss is one of the most hard-to-hit Pokemon if used correctly. With the ability Serene Grace, effects on attacks have a 2x chance of being used. Paired with Air Slash (30% flinch chance) and paralysis, this can prove to be an annoying combo with a % chance the opponent will not move.

60% flinch chance comes first I'm assuming, then 30% from paralysis after that. I think 30% of 40% = 12% So that means there is a 72% chance that Togekiss' opponent will flinch or not be able to move from paralysis.

Offline Marissa

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2010, 05:09:03 AM »
Doduo/Dodrio can fly
Diglett/Dugtrio can scratch/slash
Fire Fang can go through Wonder Guard, even if the Pokemon isn't weak to fire.

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2010, 06:42:19 AM »
Double Ditto:
-Even though just about every Pokémon can mate with a Ditto (Excludes legendaries, except a few) Ditto for some reason can't mate with another Ditto
-Apparently a Phione is ONLY a product of Manaphy/Ditto... WTF!? How does THIS happen? o,O
Corpsair, Decapitain, Sparcrow, Condurit. Stumpole, Steekee, Totember, Flaracuda... My current list of ideas for Pokemon.

Offline Arcanine

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2010, 06:55:10 AM »
FACT:
I'll be gone for a while guys... probably a few months... even though I just signed up you guys probably won't care xD
POKEMON FACT:
When pikachus meet, instead of shaking hands or rubbing noses, they interlock their tails.

Offline Monzta

• CharlesedickNB
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Effectively.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2010, 06:58:20 AM »
FACT:
I'll be gone for a while guys... probably a few months... even though I just signed up you guys probably won't care xD
POKEMON FACT:
When pikachus meet, instead of shaking hands or rubbing noses, they interlock their tails.
No two spinda are the same (omg)
Cya! hope you have a good.. break? :D

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2010, 07:10:07 AM »
FACT:
POKEMON FACT:

technically, spindas can be identical, it's just extremely rare for it to happen by about 1 in 4,000,000
I like slowpoke.

Offline Monzta

• CharlesedickNB
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Effectively.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2010, 07:20:27 AM »
FACT:
POKEMON FACT:

technically, spindas can be identical, it's just extremely rare for it to happen by about 1 in 4,000,000
Even if that's true, what are the chances? It's more rare than getting all legendary birds shiny.

Offline Sammy-Jack

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2010, 08:45:29 AM »
You can fight with the Pokemon you're surfing on
Horn Drill: "The foe is stabbed with a horn rotating like a drill." In that case: Wouldnt the Pokemon DIE?  Not just faint?
I have a broken leg and am stuck in a hospital till July 2!  At least i have a laptop.

Offline Monzta

• CharlesedickNB
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Effectively.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2010, 12:27:33 PM »
Kangashkan Baby (the one in the pouhc) and Cubone could be the same Pokemon. The only difference is that Cubone has that skull.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2010, 06:42:01 PM »
Horn Drill: "The foe is stabbed with a horn rotating like a drill." In that case: Wouldnt the Pokemon DIE?  Not just faint?
Flamethrower ligts them on fire, spacial rend puts a freaking PALKIA inside their body, steel wind slashes through their body with steel, rockslide and rock throw drop boulders on them, hydro pump hits them with enough pressure to shatter organs, a tail whip from a raquayza is like throwing a mountain at someone, and psychic is basically making the enemy go insane.
Will there be any further questions at this time, sir?

Offline guts120

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2010, 07:07:05 PM »
I'm new to the message boards so i won't post often.

Pokemon Facts:
Level 100 magikarp can be caught in pokemon platinum
Wobbuffet is the only non-legandery uber
Deoxys has the highest speed (in speed form) and the highest attack & special attack (in attack form)
Blisseys health can reach 714
Shuckle has the highest defence stats in the game
Shedninja can be knocked out by 1 round of passive damage
Burn lowers the attack stat, but the ability 'Guts' negates that effect
Arceus has the most total stats
Arecus is also the only flying type without a secondary type
Stone edge and sky uppercut can both hit pokemon in mid-flight
Bulbsaur is the only starter with a duel type
The moves Sacred fire and Flame wheel will thaw out a pokemon if they are used
Unown is the single worst pokemon in existance, because even magikarp learns tackle & flail and evolves to gyarados
The best type combination is dragon/fire and dragon/ground, because only empoleon & heatran resist the former, while only skamory & levitating bronzong resist the latter

Thx u, thx u, please reply and tell me if A) i'm wrong about anything or B) there is any more moves that hit a pokemon using fly!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 07:42:38 PM by guts120 »

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2010, 02:25:42 AM »
I'm new to the message boards so i won't post often.

Pokemon Facts:
Level 100 magikarp can be caught in pokemon platinum
Wobbuffet is the only non-legandery uber
Deoxys has the highest speed (in speed form) and the highest attack & special attack (in attack form)
Blisseys health can reach 714
Shuckle has the highest defence stats in the game
Shedninja can be knocked out by 1 round of passive damage
Burn lowers the attack stat, but the ability 'Guts' negates that effect
Arceus has the most total stats
Arecus is also the only flying type without a secondary type
Stone edge and sky uppercut can both hit pokemon in mid-flight
Bulbsaur is the only starter with a duel type
The moves Sacred fire and Flame wheel will thaw out a pokemon if they are used
Unown is the single worst pokemon in existance, because even magikarp learns tackle & flail and evolves to gyarados
The best type combination is dragon/fire and dragon/ground, because only empoleon & heatran resist the former, while only skamory & levitating bronzong resist the latter

Thx u, thx u, please reply and tell me if A) i'm wrong about anything or B) there is any more moves that hit a pokemon using fly!

Most of these are opinions, hardly any of these anybody really cares about, and technically, water/normal is the best type combination for attacks because only empoleon is completely resistant to it. Also, Unown actually has a decent special attack stat, and can be a viable sweeper if its stats are raised by baton passing with moves such as nasty plot and agility. Gust, Thunder, Twister, Whirlwind, Rockslide, and Bullet Punch also hit flying opponents, and lock-on and mind reader allow any move to hit a flying opponent. Garchomp and wynaut are also considered uber, according to smogon. A duel is an engagement in combat between two individuals. Dual refers to a grouping of two things. Too many other spelling errors to count, by the way. Also, try to not use texting slang such as thx and btw. Try to use more thought in future posts, please.
I like slowpoke.