* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: CoD: Black Ops  (Read 22003 times)

Offline chocobo

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: CoD: Black Ops
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 01:34:55 PM »
Played Black Ops, and immediately uninstalled it after beating the campaign. The game was just terrible in almost all respects. Modern Warfare 2 was miles better, not only in story, but in gameplay as well. Black Ops felt rushed and extremely short. I also hated the fact that there wasn't really a linear story. Rather they just spanned huge gaps and dropped you in at random places.

Also, whoever said Battlefield Bad Company, I agree with you. I've been playing a bit of BC2 online. I love the realism, the competition, and the amount of time you have to put into the game to level up.

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 01:48:42 PM »
Played Black Ops, and immediately uninstalled it after beating the campaign. The game was just terrible in almost all respects. Modern Warfare 2 was miles better, not only in story, but in gameplay as well. Black Ops felt rushed and extremely short. I also hated the fact that there wasn't really a linear story. Rather they just spanned huge gaps and dropped you in at random places.

Also, whoever said Battlefield Bad Company, I agree with you. I've been playing a bit of BC2 online. I love the realism, the competition, and the amount of time you have to put into the game to level up.
I think Black Ops is just the memories of a soldier being told to someone interrogating him(that's what my uncle said, I'm not sure if it's true) and that's why the levels seem like they're just random places. I want to get Battlefield 3, it sounds like a good game.

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 07:44:34 AM »

I think Black Ops is just the memories of a soldier being told to someone interrogating him(that's what my uncle said, I'm not sure if it's true) and that's why the levels seem like they're just random places. I want to get Battlefield 3, it sounds like a good game.

That's exactly what it is, and what I've heard (not having played ALL of the COD games) is that this game was supposed to fill in some holes left in story-lines of other COD games.

Offline chocobo

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 11:53:21 PM »
Ehh. I just hate games without linear stories. I like feeling accomplished that I conquered a story. I love knowing I was immersed in the story as much as the gameplay. You don't get that with Black Ops. You just get the satisfaction of killing a bunch of people from random areas of the world until it ends. Which isn't really satisfaction at all.

I think I'm just bitter that CoD has changed so much from the beginning. They've pretty much given up making good stories and giving the single player fan a lot of satisfaction. Now it's just "Hey, here's a trashy, rushed, and very short SP, but WE GOT MOAR MULTIPLAYER!!!!! ZOMG!!!"

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2011, 03:46:59 AM »
Now it's just "Hey, here's a trashy, rushed, and very short SP, but WE GOT MOAR MULTIPLAYER!!!!! ZOMG!!!"

yep but the poor graphics made me sell my copy i sold it for 50$ and the only thing i regret is buying it in the first place.
also the difference between mw2 and black ops is that black ops was made by treyarch and mw2 was made by infinity ward, and dam infinity ward is just better.

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2011, 08:31:34 AM »
I just got Black Ops yesterday. Haven''t played much, but it is pretty good, considering the only other CoD game I own is Call of Duty 3.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2011, 07:58:56 PM »
I preferred online from Infinity Ward, though I really do like Zombies, so that makes up for it.
I don't think the story was that bad. Sure, it can't hold a candle to the story of the Metal Gear saga or Silent Hill, but it wasn't bad. Modern Warfare 2 had some deep words about war from Captain Price.

Offline Monzta

• CharlesedickNB
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Effectively.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2011, 01:49:55 AM »
The first five games were awesome, the MWF series was one of the best i've played, and WAW was (and still is) great fun. But Black Ops just... turns me off.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2011, 02:45:58 AM »

Captain Woods is reason enough to play Campaign.

Offline Monzta

• CharlesedickNB
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Effectively.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2011, 03:29:19 AM »
I've never seen a FPS without some badass tanked up soldier. Doesn't he look like Big Boss a little? (Or was it Solid Snake? I keep forgetting :P)

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2011, 04:52:55 AM »
Not so much. Most action heroes have stubble. Woods is missing the mighty Mullet and Eyepatch of big boss, and his face is narrower than the Snakes.
What I like about Woods is his slowly dwindling sanity. I realized he had the Psycho Wrestler mentality of my girlfriend's father when I heard the way he said "See that HIND? *rapid gasping* We're gonna take it!"
Intentional or no, Woods was made extremely cool when they made him touched in the head.

Offline Wailord

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • The artist of pixels
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2011, 12:04:00 AM »
Woods is a general lad.

"Trust me mason. The rat bastards corpes is a f***ing charcoal briquette

Man does he get my blood pumping.

Wouldnt mind giving reznov a smack though.
MAN MEAT <3

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2011, 03:21:27 AM »
Not so much. Most action heroes have stubble. Woods is missing the mighty Mullet and Eyepatch of big boss, and his face is narrower than the Snakes.
What I like about Woods is his slowly dwindling sanity. I realized he had the Psycho Wrestler mentality of my girlfriend's father when I heard the way he said "See that HIND? *rapid gasping* We're gonna take it!"
Intentional or no, Woods was made extremely cool when they made him touched in the head.

The Russian Roulette scene had to be the best.
Woods: F**kers.. I'm gonna make them pay.
VC: You! No talk - Play! *Spins gun on table - lands on Woods*
Woods: What's the plan?
Mason: I'm thinking.. I'm thinking..
VC: No talk!
Woods: You can't kill me!! Fuuuu*k!!! *Gun clicks*

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2011, 11:11:46 PM »
I preferred online from Infinity Ward, though I really do like Zombies, so that makes up for it.

yeah but imagine if infinity ward got the rights to make zombies? it would be sick!

Offline PowerPoke

• Normal Trainer
  • Don't I just look the sweetest? <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2011, 11:33:35 PM »
"Cod" Is WAY to bloody and violent! I can't stand it. I cringe whenever I see something like that. My brother was playing A "Cod" Game and there was a Mission where you was in a airport and you shot 10000 of inocent people...WHAT A SICK GAME! (Sick as in wrong, and gross) I had at least 4 nightmares about it.  :'( I prefer Pokemon  ;D No wonder people called me sassy  :-\ Even my Pokemon Explorers Of The Sky said I was sassy on my first go and I answered truthfully! (The bit where It picks what pokemon you are) But the good side to it was,

Sassy = Riolu

So I got to play as Riolu :D
My RP Pokemon