* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Elaboration on the 'Guild' System..  (Read 18844 times)

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
Re: Elaboration on the 'Guild' System..
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 02:56:27 AM »
How about Guild Unions?

I agree with Jerry and everyone. Allowing a player to join multiple guilds at once is a terrible idea.  It would create a lot of unnecessary smaller guilds.  Everyone would try to start their own guild because they could still be apart of a larger guild as well.  It will lead to hundreds of failed guilds.

But every now and then two guilds working together against two other guilds could be a cool idea.

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 03:50:59 AM »
A guild union would actually be a good idea. Multiple guilds teaming up to become a union/alliance would make guild wars and pvp more fun.

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 05:45:15 PM »
that would be cool
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Baka

• Normal Trainer
  • Troublemaker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2011, 06:18:09 PM »
I'm thinking more loma style, where you have to contribute to level up the guild, and gain skillpoints, etc. If you want to get rid of the leader, you have to pay the amount invested by him.

Offline usmerchant

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2011, 10:28:07 AM »
Well think about this you build up this amazing faction/guild/clan or w/e you wanna call it and then some new comer comes in challenges you and overthrows you taking over all your hard work and then ruins your faction/guild/clan or w/e that would just be a terrible idea all the guilds In PU would be chaotic and disorganized. This would just leave people QQing all the time about guilds and how they hate their own members
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth~~ spiral

Offline Monzta

• CharlesedickNB
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Effectively.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2011, 10:29:02 AM »
Yea, you totally dug this thread up.

Offline Swiush

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2011, 01:14:00 PM »
I do not support the idea of being able to join multiple guilds.
The idea of challenging the leader for the leading role sounds good, but usmerchant had a point when he said newcomers with no idea how to lead a guild could come in, challenge the leader and totally ruin the guild.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2011, 01:23:04 PM »
I'm thinking more loma style, where you have to contribute to level up the guild, and gain skillpoints, etc. If you want to get rid of the leader, you have to pay the amount invested by him.

To elaborate on Baka's little blurb here,

I'd say a Guild should have a Size variable. This affects the minimum rank a user would need in the guild, to challenge the leader.

In a small guild (15), Top 3
In a large Guild (100), Top 10

Does this make sense to anyone?

By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2011, 03:11:39 PM »
Challenge the leader? As in, to a pokemon battle? And whoever wins is the new leader of the guild?

Sounds like a bad idea to me. Imagine if we chose leaders IRL like that.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2011, 03:31:02 PM »

To elaborate on Baka's little blurb here,

I'd say a Guild should have a Size variable. This affects the minimum rank a user would need in the guild, to challenge the leader.

In a small guild (15), Top 3
In a large Guild (100), Top 10

Does this make sense to anyone?

Yes, but you would need to be a higher-up, if you wanted to challenge them.
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline gaurdianAQ

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2011, 05:30:57 AM »
it's definitely an interesting idea and a guild/clan system would be very good to have for a game like this...

But there would definitely need to be an instanced area for guild members to meet, and a tournament system would be interesting although I'm not sure how that would work if battles were to be on such a large scale.

What if your guilds instanced area was a town, that only your guild and invited guests can access, in the beginning it is just a blank area but if you build up enough currency then you would be able to populate it with common buildings such as a pokecenter, a shop which with currency could be upgraded to house higher level items (pokeballs and other things of the sorts)

Heck maybe it could go as far as to be able to set up your own personal gym, which guild members would be able to practice on, the leader of the guild would be able to set up the AI and which pokemon they use and possibly even what skills they have so that the guild members and guests could practice, they would not be able to gain and xp but the guild leader may be able to set prizes from his own inventory for defeating the gym.

So as an example, say the guild leader is a really experienced player and has high level items that most lower level players couldn't afford, he could place one of them as a prize if they defeat his gym (though he would have to set it fairly high)

at the moment I'm tired and can't think of any more ideas but I'll come up with more another time.
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." (Karen, elite 4)

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2011, 05:49:51 AM »
I personally would like to stay the leader of my clan, and I think everyone should be able to. It's not fair that you make a clan and can be overthrown. Unless everybody wants yo out or inactive.
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline gaurdianAQ

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2011, 05:52:33 AM »
With the concept of being able to overthrow a leader, it is a bad idea...

If the clan wants someone out they can set up their own battle to prove it, but the leader should not be forced out of his own clan if he is not wanted, the fact is he created it and he is in charge.
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." (Karen, elite 4)

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2011, 09:08:38 PM »
I agree. Also people should be able to ask, and the leader decide. Also, I think there should be 2 or 3 admins for each Guild. The leader can recruit them. Also maybe they can trade, like someone give the leader a PKMN in return for ownership, or money. If the leader chooses to do so.
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline Wire

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2011, 10:29:02 PM »
What if you end up the leader of all the guilds wouldn't you just combine them to one then?