* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [GUILD] Pokemon Knights  (Read 1943857 times)

Offline WhatThePumpkin

• Good Trainer
  • Currently On Hiatus
    • View Profile
    • WhatThePumpkin's dA
Re: [GUILD] Pokemon Knights
« Reply #6525 on: January 11, 2013, 09:30:11 PM »
Hold up. Pause on the server idea for a second. We all know why this thread has gotten spammy. Since the game hasn't released beta, there is really nothing we can do. But, rest assured, once the game is at least up in beta, the conversations will start to get guild related. Also, the server script for the balance server is coded differently. The only possible way I can see this happening is to use PO v2, but that means giving up the balanced pokes, and going back to boring the original game territory, which will make some of the pokemon the battle knights are using unable to hold their own against over used pokes (OU Tier). It will be easier to just open a knights channel. Roloc does not care about what happens in our guild, in fact, the guy could care less. And we're not a competative guild, so it really doesn't matter how secretive we get, no one will be able to use what they get to gain the upper hand. So, I'm going to reintroduce what we plan to do for the game:

-We will do our best to aid trainers any way we can. This includes joining a player party, providing help on quests, or simply sparring to help the person test a strategy/ new pokemon. That last one does not mean we have to lose on purpose, by all means give the battle your all.

-We will not participate in flaming of other players, in fact, we will give praise where it is due. Players who troll can rightfully be ignored, as they are not worth our time.

-We will explore as much as we can, for the more we know, the better we can help other players. We are the community guild, and must do our best to help the community.

Yes, I understand, as a writer for the game, I have a lot of insider stuff, but I'm going to concentrate on battles and sparring, and not so much the other things, since that would be providing many spoilers, and I really don't want to ruin a game that has taken a few years to get done for everyone. Which is why I proposed the whole sub groups thing. I think they went like this:

Fighters- Knights who work on battle strategies, and help other players perfect their strategies. These knights understand competitive battling, and can apply it to help new players who want to get into the battle scene.

Adventurers- Knights who like to go on quests, and explore new parts of the regions. These knights offer free services to join parties, or simply start a party to go on a raid/quest. They have a love of exploring, and can be great assets to players around the game.

Scribes- Knights who want knowledge, and can provide helpful hints to other players. They actively document what they found on their travels, and will answer any question a player may have about the game, or a specific place in the region.

So, that is my rant/reassurance. Don't be sad that the thread has a ton of spam. Once the beta starts, I'm going to re-open a new clean thread, and have it centered around guild related things. So, by all means, get your fill now.

I call Scribe. Either that, or Advent-
Nope, let's go with Scribe. We all know that I'll die faster than the newbies. XD I'm okay with the guild being filled with spam and stuff. It seems like the spam (on the entire site) actually increased once I joined and possibly befriended people, so I blame myself for that, lol. I'll be fine with a new one, as long as this one will remain on the site for future reference.

Roloc does not care about what happens in our guild, in fact, the guy could care less.

True story.

Granted I am in all the channels, but I don't talk in them. I just keep an eye on things to make sure people aren't arguing and what not. But as soon as shadowfred is back, he can give admin powers to cortex and I won't need to be in all the channels anyway.
You can even ask blades/meowth/WTP. I never disrupt their RP talks.

Yeah, Roloc's not all that bad. He'll talk to us from time to time in our RP related chat (But not our actual RP), and when he does, it's pretty cool ;L he just chills and banhammers Blades and Meowth for the fun of it ;P

Yes, BS is hilarious. And, Havoc, they could have Vic and Tatum both come. Or Travis. Or Colleen. Or anyone, really. It depends on the schedules.
P.EXE is back? Like, the one I'm thinking of? I gotta go find my notes page....

Lol, Ayara, where the hell would we share notes anyway, if you even still had them? XD We barely talk anymore ;L
Fais Gaffe Au Soleil~
--
Well, next time you see ol' Firecrotch, make sure you give him a bad batch- Nagi Kengamine
--
No matter how girly I act, I am a man, and I would like to be seen as one. You are forgiven for accidents, but not ignorance. You can skype me at angelofcorpses if you have any questions, as I am on hiatus

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6526 on: January 11, 2013, 10:45:28 PM »
Hold up. Pause on the server idea for a second. We all know why this thread has gotten spammy. Since the game hasn't released beta, there is really nothing we can do. But, rest assured, once the game is at least up in beta, the conversations will start to get guild related. Also, the server script for the balance server is coded differently. The only possible way I can see this happening is to use PO v2, but that means giving up the balanced pokes, and going back to boring the original game territory, which will make some of the pokemon the battle knights are using unable to hold their own against over used pokes (OU Tier). It will be easier to just open a knights channel. Roloc does not care about what happens in our guild, in fact, the guy could care less. And we're not a competative guild, so it really doesn't matter how secretive we get, no one will be able to use what they get to gain the upper hand. So, I'm going to reintroduce what we plan to do for the game:

-We will do our best to aid trainers any way we can. This includes joining a player party, providing help on quests, or simply sparring to help the person test a strategy/ new pokemon. That last one does not mean we have to lose on purpose, by all means give the battle your all.

-We will not participate in flaming of other players, in fact, we will give praise where it is due. Players who troll can rightfully be ignored, as they are not worth our time.

-We will explore as much as we can, for the more we know, the better we can help other players. We are the community guild, and must do our best to help the community.

Yes, I understand, as a writer for the game, I have a lot of insider stuff, but I'm going to concentrate on battles and sparring, and not so much the other things, since that would be providing many spoilers, and I really don't want to ruin a game that has taken a few years to get done for everyone. Which is why I proposed the whole sub groups thing. I think they went like this:

Fighters- Knights who work on battle strategies, and help other players perfect their strategies. These knights understand competitive battling, and can apply it to help new players who want to get into the battle scene.

Adventurers- Knights who like to go on quests, and explore new parts of the regions. These knights offer free services to join parties, or simply start a party to go on a raid/quest. They have a love of exploring, and can be great assets to players around the game.

Scribes- Knights who want knowledge, and can provide helpful hints to other players. They actively document what they found on their travels, and will answer any question a player may have about the game, or a specific place in the region.

So, that is my rant/reassurance. Don't be sad that the thread has a ton of spam. Once the beta starts, I'm going to re-open a new clean thread, and have it centered around guild related things. So, by all means, get your fill now.

Well, I agree with most of this, actually.And surprisingly, I don't even care about the spam that much. Now that you mentioned some of the other stuff, though, it does make more sense why would shouldn't have one. And actually, once I got off of PU last night I kind of began to think that a Knights only server wouldn't be a good idea, for many of those same reasons.

As for the sub groups thing, I like the idea a lot, and I know it isn't final right now (nor even a major issue), but would it be possible to add even more categories? I had wondered if you were planning something like this a while ago, and even had some ideas, but I just never said anything, and now the only one I can remember is Breeder, if that would even be needed. And, would it be possible for a person to be more than one? Lastly, what about new members (once the game starts of course)? Would there be some sort of requirements for them to get a specific role? Would they get to just choose one when they join? Would there be someone in charge of each role that the new members would have to get with and request a role? Just curious.

Roloc does not care about what happens in our guild, in fact, the guy could care less.

True story.

Granted I am in all the channels, but I don't talk in them. I just keep an eye on things to make sure people aren't arguing and what not. But as soon as shadowfred is back, he can give admin powers to cortex and I won't need to be in all the channels anyway.
You can even ask blades/meowth/WTP. I never disrupt their RP talks.

Never disrupted anything it seems like. And I don't mind Roloc at all, I actually think he's pretty cool.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline BlazingNinetails

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6527 on: January 12, 2013, 02:46:08 AM »
well well well whats goin on here! xD
i never manage to forget this place if i do i always remember it in some point in time xP
PokeDex Info:
Type:Fire/Dark
Fox Pokemon
Likes chewing on fire stones and has split tails like Vulpix and can uses it's ability like Zoroark to change into people.

Offline NexosYourGayBestFriend96

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #6528 on: January 12, 2013, 02:59:40 AM »
I would probably be an adventurer, to be honest. o3o I think that would suit me pretty well.
. . .

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #6529 on: January 12, 2013, 03:56:24 AM »
"everything is going to get more serious"
"Private server"
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline WhatThePumpkin

• Good Trainer
  • Currently On Hiatus
    • View Profile
    • WhatThePumpkin's dA
« Reply #6530 on: January 12, 2013, 04:39:52 AM »
I would probably be an adventurer, to be honest. o3o I think that would suit me pretty well.

I bet you can come up with some hilarious/scary stories to some of the random people that come across you. If I were an adventurer, I'd have to have a coat of Phoenix Down for my PKMN or something. X3

Efi, SJDFK Stawp. I will call the Turrets on you >:C

EDIT; A friend of mine just preformed a pkmn glitch, one of the MissingNo ones. The highlight of his newest video is "tm55 wants to learn john!"
How do you learn john? Anyone? Can anyone answer that for me? Please? I'm so done.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 05:39:24 AM by WhatThePumpkin »
Fais Gaffe Au Soleil~
--
Well, next time you see ol' Firecrotch, make sure you give him a bad batch- Nagi Kengamine
--
No matter how girly I act, I am a man, and I would like to be seen as one. You are forgiven for accidents, but not ignorance. You can skype me at angelofcorpses if you have any questions, as I am on hiatus

Offline Sazaraki

• Beginning Trainer
  • ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #6531 on: January 12, 2013, 07:35:37 AM »
I would like fighter, but I'm like the worst battler on the forums lol xD. I wouldn't be able to help anyone.

Offline BlazingNinetails

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6532 on: January 12, 2013, 08:44:38 AM »
i would like to be a fighter as well xD
PokeDex Info:
Type:Fire/Dark
Fox Pokemon
Likes chewing on fire stones and has split tails like Vulpix and can uses it's ability like Zoroark to change into people.

Offline Arctus

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6533 on: January 12, 2013, 10:17:17 AM »
I'd either be an adventurer or battler.

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #6534 on: January 12, 2013, 09:43:53 PM »

Efi, SJDFK Stawp. I will call the Turrets on you >:C

PFffffffffft. I got this. *hides behind a wall*

Never said it was a good plan.
TRANSMISSION_END

zylonnick

« Reply #6535 on: January 12, 2013, 10:17:50 PM »
I would like fighter, but I'm like the worst battler on the forums lol xD. I wouldn't be able to help anyone.

Well, you're not that bad actually, you're just inexperienced and rely too much on heavy offensive teams. If you try building in a couple of defensive pivots and tweak your pokémon's movesets a bit, you could become quite good.

Offline Sazaraki

• Beginning Trainer
  • ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #6536 on: January 13, 2013, 01:06:06 AM »

Well, you're not that bad actually, you're just inexperienced and rely too much on heavy offensive teams. If you try building in a couple of defensive pivots and tweak your pokémon's movesets a bit, you could become quite good.

Haha thanks. Yeah I know I tend to rely only on offense, making it impossible to switch to anything lol. I'm gonna be working on my team some today.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6537 on: January 13, 2013, 04:59:59 AM »
If you need any help, just ask. :)
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #6538 on: January 15, 2013, 07:03:21 AM »
As for the sub groups thing, I like the idea a lot, and I know it isn't final right now (nor even a major issue), but would it be possible to add even more categories? I had wondered if you were planning something like this a while ago, and even had some ideas, but I just never said anything, and now the only one I can remember is Breeder, if that would even be needed. And, would it be possible for a person to be more than one? Lastly, what about new members (once the game starts of course)? Would there be some sort of requirements for them to get a specific role? Would they get to just choose one when they join? Would there be someone in charge of each role that the new members would have to get with and request a role? Just curious.

To answer in order.

-More groups can be added as we go on, right now, let's focus on these three for simplicity. As for breeder, I think we are good on that. I know miss wednesday from EE is willing to breed a pokemon so long as we provide compensation, and the pokes for breeding.

- I had already planned this a while back, it was in a short post that I am too lazy to go and find. Plus too many pages to sort through.

-I don't see why a person can't do more than one. It's not like the sub group can come with a tag as the guild system will not be implemented in beta, and there is a lot to take care of for that. Just state what mode you are in. For example, if you're a fighter, just say you are taking challenges, if a adventurer, say you're open to join a group, if you're a scribe, say you are willing to provide info on a certain area (This one may be more time consuming, as you might need to explore a bit to know what's in an area first.)

-As of right now, there are no requirements, so simply stating what mode you're in will do, even for new members.

-There are no formal leaders of the guild, as Arctus, Ayara, and myself will be managing the guild anyway. I know that Arctus said he will probably be an adventurer for a while, and Ayara will probably be a scribe for the most part, while I go as a fighter for the reasons I posted before. The three of us are the leaders of the guild. And no, you do not ahve to go through us to get a role, just be one when you can. Essentially, we might have to play all three roles, but you can focus on one.

I hope that answered things for everyone else.

Also, a note to Sazar, listen to Roloc, and speak with other people on the server. You can get some good tips to battle from most of the competitive battlers.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6539 on: January 15, 2013, 01:44:09 PM »
Ok, sounds fine, just wasn't positive. Now odeternimine which role I would want. Probably Adventurer and/or scribe.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100