Entertainment > Other Entertainment

Favorite Books!

<< < (3/13) > >>

chocobo:

--- Quote from: spirit on September 16, 2010, 12:07:19 AM ---
--- Quote from: chocobo on September 15, 2010, 11:59:05 PM ---I can't say I'm the biggest book fan. So I'm sorry for such a short list.

1. Survivor - Chuck Palahniuk
2. Slaughterhouse Five - Kurt Vonnegut
3. Long Walk to Freedom - Nelson Mandela (his autobiography)
4. Choke - Chuck Palahniuk (favorite author. He is also responsible for Fight Club)

--- End quote ---

oh yeah, fight club!
pure gold!

--- End quote ---
Definitely a great book. I would have added it, but I felt 3 books by the same author might be a little ridiculous. If you like Fight Club and haven't read Choke or Survivor, you should really do so. They are all written in a similar fashion with similar types of characters (people who are demented or have deeply rooted problems that put them in compromising situations). Survivor is about a cult survivor. All the cult members were programmed to commit suicide when the "time" came. He and few others were saved and it's his story from then on out. Choke is about a guy with a sex addiction who goes to sex addictions meetings to meet girls and will purposely choke in restaurants to get some action/attention.

xhizor8201:
I like reading shonen jump or other manga related books, but i also like books with a good story line with precise details to give me basic information about what is happening at the moment. One of my favorite books that ive read was when i was in 4th grade. I doubt anyone hear has heard about it but its a book called Because of Romek. Its a really good story and the time period is during the holocaust. I would say thats one of my favorite books.

Pubbles:
I just finished three books by Michael A. Stackpole... I forget the "____ Trilogy" name for them, but book one is called A Secret Atlas. I was pleasantly surprised.

It's not what I normally would've selected on my own, but he puts out a decent Podcast (free) about writing Fiction, and as a listener I decided to check out some of his work, and I was glad to see he actually uses most of the tips and ideas he gives in it.

Anyhow, You may want to give it a go. It's got a heavy Japanese influence (not entirely certain how correct he is with details and so forth, but it's obvious to anybody who knows much of anything about Samurai and their history.

-Pubbs

kristy:
Harry Potter
Ghost Girl
My Sister the Vampire are three my most most favorite books ever

Shadowfred:
1. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss is by far the best novel I have ever read. Although, the sequel just came out, so I might have to revise that statement soon.
2. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
3. The Discworld Novels by Sir Terry Pratchett
4. The Redemption of Althalus by David and Leigh Eddings
5. Seven Ancient Wonders by Matthew Reilly

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version