* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: ~A New Life-RP~ ((OOCC))  (Read 39044 times)

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
Re: ~A New Life-RP~ ((OOCC))
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2010, 03:19:59 AM »
so its yellow...pichu, pikachu,manectric, elekid, or electabuzz? :p
anyways, i wanna request to put a gym in olivais. A flying one.
Also requesting time change. Me and Gold have something big for when its nighttime.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 05:18:44 AM by Trainer Silver »
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2010, 12:22:19 PM »
Lol, okay, I'll tell. It's an Elekid ;)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Gold

• Beginning Trainer
  • 10 geek points if you know the spell is Ereshkigal
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2010, 04:03:42 AM »
I have never been one to keep what I have to say secret. If you don't like what I have to say well tell me. (Or fix the problem)

Lets start off with priority. Priority is important I think.

The games came first way back in 1996 (in japan.) They are the oldest form of pokemon therefore they are the most reliable set of "rules."

Later in 1996 the card game was released. Second oldest, next in line for priority of rules.
Later than the card game in 1996 was the manga. Third oldest, blah blah blah you get it.
Finally in 1997 the anime was released. This is the youngest there its rules are bottom of the priortity list.

Ill explain later why I think this is important.

Ok so for my complaints. Ill start with Sora,  sorry Sora. In the RP you meet up with Suicune, and it is instantly in love with you. In the game pokemon crystal (top of priority list) Suicune runs away many times before you have to battle it to earn its trust. I understand your not trying to mimic the games but making it to easy makes for a bad story. This is my opinion you do not have to agree with me and I am not trying to be mean.

Next Jerry. To put my thoughts very general, you need to learn physics and have to give some conflict in the story. For more specifics keep reading. When you fought in the gym the leaders Azumeril used Iron tail, and you bite it to stop it. Assume iron tail actually turns the tail into iron the force would have been way to strong. (Force = Mass * Acceleration. If the move was fast enough to hit a moving target acceleration must have been high. Iron is a dense material so the mass would be high. A high mass * a high acceleration would equal a large quantity of force.) Biting the end the tail would just crush the jaw of the pokemon not stop the attack. Another thing that happened that confused be, Eleckid used thundershock on the Lapras but the attack was canceled using surf. Surf creates a big wave of water, water conducts electricity, the attach would have been amplified not negated. Also try to win less, it makes for a boring story.

Also, like I mentioned earlier, game rules take priority over anime rules.(in my opinion) So in the middle of the battle, when your pokemon evolved part way through the fight, I think that makes no sense. You gain exp, when a pokemon is defeated, so without having beaten the Lapras your pokemon would not have gained any exp and therefore not evolved.

This is just my opinion, I never said you had to read this post, you dont have to listen to me I just wanted to say what was on my mind.
~A New Life~

Offline UnationConsideration

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2010, 04:18:40 AM »
Gold....you gained respect.
Feed My pokemon please I dont want it to die of hunger!
Wont you please feed that cute face?

Offline Gold

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2010, 04:20:35 AM »
Thanks...
~A New Life~

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2010, 04:24:13 AM »
I've had similar thoughts. if you win all the time there is no conflict. If there is no conflict, there is no story.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Sora

• Normal Trainer
  • Nothing is as dear and precious as time~
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2010, 12:39:16 PM »
Don't you think it's suspicius how Agnes was set out for Suicune before any other legends? And knew where to finde it?
I'm not makeing this up after you posted, Gold, but since you mentioned it, I might as well tell you. Agnes is suppose to have meet Suicune before the RP started. Like long ago, when she was a kid. I was still deciting beetween her drowning or Sucune getting hurt by hunters, so I didn't post anything about it. But I'll probably go with the 'girl drowning, Suicune saveing version.
I know this seems like I made it up just now, but I didn't. It's your choice weather to belive me or not.
Anyway, do you want me to edit my post?
My siggy just got attacked by zubat.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2010, 02:14:06 PM »
It's okay, I like it someone just doesn't takes everything that is put before them Gold.

I'm trying to stay as close to 'reality' (thought it's not the case in the anime).

1. Bite v/s Iron Tail.
- Does the tail really become iron? Or is the attack named iron tail because the tail actually becomes hard (not necessarily denser)?
- Applying F = ma, you are only getting the force that Azumarill applied by its tail, in one particular direction. Biting, that is from two different directions and does not directly inflict all this force on the jaws of Turtwig. This principle is used in most system of braking. The brakes are applied at right angles of the wheels so that the immediate force is damped. Taking further physics, you'll know that it's not the equation F = ma that you need to use, but the Momentum equation, that is F = dp/dt, giving the principle of conservation of momentum; m1v1 = m2v2.

2. Thunderbolt v/s Water
- You should know that water is actually an insulator of electricity. Water ionises only very slightly.

H_2O <> H^+ + OH^-

Only 1 molecule of water in 1,000,000 molecules dissociate. Water will only greatly dissociate upon the addition of an ionic compound like salt, providing Na^+ and Cl^- ions. And for electrical conductance, you know that you need either mobile ions or free electrons... which is not the case, unfortunately.

You see, even here I'm more applying physics that the 'reality' in game. Sorry, I had to let out my 'science' side :-[

As for the last point, I'm trying my best to (my pokemon fainted during the match)... but I'm just keeping training... This is how my char is evolving, until certain circumstances arise which will force a defeat... Oh, and did you notice the last sentence in my post in the RP?

Quote from: me
he knew that practically nothing could possibly stop him in his adventure.

They don't imply that my char cannot be beaten ;)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 02:22:25 PM by Jerry »
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline Monzta

• CharlesedickNB
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Effectively.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2010, 02:31:50 PM »
Jerry, you won't like my post, but that's what Kamelot's do for a living. Target random, innocent people for their Pokémon™.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2010, 02:38:06 PM »
But you g-modded my char... and that's against the rules... >.>

I was going to post this:

Jerry's pokemon needed to be healed after this fight. Houndour was now out of its pokeball. It was the only one which didn't battle at the Gym, because of its huge type disadvantage. As soon as Jerry had seen the pool, he knew that Houndour would have too much trouble to use attacks properly or even dodge moves efficiently. Grotle on the other hand was resting in its pokeball.

As Jerry entered the Pokecentre, he gave his pokemon to nurse joy, except Houndour. After a few seconds of waiting, he was handed back his pokemon and he turned out to be surprised.

- Oh, if it's not you Agnes! I'm glad you're okay. It's been quite some time since last time I saw you!

when the message popped up:
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 02:44:38 PM by Jerry »

Offline UnationConsideration

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2010, 02:44:12 PM »
But you g-modded my char... and that's against the rules... >.>
I can vouch for jerry. Oh and Sora everybody just HAPPENDS to know where Sucine is.
Feed My pokemon please I dont want it to die of hunger!
Wont you please feed that cute face?

Offline Gold

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2010, 04:10:30 PM »
Don't you think it's suspicius how Agnes was set out for Suicune before any other legends? And knew where to finde it?
I'm not makeing this up after you posted, Gold, but since you mentioned it, I might as well tell you. Agnes is suppose to have meet Suicune before the RP started. Like long ago, when she was a kid. I was still deciting beetween her drowning or Sucune getting hurt by hunters, so I didn't post anything about it. But I'll probably go with the 'girl drowning, Suicune saveing version.
I know this seems like I made it up just now, but I didn't. It's your choice weather to belive me or not.
Anyway, do you want me to edit my post?

Sora it is your story in the RP. I stated my opinion, which is exactly what it was an opinion. If you have a plan and like your story then keep it the way it is, I don't mind.

Jerry, you were right. I am surprised you have chemistry knowledge. Im not saying I thought you were stupid or anything just chemistry is not everyone's cup of tea...Sure isn't silver's
~A New Life~

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2010, 04:15:21 PM »
Shut up. :p I just didn't pay enough attention and did literally nothing. I'm not happy with how i did and thats why I'm retaking it.

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2010, 04:40:03 PM »
I have permission from Gold in this next post.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2010, 05:05:43 PM »
It's okay, it's good sometimes for me too to try and recall the things that I was 'hammered' in the head because I thought otherwise. I too, thought that water conducts electricity, until my chemistry teacher discovered this lol. If you know about the British System, I'm taking my A-Levels this year, so you can have an idea of how far I might be.

Now, how am I going to do this... dang g-modding... :(