* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Running through ideas.  (Read 3155 times)

Offline greybomber

• Beginning Trainer
  • Mewww ~ <3
    • View Profile
Running through ideas.
« on: March 08, 2011, 11:19:50 AM »
These ideas may or may not have been discussed/suggested yet but if it has I hope I'm expanding on the topic.

I was thinking an alternative currency Only won through PvP ONLY, it should be used to enhance features of the game that do not change the physical features. i.e. whilst munny buys you pokeballs and potions this alternative currency changes your avatar, the flag on your house, the cool looking play pen you keep your pokemon in etc.

Possibly including towns in the game where you could sell or buy these items as objects and apply them when you reach home. I don't know the layout of the game or how you incorporate such a thing but the idea is out there.

This currency should be hard to receive and only available through many PvP games {sorta like a grind}, it gives a huge incentive to PvP rather than just go through the game solo making a wicked pokemon team.

I heard you get quests too, How does that work? Will it incorporate buffs, i.e. you gain double gold for the next 3 hours/ you receive double "currency" for PvP fights for the next 24 hours. etc.

Or even permanent buffs for the really hard quests like, finish this quest and your running speed will increase 5% forever.

Once again they may have been suggested but I wanted to make sure the ideas was out there.
"Sometimes I feel like killing myself hoping I'll wake up as the person I want to be." ~ Holly Pennington

"when you die your soul implodes into your subconscious thus you live in a world you've always dreamed of living" ~ unknown

Offline greybomber

• Beginning Trainer
  • Mewww ~ <3
    • View Profile
Re: Running through ideas.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 11:23:50 AM »
oh and I'm sorry for bringing up such an obvious implementation but... achievements.

I'm a HUGE achievement whore myself so would love to see this in game such as, achievement for finishing one of the hardest quests or receiving a legendary pokemon or defeating 1000 PvP trainers. Remember to focus on things that have to be grinded for, that's what makes a good achievement list, but do not make it too unavailable, I'm willing to go out of my way for an achievement but if I'm a noob starting the game and it involves having something I won't get for a long time it kinda puts me off, make the achievements available.

do not make them passive either, getting an achievement without realizing it existed is not what I call fun.
"Sometimes I feel like killing myself hoping I'll wake up as the person I want to be." ~ Holly Pennington

"when you die your soul implodes into your subconscious thus you live in a world you've always dreamed of living" ~ unknown

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 11:37:54 AM »
Nice picking suggestions never put forward before... (at least, I never saw them around).

The idea of a different currency is not bad, and I see it as being along the same line as Battle Points (BP) that is available in the Battle Frontier in the games.

As for the rewards after quests, no, there is no buffs I know about temporary of permanent. The rewards so far concern items and money and sometimes, pokemon, unlocking of some locations/area and trainer skills.

The Team will give a better idea about it.

EDIT to add following your second post: Legendaries will never ever be catchable, and avoid double posting please. Thanks.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline greybomber

• Beginning Trainer
  • Mewww ~ <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 11:45:57 AM »
Rofl, yeah you say it enough about the double posting, when I said achievement for catching a Legendary I meant just for receiving one, or receiving 5 or maybe even 100, not keeping them.

You didn't say anything about achievements does this mean you are or aren't gonna implement them/taking the suggestion in. I would even suggest rewards for achievements but then they would be too much like quests.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 11:55:28 AM »
Well, I don't think there will be achievements (not confirmed) but most of them will be included in the Trainer Level. As this implies, every trainer will have a certain level, from which many things like PvP, tournament eligibility, etc will be determined. So, I would guess at this point that the 'rewards' for a trainer's achievement would be directly related to the trainer's level.

Okay, now I'm confused about the Legendary part. To put it more clearly, trainers will not be able to use Legendaries in battle, whether it's PvP, in tournaments or against an NPC. Hence, they will not be able to get in your party, nor your storage facility for pokemon. (except maybe for a quest, even then, it'd be temporary, but that's not the point)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline greybomber

• Beginning Trainer
  • Mewww ~ <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 12:13:25 PM »
Oh ok that gives me a clearer idea of how legendaries work.

That's fair enough and all but you should be able to shine your bling, it should say somewhere on your profile this person has finished this many legendary quests or whatnot. (presuming you call the quest a legendary quest)

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 02:01:34 PM »
Oh ok that gives me a clearer idea of how legendaries work.

That's fair enough and all but you should be able to shine your bling, it should say somewhere on your profile this person has finished this many legendary quests or whatnot. (presuming you call the quest a legendary quest)

There will be quests where legendaries help you so i could see something like that being put in.