* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: group stages for tournaments  (Read 4571 times)

Offline Wire

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
group stages for tournaments
« on: April 20, 2011, 08:44:07 PM »
Just an idea
 I think when the game starts having tornaments there should be group stages for example like 4 people in each group and if you win you get 3 points and if you lose you dont get any or (if you manage a draw you get 1 point each), but you can still top the group and advance to the next stage even if you lost one match or two matches depending on the other players.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: group stages for tournaments
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 08:49:42 PM »
A system of group similar to football tournaments?

I'd be okay if there were different 'types' of tournaments, so, not only one specific way around :)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Wire

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 08:52:49 PM »
Exactly like in the fifa 2010 world cup spain lost their first match and ended up winning the whole thing.

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 09:02:25 PM »
 I like the idea, since one trainer can be good against one and be at a disadvantage at the other. This way he might have a second chance. *Is talking about himself, since he never wins*
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline himoo1

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 03:37:34 AM »
I also like the idea, but also believe their should be multiple types of tourneys like a steel Pokemon tourney or grass and get down to the type of Pokemon it is and see who raised theirs best and a level maximum for them like a lvl. 5-10, 11-20, etc. but good idea I like it

Gotta love Pokemon

Offline St. Jimmy

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'm doing stuff, Hershel. Thaanggss."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 03:43:09 AM »
I like this idea as well.  This way a person has a better chance of moving on and having another chance if you lost mainly because of something like critical hits or your attack missing.
sup

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 03:46:05 AM »
in other words it would be like Mario Kart Grand Prix?

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 12:50:36 PM »
Yes it would be like that.

I also like the idea, but also believe their should be multiple types of tourneys like a steel Pokemon tourney or grass and get down to the type of Pokemon it is and see who raised theirs best and a level maximum for them like a lvl. 5-10, 11-20, etc. but good idea I like it

My only problem with this idea, is that there are people who like to be ready for any kind of situation, so they use a Balanced team. So either add a Balance tourney to it, or much easier is to just have a battle royal with allowing any kind of Pokémon to enter.
                                            Cheers, Genbor

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 07:13:01 PM »
My only problem with this idea, is that there are people who like to be ready for any kind of situation, so they use a Balanced team. So either add a Balance tourney to it, or much easier is to just have a battle royal with allowing any kind of Pokémon to enter.
                                            Cheers, Genbor

Now... I'm not getting your point... yes, people like to be able to correctly predict and having all pokemon sharing the same type doesn't mean that it's not balanced. That's what I think though.

Add a balanced tourney to it: What do you mean? The Balance Team is trying to make every pokemon viable to competitive play in their own ways so that no pokemon will be overused, nor no pokemon will be left behind because of their poor stats/movepool.

Battle Royal: This will always exist :)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 11:20:57 AM »
 Sorry it might not have been clear to what I mean by Balanced.

I meant that I don't like to stick with one type of Pokémon like some people (ex: all fire Pokémon)
 But I like to have my favorite Pokémon on my team so it would be from six different types of Pokémon. I might not have correctly used the word balanced, to describe it, but I didn't really know how else to say it. (Versatile maybe?)

their should be multiple types of tourneys like a steel Pokemon tourney or grass and get down to the type of Pokemon it is

What I understood from this idea was that the tourneys should be based on types of Pokémon, (all steel, all grass etc. )  and that's how we got to my previous post. Sorry to confuse you.  8)
                                                    Cheers, Genbor

Offline himoo1

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 04:49:40 PM »
I like the idea of yours, but i still think that their should also be all grass, steel, etc. for someone who likes just one type of pokemon... i never meant that we shouldn't have a tourney where you bring the pokemon you want to have.

Gotta love Pokemon

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 06:05:43 PM »
Sorry it might not have been clear to what I mean by Balanced.

I meant that I don't like to stick with one type of Pokémon like some people (ex: all fire Pokémon)
 But I like to have my favorite Pokémon on my team so it would be from six different types of Pokémon. I might not have correctly used the word balanced, to describe it, but I didn't really know how else to say it. (Versatile maybe?)

their should be multiple types of tourneys like a steel Pokemon tourney or grass and get down to the type of Pokemon it is

What I understood from this idea was that the tourneys should be based on types of Pokémon, (all steel, all grass etc. )  and that's how we got to my previous post. Sorry to confuse you.  8)
                                                    Cheers, Genbor

Oh okay, lol.

I addressed your 'battle royal' as the mix tournaments (with every type of pokemon) allowed. So that's okay.

My other point, was that the fact that there are tournaments for single types doesn't mean that you can't take part in any tournament at all. You can just subscribe to the tourneys that you want to participate. I believe there will be many tournaments with different restrictions for everybody's liking and everyone is free to choose where to participate.