* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Day/night and seasons  (Read 11753 times)

Offline Wrathes

• Normal Trainer
  • DO NOT DISTURB
    • View Profile
Re: Day/night and seasons
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2011, 02:16:30 AM »
Yeah the day and night thing sounds good and possible since it was done in previous games before, also is there going to be those contests like the ones in ruby and saphire etc?
Those contests may BE implanted into the system, but this is not quiet certain whether there are huge fans of move contests. If there are huge fans, the chance will be likely, if it's not much, it would be a waste of effort for those programmers to make the contest and NO one (or a few) participates it.
But I'm pretty sure this will be discussed AFTER the game does comes out.
Now back on subject, Season and Day Night changes are certainly nice to keep things not becoming old. However these implants may be after pre-beta or beta. As most of you guys know, they're still far behind to release the game for Pre-beta anyways (to public and note me if I'm using the wrong term of Pre-beta and not Beta, thanks).

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2011, 11:02:35 PM »
 I like the night/day and change of seasons idea too. One thing I would add, is how the seasons would effect the battles and not just the rarity of Pokémon. There have been on-field weather conditions in-game before, and I think it would be nice to introduce them into the PU.

To give example for each:

Summer - Intense Sunlight
Fall - Heavy Rain
Winter - Hailstorm
Spring - Both Intense Sunlight and Heavy Rain might occur

A Desert (if there is one) might have occasional Sandstorms, at night there might be Fog or Shadowy Sky. (In the mornings there might also be Fog)

Anyways I think it would be a good idea and would help with integrating it into the game if I actually knew how to do it (TnT) because I realize it wouldn't be the easiest of tasks. - It's just an idea, if you don't like it no problem since it's not that important, but it might be fun to try. Your call.

I apologize beforehand if this was discussed before, but i didn't see any of it in this Topic, and I figured this relates to it so should be mentioned.
                                                                        Cheers, Genbor
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2011, 06:25:15 PM »
Well, nice ideas, that maybe (that's my opinion) make them a certain time of the day (which means multiple times an IRL day). For example, summer sunny time will be from noon to 2 pm or something like that. Same for the others at different periods of the day/night.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Synatrax

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2011, 08:26:00 PM »
Sounds good, but hard to create.

regards,
Synatrax