* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Poll

Who is better Mew or Arceus (or another)?

Mew
14 (50%)
Arceus
8 (28.6%)
Other
6 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: September 29, 2010, 06:01:32 PM

Author Topic: Who is better Mew or Arceus (or another)?  (Read 28625 times)

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
Re: Who is better Mew or Arceus (or another)?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 03:20:33 AM »
If you look at the pokemon stats it is clear which is the better pokemon out of the two.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokedex/

So, I guess Arceus is the stronger pokemon
Stats aren't everything. Just 'cause a pokemon that you has to hack the game to get has the highest stats doesn't mean he's the best. With Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Metal Sound, and some 'Harsh' attack reduction stat, Mew could own Arceus. Being able to learn every move has its advantages.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 03:22:37 AM by Frenchfry545 »

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 05:16:26 AM »
Other...
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline DivineX

• Beginning Trainer
  • I've done that before.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 12:30:31 PM »
Mew is the ancestor of all pokemon. Arceus is a pokemon. Therefore, Arceus cannot be the "god". Arceus has bad moves. Mew, which can learn ANYHTHING at all, will own Arceus any day.
Quote from: Captain Obvious
I will live until I die.
see my cheezburger profile and my lolz here: http://cheezburger.com/w00terz/

Offline zelphie

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2010, 04:34:31 PM »
If you look at the pokemon stats it is clear which is the better pokemon out of the two.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokedex/

So, I guess Arceus is the stronger pokemon
Stats aren't everything. Just 'cause a pokemon that you has to hack the game to get has the highest stats doesn't mean he's the best. With Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Metal Sound, and some 'Harsh' attack reduction stat, Mew could own Arceus. Being able to learn every move has its advantages.

Yes, I understand what you are saying but I didn't choose because of the stats really I also looked at each Pokemon's  weaknesses yes it is true that mew can learn every move in the game and could beat arceus maybe. If you look at mew it has a few weaknesses and if you look at arceus it only has like one or two. Not to say that mew couldn't beat arceus in the game if it was trained specifically to beat an arceus. Just that even if the stats where normal mew would still have a harder time beating arceus because of it's many weaknesses. But I guess you are right on that part of what you say  mew could beat arceus if it was fair and not an arceus that has a cheat on it to max out all of it's stats.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 04:36:18 PM by zelphie »
(\__/)
(?'.'? ) paste Pika
(")_(") into your profile to help her gain world domination!

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2010, 12:30:03 AM »
Yes, I understand what you are saying but I didn't choose because of the stats really I also looked at each Pokemon's  weaknesses yes it is true that mew can learn every move in the game and could beat arceus maybe. If you look at mew it has a few weaknesses and if you look at arceus it only has like one or two. Not to say that mew couldn't beat arceus in the game if it was trained specifically to beat an arceus. Just that even if the stats where normal mew would still have a harder time beating arceus because of it's many weaknesses. But I guess you are right on that part of what you say  mew could beat arceus if it was fair and not an arceus that has a cheat on it to max out all of it's stats.
Mew is versatile, meaning it's move pool is very fluid. It could be specifically tailored to beat Arceus, then brought to a move realearner to go back to it's orignoal set. 'Sides, the combo I mentioned could pwn just about any pokemon. And... Mew is a psycic type. Psychic types are only weak against three types. And besides, Arceus' come in every type, so in a way, Arceus is weak against every type.

Offline zelphie

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2010, 02:56:25 AM »
Mew is versatile, meaning it's move pool is very fluid. It could be specifically tailored to beat Arceus, then brought to a move realearner to go back to it's orignoal set. 'Sides, the combo I mentioned could pwn just about any pokemon. And... Mew is a psycic type. Psychic types are only weak against three types. And besides, Arceus' come in every type, so in a way, Arceus is weak against every type.

Okay now I am a little confused I get that mew does have good attack because of the fact that it can learn every move but that does not mean that it can always beat arceus. It depends on what type arceus it is so no arceus is not weak against every type. Every one type of arceus has weaknesses just like an other type of pokemon would have a weakness like mew it's a psychic type as you said so it is weak against dark moves I think it is. I don't really remember if that is correct or not but I know that mew will always be weak to that type attack because of the fact that it is a psychic type pokemon.
(\__/)
(?'.'? ) paste Pika

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2010, 03:58:57 AM »
Okay now I am a little confused I get that mew does have good attack because of the fact that it can learn every move but that does not mean that it can always beat arceus. It depends on what type arceus it is so no arceus is not weak against every type. Every one type of arceus has weaknesses just like an other type of pokemon would have a weakness like mew it's a psychic type as you said so it is weak against dark moves I think it is. I don't really remember if that is correct or not but I know that mew will always be weak to that type attack because of the fact that it is a psychic type pokemon.
Well, it all comes down to this:
Mew can beat arceus unless arceus is one of the three types that are strong against psychic. Three times out of seventeen [Types] Arceus can beat Mew. That means that Mew is better roughly 82.35% of the time.

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2010, 04:54:28 AM »
Mew could still beat arceus if it knows powerful supereffective moves against those types, such as Fire Blast, Focus Blast, And Sucker Punch/Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse.
I like slowpoke.

Offline Passive

• Beginning Trainer
  • just listen // and watch the sky
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2010, 01:13:30 PM »
Though Arceus has better stats and is supposedly a "god", I personally think Mew will own lol.

Offline zelphie

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2010, 09:22:15 PM »
Well, it all comes down to this:
Mew can beat arceus unless arceus is one of the three types that are strong against psychic. Three times out of seventeen [Types] Arceus can beat Mew. That means that Mew is better roughly 82.35% of the time.

Yeah, I guess mew would win most of the time. :) <.< I still wonder about arceus though, why was it made to where each one has it's own type?
(\__/)
(?'.'? ) paste Pika

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2010, 06:20:57 AM »
Yeah, I guess mew would win most of the time. :) <.< I still wonder about arceus though, why was it made to where each one has it's own type?
Probably because it was supposed to be god. They didn't want a god pokemon taking favorites in types, but they can't just slap all seventeen onto it. So they make it have the option to have each type. (Read article: Is god white?)
And because even as it is, mew is more versitile. Being limited to one type would have made mew be closer to the 'omnipotence' characteristic.

Offline Hova

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2010, 04:59:57 AM »
idk mew would probably win some of the battles and arceus would win some of the battles too

Offline Bananamaster

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2010, 04:36:02 AM »
duh people arceus can learn any move and has its own signiture move (judgement)

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2010, 05:03:56 AM »
Are you sure you aren't thinking of Ashera from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn? Her weapon was called Judgement.

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2010, 05:06:33 AM »
Are you sure you aren't thinking of Ashera from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn? Her weapon was called Judgement.
Nope he also has that move.
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.