* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [GUILD] Pokemon Knights  (Read 1943411 times)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] Pokemon Knights
« Reply #6510 on: January 10, 2013, 08:12:12 PM »
Year resolutions are indeed lame. Why does one have to wait the new year to set goals?

Just set them when you feel like so. Set goals to achieve in a fixed period of time, then split up into smaller daily goals to achieve which brings you to the ultimate goal. If you don't meet one today, make sure what you do tomorrow compensates it. Otherwise, review your ultimate goal.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
  • Arch Knight Ayara here~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6511 on: January 11, 2013, 01:44:40 AM »
Hallos~! Belated Happy New Year everyone! (since I just kinda, ya' know, disappeared off the face of the planet for a week or two there...)
I like, never make resolutions. I just fail at them anyway. >.<

XD You guys make sure you tell me how the game is when you get it.

makes me sad to realize that my game systems are all obsolete :C

PS: just did this a few seconds ago. ASJDF DONE.

*maxey whitehead moment*
F*CK YEAH!
That is badass. Totally. Havoc, if you wouldn't hit me for it, I'd hug you for that. But you'd probably hit me. So I won't.
As the saying goes, Curiosity killed the cat, not the dragon.
Sister, you really must stop throwing shoes at people.
Hello there.

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6512 on: January 11, 2013, 01:54:24 AM »
This is completely off topic, but I just got an idea. Why don't we open up an entire PO server exclusive to the Knights?
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline WhatThePumpkin

• Good Trainer
  • Currently On Hiatus
    • View Profile
    • WhatThePumpkin's dA
« Reply #6513 on: January 11, 2013, 02:25:24 AM »
I thought we have one O.o
What exactly would we do there? I think we should have tiers or each person be given a type title or something, lol. I'm not really making much sense right now, I kinda accidentally drugged myself.
That is badass. Totally. Havoc, if you wouldn't hit me for it, I'd hug you for that. But you'd probably hit me. So I won't.
Close enough. i'd actually slit your throat and hide what's left of you in a locker, but that's not important, lol. That game of BS today was hilarious. Especially because we kept BSing everyone. Trolling at it's best.
Fais Gaffe Au Soleil~
--
Well, next time you see ol' Firecrotch, make sure you give him a bad batch- Nagi Kengamine
--
No matter how girly I act, I am a man, and I would like to be seen as one. You are forgiven for accidents, but not ignorance. You can skype me at angelofcorpses if you have any questions, as I am on hiatus

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6514 on: January 11, 2013, 02:30:45 AM »
Well, WTP, we could hold more guild conversations there, as a faster and less spammy way than always using the forums (especially when the game actually does come out). We could also use it for special guild events, tournaments, or maybe even some sort of episodic RP thing.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6515 on: January 11, 2013, 02:49:42 AM »
That game was hilarious. Tomer kept calling BS on almost every freaking card, and got most of them right. XD Actually, I think every one of my cards except for like, one, was BS. XDDX
On a random note, I just HAVE to say it: VIC MIGNOGNA IS COMING TO OTAKON, OMIFREAKINGGODS!!!! *precedes to fangirl and eventually faint*
And, I guess so, Fenror. I'm not on PO a lot, so I'm not quite sure if my opinion should really count.
Hello there.

Offline Arctus

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6516 on: January 11, 2013, 03:01:40 AM »
I dont think we need an entire server for the knights, but it's fairly easy to just have a channel for the knights. Anyone can make the channel on PO.

Also, if the BS you're talking about is the same card game I know, then i'm just going to say that it's a very fun game.

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6517 on: January 11, 2013, 03:07:17 AM »
Well, the reason for having a server for the knights is exclusivity and knight-only events and conversations.

And I agree, if that is the card game I'm thinking about.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline WhatThePumpkin

• Good Trainer
  • Currently On Hiatus
    • View Profile
    • WhatThePumpkin's dA
« Reply #6518 on: January 11, 2013, 03:07:49 AM »
That game was hilarious. Tomer kept calling BS on almost every freaking card, and got most of them right. XD Actually, I think every one of my cards except for like, one, was BS. XDDX
On a random note, I just HAVE to say it: VIC MIGNOGNA IS COMING TO OTAKON, OMIFREAKINGGODS!!!! *precedes to fangirl and eventually faint*
And, I guess so, Fenror. I'm not on PO a lot, so I'm not quite sure if my opinion should really count.
Well, darn. I was hoping for an episode of the Flame and the Fullmetal. or another chance to meet whatshisface because he plays Sebastian and another one of my favorite characters (although I want to kick him in the shin because he ruined their voice).

I think that could save us a lot of spam and make it look like we're a more serious guild, but then again, it would be hard for the knights unable to use PO to get involved.

Arctus, I'm 100% sure we're talking about the same thing. It was hilarious today. Gonna bet money on the game tomorrow.

And, for anyone who knows what this means, P.EXE is back in action, lol.
Fais Gaffe Au Soleil~
--
Well, next time you see ol' Firecrotch, make sure you give him a bad batch- Nagi Kengamine
--
No matter how girly I act, I am a man, and I would like to be seen as one. You are forgiven for accidents, but not ignorance. You can skype me at angelofcorpses if you have any questions, as I am on hiatus

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6519 on: January 11, 2013, 03:17:46 AM »
I guess I'll go ahead and make the server then, and give the password to the knights and those that are active here.

EDIT: I can't do it myself right now.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 03:25:11 AM by Fenror »
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6520 on: January 11, 2013, 04:07:34 AM »
Yes, BS is hilarious. And, Havoc, they could have Vic and Tatum both come. Or Travis. Or Colleen. Or anyone, really. It depends on the schedules.
P.EXE is back? Like, the one I'm thinking of? I gotta go find my notes page....
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 04:22:42 AM by Ayara012 »
Hello there.

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #6521 on: January 11, 2013, 04:44:42 AM »
AYARA. No. don't get your notes. This is not the P.EXE you are looking for...or it might be, its just taking a different turn.soo...TAKE YER NOTES BACK.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6522 on: January 11, 2013, 05:08:12 AM »
Yeesh, okay! Goodness. I probably can't find them anyway, with all this clutter.
Hello there.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #6523 on: January 11, 2013, 06:05:13 AM »
Hold up. Pause on the server idea for a second. We all know why this thread has gotten spammy. Since the game hasn't released beta, there is really nothing we can do. But, rest assured, once the game is at least up in beta, the conversations will start to get guild related. Also, the server script for the balance server is coded differently. The only possible way I can see this happening is to use PO v2, but that means giving up the balanced pokes, and going back to boring the original game territory, which will make some of the pokemon the battle knights are using unable to hold their own against over used pokes (OU Tier). It will be easier to just open a knights channel. Roloc does not care about what happens in our guild, in fact, the guy could care less. And we're not a competative guild, so it really doesn't matter how secretive we get, no one will be able to use what they get to gain the upper hand. So, I'm going to reintroduce what we plan to do for the game:

-We will do our best to aid trainers any way we can. This includes joining a player party, providing help on quests, or simply sparring to help the person test a strategy/ new pokemon. That last one does not mean we have to lose on purpose, by all means give the battle your all.

-We will not participate in flaming of other players, in fact, we will give praise where it is due. Players who troll can rightfully be ignored, as they are not worth our time.

-We will explore as much as we can, for the more we know, the better we can help other players. We are the community guild, and must do our best to help the community.

Yes, I understand, as a writer for the game, I have a lot of insider stuff, but I'm going to concentrate on battles and sparring, and not so much the other things, since that would be providing many spoilers, and I really don't want to ruin a game that has taken a few years to get done for everyone. Which is why I proposed the whole sub groups thing. I think they went like this:

Fighters- Knights who work on battle strategies, and help other players perfect their strategies. These knights understand competitive battling, and can apply it to help new players who want to get into the battle scene.

Adventurers- Knights who like to go on quests, and explore new parts of the regions. These knights offer free services to join parties, or simply start a party to go on a raid/quest. They have a love of exploring, and can be great assets to players around the game.

Scribes- Knights who want knowledge, and can provide helpful hints to other players. They actively document what they found on their travels, and will answer any question a player may have about the game, or a specific place in the region.

So, that is my rant/reassurance. Don't be sad that the thread has a ton of spam. Once the beta starts, I'm going to re-open a new clean thread, and have it centered around guild related things. So, by all means, get your fill now.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6524 on: January 11, 2013, 06:30:59 AM »
Roloc does not care about what happens in our guild, in fact, the guy could care less.

True story.

Granted I am in all the channels, but I don't talk in them. I just keep an eye on things to make sure people aren't arguing and what not. But as soon as shadowfred is back, he can give admin powers to cortex and I won't need to be in all the channels anyway.
You can even ask blades/meowth/WTP. I never disrupt their RP talks.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:32:50 AM by Roloc »
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."